New Vehicle Weapons Changes - Enforcer, Saron, Proton PPA, Marauder, Etc

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NoctD, Jan 16, 2015.

1. moriarrr-ceres

The PPa, despite his improved accuracy and infinite ammo is just trash. You have to mag-dump your entire clip to kill one guy, the damages are bad compared to others weapons you can use instead. even when i try-hard, I'm less accurate than with a fury/cobalt/marauder, because of his slow velocity. I'm near overheat each time i try to kill a heavy assault. It doesn't do the CQC job of the others, and nothing encourage me to make short bursts. I can't even use it as a suppression weapon.
    Same thing for the Saron. Since i never missed one shot of the previous Saron. I never needed this improved accuracy, all i need is RAW damage. the ability to mag dump with this weapon is what make me to use it instead of the halberd. With the fear of overheating each time i encounter a tank in cqc i will use the halberd in CqC/midrange also.
    Alot of bad magrider gunners use the Saron at range, just for one reason: they are not able to shoot An elephant in a corridor with the halberd, And they never learned flanking.
  2. Vortok

Many people have long complained about the Magrider having to use a peekaboo style and not being able to play 'hit for hit' nearly as well as the other MBTs can. A charge mechanic on the Saron could potentially synergize quite well with dancing in and out of cover style of play. The rapid fire/magdump at close range ability is still quite useful for flanking styles. Personally I'd toy around with being able to charge 3 of the 6 shots. Whether the charge can be held indefinitely or if it autofires after a period of time would be something else to consider.

Depending on methods/numbers used, it might risk making the Saron a bit too all purpose (one gun to rule them all, yada yada), but isn't one of the Vanu traits supposed to be versatility/adaptable as opposed to something like sheer power/speed/defense? Even if it's above average in several areas, as long as the specialized weapons are better at their roles (aka, PPA is better at AI, etc.) by a decent enough margin, there should be a reasonable balance that can be found.

Marauder being a double shot weapon sounds interesting and would help finally make using it feel reasonably different from using a Fury.
  3. Vanir

I like the changes that have been done to all of the secondary tank weapons, however the marauder is completely useless at range when compared to the other secondary Anti-Infantry guns.
  4. xxx-reaper

So don't start complaining about the Saron yet. It's very clear thaat they haven't finished making adjustments too it. They just wanted to see if the heat mechanic might work better than a reload. It's going to have ammo, it's going to have a cooldown reduction cert tree(that works). It's probably gonna be like a month before we see the fixes on the test server.
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Wait, they dropped the Heatsink? :( Damn
  6. moriarrr-ceres

I'll be happy if they make also an hud change on these weapons, especially on the heat managed weapons. Actually the heat bar is at the bottom, and should be IMO at the center (like infantry centered hud). They should also implement more unique crosshairs:
    -one modern crosshair for the NC (like the Red faction railgun?)
    -one Sci Fi crosshair (tri dot?) for the vanu saron (maybe a round one like canister for the PPA)
    -one graduated mortar crosshair for the marauder.....
  7. moriarrr-ceres

8. moriarrr-ceres

This is HAWKEN a fps game where you drive mecha. In this game all weapons have heat mechanic. It's easy to notice if you are overheat because IT AT THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN IN RED. I think we need something like that
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Ah, the good old times when that game was still good.
    Still, the idea is sound.
    A visible heat bar might really help on something you deliberately don't want to shoot till it's empty.