Weapon Disabled

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevanov, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Kevanov

Yeah in the middle in an alert. Its was my 2nd time since I started playing but then after 5min I can finally use my weapon, I throw a grenade on C point and disabled again....

I assume it happen often to some people since 10% of my deaths are caused by my allies...
  2. Archiadus

Why would you throw a grenade at the C point while there were allies present? o_O
  3. quickbeam2

im not entirely sure what the point of this thread is
  4. TerminalT6

Put in your char name here and tell us the results.
    Chances are you just need to play a bit more conservatively with your explosives.
  5. Xasapis

If you came from Battlefield, you need to realise that this game has teamkilling active and adjust your game accordingly.

One grenade does not get you locked. Even one C4 killing 20 friendlies won't get you locked. Shooting friendlies however for some time before that grenade just tripped the anti-harassing trigger.

Edit: Looking at your TK record, it seems that you definitely play "sloppy". You'll just need some time to adjust better.
  6. Crowne

I had the same issue during the alert.

Not a single incident of friendly fire from me so that has nothing to do with it.
    I had to relog, and then it worked again. Couldn't fire or aim, but the buttons worked in settings so it's nothing to do with my mouse.

Chalked it up to yet another brilliantly idiotic bug.
  7. Xasapis

The case of the OP is not a bug.

Were you in a MAX at the time?
  8. Crowne

hmm, I think I was an engineer, or maybe light assault, at first.

I tried to switch classes a few times as I know that can clear the invisibility bug when we're glowing. No luck for this though.
    Then I tried clearing and resetting the keybindings in settings, which had no effect either, but at least confirmed that it wasn't my mouse since I could reset them just fine.

I logged out and closed out completely back to desktop. Relaunched, tested in the warpgate to confirm that fixed it, and then made my way back to the alert. Luckily I'm in the member queue so it never takes very long to get in.

On the bright side, I haven't spawned below world, up in the air, or in the middle of nowhere 1k meters from the spawn in I think about 48 hours so that's a plus ;)
  9. Taemien

I have been Weapon Locked twice in over 2 years of playing. The first time was right after Beta, I was firing tank rounds into crowded areas back when such weapons had Twice the splash they do now.

The second time was because some bad was coming at my squad for some supposed slight. So we had to put him down to keep our vehicles up.

So no.. its not common at all you just need to watch where you aim.