Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak Game Company

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Eternal Enigma

Daybreak Game Company... was that name assigned to you guys or what?

It sounds like a temporary name someone randomly chose... did you guys pick names out of a hat?

If you guys can't come up with a marketable business name that tells us a lot about what we should expect.
    • Up x 3
  2. vittumitapaskaa

All true, but I wouldn't keep your hopes too high. It will hurt if you drop high to bottom.
    • Up x 1
  3. TechMechMeds

Hahaha, will they screw ps2 slowly and sweetly for long term gains or quick and dirty with no fks given.

Either way i'd say the games life expectancy just got halved
  4. Selerox

The sky just fell.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm not trying to make with the drama. It's simply a fact that this is highly, highly unlikely to end well for us and the game we play.
  5. Orakel

Can you fix Cobalt server ?!?!?! since 4 days "poor connection" and horrible lag spikes ..
  6. McHool

Maybe even that is optimistic. Maybe server-shutdown was just around the corner and this is giving it to the sharks. Time will (probably no) tell :)
    • Up x 1
  7. LordTankT9

Well... I am concerned our butt broken MMOs, but that's the only step down that may happen. I will try to be optimistic, we have an actual chance of getting things fixed - more then we had an hour ago and past two years.

Let's bet it all and hope for the best...
  8. TechMechMeds

It literally all depends on how money is wanted to be made, nothing more.

Well they might actually care a bit about the players, you never know.
    • Up x 2
  9. AlterEgo

I can not express how happy I am for you and the gang. Keep up the great work, Radar, and good luck!:D

P.S. I'm sure that a few resources could go to the Vanu weapon model revamp... right?
    • Up x 1
  10. Blindsied

11. ARTIFICIALDIFFICULTY

im scared
    • Up x 1
  12. Ximaster

Hey this change significates planetside 2 on xbox one???? Or games on tablets??? Please respond the second question at least caused im writing this message on my tablet :D
  13. McHool

From CN's portfolio website:
    "Our portfolio companies are driving technology transformation across the globe."
    This means as much to you as it means to me or any of the PS2 staff by now, I guess. Maybe they are working on Skynet, who knows?;)
    • Up x 1
  14. LaSeRCyBoRg

News:
    SOE pretends to get acquired by another company to be able to infiltrate and sell games in XBOX too. Brilliant!!! :cool:
    • Up x 1
  15. Yago

Aww shucks, and I was hoping they might fix a few things and even acknowledge the customers, that sort of stuff.

Perhaps we may yet live in hope?
  16. Yuki10

SOE missed the oportunity.. Daybreak, really? Why not what you always wanted it to be instead - PAYSTATION!
    • Up x 1
  17. Colonelveers12

Well...... it's not like they can really do any worse.....
    • Up x 4
  18. LibertyRevolution

When the game is in a worse state after 2 years of live than it was in beta, it is time to fire and replace the management team.
    Both Higby and Smed need to be removed from the team or this new company will never see a dime from me.

These 2 have been doing nothing but running the game into the ground for the last 2 years..
    Making pendulum style balance changes with a slegehammer, then leaving items in broken useless states..
    Doing halfass updates, like here is half of the resource update, will give you the other half "SOON".

Soon is too late now, 2 years we waited for them to get this game right, 2 years and its worse now than beta!
    FIRE THEM ALL.
    • Up x 6
  19. Yuki10

YES! If people can't develop community platform where THEY want to participate and instead take it to some other sites and services, why should anyone else participate in THEIR community? I think they need someone more loyal to their own products.
  20. Yago

Indeed, the same for the community staff, they never talk to us.