PS4 beta in UK??

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AdamantiumPandas, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamantiumPandas

I just got a code for the PS2 beta on PS4 but its USA only and I'm in the UK. Not sure what to do.... Can anybody help??
    • Up x 1
  2. American_Psyco

The UK beta won't be for another 2-3 weeks bro , any chance you could give me the code and when I get mine through I'll send you it buddy, thanks
  3. Carlos1879

I signed up for the beta on the first day and have not received a code yet however I am also from the UK so even if I get one I cant use it, normally in these situations I would then give my code to some one from America who could use this code if it is useless to me. However without any further details I would be very reluctant to do so as it could mean me not getting in the beta when it eventually hits the EU, so I would like to know if we receive a code now but are from the EU will the code be valid when we receive the beta or not? if not will there be separate sign ups for the EU beta?

I am sure I am not the only one wishing to know the answers to these questions and knowing would allow me to either pass on a code if/when I receive one otherwise I would be very reluctant to donate what could possibly be my only way into the beta. Thank you.
  4. American_Psyco

Is there any way I could give u my code when I receive it ? Trust me. I could not say I would give it to a fellow planetside 2 player and not give it bro thanks, Add me on Psn Scottish__Psyco
    I'm from Orlando Florida btw, just like Scottish ppl lol
  5. Carlos1879

The only problem I can see with exchanging codes is what happens if codes received by EU players now work for this beta and you then receive a code in a few days will that then work with the EU beta or not or vice versa. I still have not got a code yet but until we find out from SOE what is going to happen in future I would recommend players hang on to their codes (unless they get extra's somehow) if SOE however stated outright if these codes EU players are receiving work with the NA beta or not and what will happen for the EU beta regarding getting codes I would bet most EU players would be willing to trade.

Personally I think the NA will get the closed beta and the EU beta in 2-3 weeks will be part of the open beta and therefore would not need codes, however with SOE'd lack of communication on the matter I assume you can understand mine and possibly other players reluctance to forfeit codes that indeed may or may not work in exchange for codes in the future that may or may not work.
  6. cabby44

I'm in Australia and have a code I cant use... Anyone know when Australia gets access to the Beta??
  7. chibi_andy2

im in south africa and my code doesnt work either.
  8. kimmo1976

Im from finland,did get the code aaaaaannnddd used the code and dont get to play,if they wanted only us players to closed beta then they have choosed usa players.And now i want to know when the beta arrives in northern europe and can i play it
  9. Wayne Van Dam

If you all switch user on your ps4 and then create a new user but put a random US address you then have a US psn account. Redeem the code on that account and your in the beta. You don't need to pay for psn because it's a free to play game. I am from the UK and I ve been playing all weekend.
  10. doombro

I recommend holding onto it, there will be a beta for Europe come a few weeks. If you get into this beta, your code is essentially voided, and you will be forced to play by US time zones. For the UK, that's like 11 PM to 5 AM. Not ideal.
    • Up x 1
  11. xX-Blitz-Wing-Xx

If you live outside the US and have a code you can still play I have played with people from AU, EU, RU, you have to create a US account and set it as your primary you PS+ will roll over so no worries there. A good portion of us in the US did something similar to play WAR THUNDER when it was still a EU only dl
  12. C1ancy

Hopefullly this isn't the case, but on PS3/4 DCUO the US and EU servers were separate.

You needed to download the EU version to play on the EU server and visa versa, what made it worse was that while having the EU version let you play on EU servers if you were using a US account you could't buy anything or sub and even with the same PSN account your characters were separate to each version.
  13. bigdaddycompton

So just got my email for the ps2 beta put it in and Sony slaps me in the face with a big error code has already been used....kind of hard since I entered it no less than 2 min after getting said code...
    • Up x 2
  14. DarkRedFlame

Same here, I think the store just hasn't been updated for the codes yet and that's why people are getting the error. Might work in a hour or two.
    • Up x 1
  15. bigdaddycompton

Thanks for the reply darkredflame I'll be looking for friends to play with on ps4 once it works psn is same as here I live in Ohio
  16. ageorge1028

Hello!

I just received a ps2 beta code and when I enter it in the redeem codes section of the PS store it says.

"This PlayStation Network card number has already been used.

Please check your entry

(E-82000130)"

PLEASE help! I was so excited to see that I received a code and now I'm crushed!
    • Up x 1
  17. Sagremort

Same thing here, im canadian and in the email i've received it's enclosed after the detail on how to activate it on PS4 it says 'Codes are applicable for redemption for PlanetSide 2 on the PlayStation®4 system for accounts that are registered and physically located in United States. Please note that the code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.'

After what i tried to redeem the code on a US account and it was working but i didnt confirm anything just in case
  18. Wizdomtooth

Hey we don't need you international laggers in here buggering things up.
  19. VSDerp

they said on twitter its getting worked on
  20. Tactical Moose

When I went to enter my code an error keeps popping up saying that its invalid and i tried multiple times. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know because i want to play ps 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.