Does anyone else get a little frustrated with Heavy Assault?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Orpheus66, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Orpheus66

This is a infantry heavy game. Most of the time you are playing on the ground and the most powerful class, hands down, is HA. From my point of view, mainly playing TR, the VS just swarms with heavy assault and maybe from the VS point of view the TR swarm the same way. Either way most people are playing HA because it is just so ******* easy and useful.

Anyways, this is my little rant. Nothing has changed with this game in how many years so i'll just delete and move on. Oh well.
  2. Dyckman

As someone playing LA a lot, HA can be annoying. My greedy side likes gun fights, but going toe to toe with a HA is never a winning fight VS on the other hand. I'm about tired of their HA. Any enclosed area is spammed with Lashers.

That being said I like the diversity so,
  3. Leer

HA are strongest when you hit them head on. Try an LA and drop in from the side or come up over a wall, off a roof, etc. They really aren't that bad if you don't play to their strength. HA are the easiest to play and learn so they are popular.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kociboss

Just play as HA. I recommend VS HA (orion).
  5. CapperDeluxe

I've played mostly Light Assault the last couple years (something like 45% on players site), and now that I've gotten the Eclipse aurax carbine I thought I'd move on to LMGs.

Lets just say, I miss having jets. Being required to find the correct staircase or way around a wall sucks. Get vertical or get lost!
    • Up x 3
  6. Lemposs

Not really, you got an extremely mobile class that can outmaneuver and flank HA which leaves you in a superior position that quite frankly if you lose that fight, you suck. You got two support roles, that rarely should be in a 1v1 situation, and even then can often go either way; not to mention one of them can plonk down a little turret that will murder any HA dumb enough to go up against it. And then you got a predator role, that I never play and frankly don't care if they die to HA, schadenfreude and such.

No, I don't get frustrated, because I know my classes and my weapons, I know where to fight and when to fight.
    • Up x 3
  7. FateJH

Even Heavy Assaults can't beat other Heavy Assaults a lot of the time; and, even non-Heavy Assaults can beat Heavy Assaults some of the time. My best suggestion is not to engage Heavy Assaults as if you were a Heavy Assault if you are not a Heavy Assault. Stop thowing yourself against their bullets, trying to out-tank them in the middle of the open, and complaining when you die. And go for headshots.
    • Up x 3
  8. Xasapis

It's ok, everybody needs an excuse when they can't overcome obstacles. Reminds me of the complaints about MAXes, some think they are easy kills and others machines of destruction. They are both right ... and they are both wrong.
    • Up x 5
  9. FocusLight

Afraid I'm going to have to stop you *RIGHT HERE.*

You see, if you want to argue HA or any class is the "most powerful" you will have to define what you mean by "powerful."

Then you have to explain how this "most powerful" factor negates the benefits of any other class, or is superior to the factors that comprises the other classes, let alone vehicles.

Get to it.
    • Up x 2
  10. Arsonix

Until I started putting extended magazines on all my guns I was getting wiped by people with instant rechargeable 700hp buffs. Once you realize over half of the people you are shooting at in the battle are all bullet sponges you just have to get a bit mad about it.

Especially since there was an overshield activation time nerf announced months ago that still hasn't come down the pipes.
  11. Kevanov

Aggresive Infiltrator can kill HA pretty easily imho.
    • Up x 1
  12. HadesR

Just waiting for the EMP changes to hit Live :)
    • Up x 1
  13. Mythologicus

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Xasapis

This will never happen, simply because it will make two out of the three shields obsolete. I even doubt there was ever such an announcement made.
  15. Crator

This is a combined arms game. There are aircraft and ground vehicles too. It really depends what you play style is in regards to how much time you spend as a ground trooper or a vehicle driver. Maybe one might spend their time equally between them all or ignore some and only spend time as a ground trooper or an aircraft pilot.

The HA is the most powerful? Depends what you define as powerful I suppose. All of the classes have different abilities that give them an advantage in some way. If you evaluate each you'll find that they all are powerful, just in different ways. Or are you saying you wish that all classes were on equal footing (basically we have no classes and everyone can do everything all the time)?

How do you know that only HA is used BTW? I see many different classes used (because I get killed by them).
    • Up x 2
  16. Xind

If HAs have you down spawn a MAX and have a smile.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zeppelin123

If HA is so super duper OP why just dont play HA ? Oh you dont want to forfeit the other abilitys your prefered clas gives you ? Oh my oh my.
    • Up x 2
  18. Pokebreaker

Simple answer. Heavy Assault, Light Assault, MAX, and Infiltrator (although very loosely) are the ONLY, I repeat, ONLY, Infantry classes in this game. The others are support classes designed to be Force Multipliers. There is a common misunderstanding between what Infantry is, and what support classes with guns are.

All of the classes are EASY to play, IF you actually play the class correctly. If you find yourself as a Medic or Engineer, leading the charge; YOU ARE WRONG (in respect to class roles). Now that is not to say players can't play the way they want, running headlong into enemy lines. If you can pull it off, more power to you. However, you can't say one is easier than the other, when you're (not directly you) clearly confused as to what your role is, per the class you chose to play.

The Medic and Engineer are the EASIEST classes to play (I played only Medic for over a year starting out, because my aim was TERRIBLE), because their primary purposes are to be frontline support. They should not be the ones sticking their heads out of the trenches, looking to kill Charlie, because that is what Heavy Assault and their Shields are for. Medic and Engi have abilities that net them BUTTLOADS of XP, while never having to pull out their primary or secondary weapons. Meanwhile, the Heavy Assault and Light Assault ONLY get points from kills and spotting. This means that what really matters (gaining XP for Certs, which lead to upgrades), swings heavily in the favor of Medics and Engis. Heavy Assault is usually not a class recommended for new players to partake in, because even while they have that shield, they don't have the shooting/movement experience, the base layout knowledge, nor Cert investment, to be a good Heavy.

All that said, if you aren't playing your class right, that is your problem. However, as usual, instead of adapting and becoming better, playing each class to it's intended strengths and weakness; also recognizing your own strengths and weakness as a player, such as bad aim, bad target acquisition, lack of situational awareness, etc; the common gamer trait is asking for things to be made easier without any inputted effort to learn.
    • Up x 5
  19. Sulsa

Well for starters, they need to take away the HA ability to Heal/Res and also repairing vehicles. That turning invisible thing needs to go too.
    • Up x 1
  20. z1967

My issue with HA is that it is much easier to be better in infantry combat as a HA compared to a LA (the two Assault classes). The advantage of being striaght up better at crowd control and indoor infantry combat (90% of meaningful infantry gameplay in my experience) is waaaay too big an advantage. There are other issues, such as the strength of the shield and the versatility of the class, are secondary issues.

HA is seems to me like someone wanted to have 7 classes, but could only have 6 classes in the end so combined the AV class and the LMG crowd control class together to get, well, the HA we all know and love today. Its kinda a disaster of balance, which is why (no surprise) everyone loves the class.

Not to say other classes have it harder, but HA does the main thing you do in the game much better than the other 4 classes.
    • Up x 1