Taunting enemies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Mythologicus

As a general rule, I don't taunt unless an ESF swarm descends on me and one of them crashes into a tree/hill/another ESF while trying to kill me.

There are some exceptions, usually involving people who are being dicks or generally just very annoying. I guess swarms of terribad ESFs fall under that, really. :p
  2. z1967

I like to offer people ammo on their corpses. Better than V6 for me tbh.
  3. TheBlindFreak

I'll V1 "thanks". Occasionally I'll use V6. And sometimes when using v6, I accidentally hit the transport request "I NEED A RIDE!".

I don't see any reason not to hit the taunt or thanks key. It doesn't take any extra time or effort. It's also pretty funny seeing all these people come on here to say they're above gloating. It just looks like they're gloating that they don't gloat.
  4. Tommyp2006

V7 is my taunt of choice.
  5. Problem Officer

Some places I sit quietly in a MAX and spam v2 so people assume there's an injured infantry they can finish off.
    • Up x 2
  6. Joexer

I have a habit of /telling my killer if they killed me in an exeptionally awesome way. Like a Rendezook or onetime when this reaver gunned my max racer harraser THROUGH the tunnel bridge at top speed and made it out alive. I ussually end our chat with "until next time" or something.
  7. LordTankT9

I sometimes teabag enemy snipers, because shooting them with 16 hellfire rockets are never enough...:)
  8. Kuriby

If you need to "taunt" your enemies in PS2.... should spend more time learning how to play fps games....
  9. tf2hero

i NEVER taunt or tbag because any commissar treats the foe with at least some respect (also because imsolazyBL00L)
  10. Modern Ancestor

Theres so much more to this life than being better. Theres other things than ego to keep you going.
  11. Gretchen

I mostly taunt when they killed me once and I killed them back just a few minutes later, both by a random encounter. Yesterday I died by an infi claymore at the side of a building (going to point A). 2 minutes later the guy died by my Bouncing Betty at the vehicle terminal as he went to hack it. D'you think I taunted him? Oh yes I sure did :D
  12. HadesR

Got a tell yesterday after killing someone about how " Us BR100 subscription pay to winners are brutal but skill-less "

Is it classed as taunting that I replied I'm F2P apart from cosmetics ?

:oops:
    • Up x 2
  13. Pirbi

So many bullets, grenades, rockets flying from so many directions I'm impressed if the opponent gets 100% of the kill or if I do. If I send a tell over a fight, its usually meant to be funny.
  14. RoofLurker

Once I was trying to cap a point with some stalker cloaked inf on it.
    I had no flash light, and couldn't find him, so I pressed V-6 repeatedly.
    He couldn't resist taunting back, and I heard the positional audio clearly coming from the edge of a staircase...
    I instantly, accurately sprayed him down, and got the last V-6.
    Otherwise, I usually taunt when I catch somebody so unaware that I can adore their backs for a while,
    to see if they turn around to face their doom like in some horror movie scene.
  15. Ballto21

Theres a difference between teabagging/dancing on a corpse and pressing middle mouse 4 (rebound my knife to v and voice menu to middle mouse) while still running. but yeah you make a point and it is hilarious to see happen, an example i can make is a i got teabagged by a br 7 heavy that killed me a couple times when i was cmaping his sundy, and a suicide flash blew it up and the medic driving it rezzed me.
  16. STR1D3R109

I Do the good old V1 if its a pretty good kill, But definitely a tell for the more hilarious moments!
    Anyway ive been sent tells before from using the "thanks" because the custom drill sergeant voice pisses people off xD
  17. MajiinBuu

Usually the only time I taunt is when I reach a camping tank as an engineer. I throw the AT mines down and V6 right before the sticky grenade goes off.
  18. Champagon

I taunt particularly good/annoying players that I manage to kill either by v+6 or teabagging. Contrary to popular belief this game is not supposed to be "feel good simulator 2015". It's a massive FPS and tebagging is a staple of it's existence :p

~find enlightenment~
  19. Rogueghost

I got a similar tell a long time ago, I wasn't a subscriber yet and killed him with the trac-5.
  20. ShinKartz

I don't taunt (unless I get taunted and it's revenge time) but I do have a personal quirk.
    I say "thanks" with V1 to all those "bright people" who try to sneak attack me, when alone (both me and the enemy) and they spam QQQQQQ while approaching:confused: . Thank you for alerting me, dear sir or ma'am. You just made my job a whole lot easier.:p