[Video] Upcoming Content ⇨ Secondary Vehicle Weapon Changes, Koltyr + Miscellaneous Changes!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by blackkyguy123, Jan 25, 2015.

1. blackkyguy123

A short video compiling some of the recent changes on the Planetside 2 test server. Finally, the PPA will be good again.

• Up x 2
  2. AlterEgo

Meh. PPA is still far too inaccurate for a VS WEAPON, THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BASK IN RENOWN ACCURACY AS STATED BY THE WIKI, but it's better than nothing. I just want more accuracy; infinite ammo can wait.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thardus

That drifter nerf seems a little odd. They're already awesome, if the actually provided altitude, they'd be flat out better than regular Jump Jets.
  4. Disconsented

Its accurate if you don't spam
    • Up x 1
  5. AlterEgo

Really?
    Then why is it that the Marauder can spam? With MORE fire rate, MORE velocity, and HIGHER accuracy? Does that justify anything? No. VS is supposed to be the precision faction, not some Terran grenade launcher.
  6. Pikachu

S
    Speed and accuracy is same as normal. Only ROF durikg bursr is highwr. Berwwen the vursta iits slower.
  7. AlterEgo

Holy God, man...
    Are you using a phone?
    Also, accuracy is still far too small at longer firing times, whilst the Marauder maintains accuracy. Why is it that the PPA can not do the same, or even have almost as much accuracy?
  8. \m/SLAYER\m/

unlimited ammo for AI :eek::eek::eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. bl33ping

would you like drop and limited range on the ppa?
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

I should mention that Koltyr is still not using it's own skyfile, it's using that of Nexus. Getting the real skyfile to work can happen with the skybug.

Current Koltyr with Nexus skyfile
    [IMG]

Koltyr with it's own skyfile.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  11. battlegoose

:O that Nexus sky file....soooooo pretty.....

So the Marauder has been changed from annoying back to insta-kill? Yeah I don't EVER see how that can be abused. /s
  12. Cowabunga

The unlimited ammo on the PPA is abit iffy, imho.
  13. Boosted

I thought any changes to enhance visual is considered cheating and possible ban?
  14. Foxirus

You know they are never going to allow people to change the sky. Because the sky actually DOES have an effect on how well you can see, It would give people an unfair advantage. I want to see the game how the developers intended me to see it, Not have it where I see one thing, But other people can see something entirely different.
  15. Foxirus

I don't think he realizes that it can be used in a way to gain an advantage over others, Because the sky DOES control how far and clear you can see on continents.
  16. Rovertoo

Marauder has drop.
  17. moriarrr-ceres

you can compensate drop on a weapon, but you can't compensate bloom,COF, and damage dropoff.
    Actuals PPA stats show 50 damage at 40m.......amazing to have nodrop on a shotgun......
    Pts marauder is more accurate, have more range, more rate of fire, can insta kill infantry (everyone like ohk you know).
    Something is wrong if devs can't figure that. I maybe used it 15 sec to see how to abuse of it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Rovertoo

Have your pick:

Heavy weapon drop, which requires experience and skill to use effectively at range (arguably not much skill or experience) at the benefit of accuracy and rate of fire

Poor sustained fire CoF (but still usable at ranges beyond the Marauder if you don't have a lead trigger finger), low Magazine size, at the benefit of infinite ammo and no drop.

Not saying one weapon is OP or UP (in fact, I believe the Marauder will become a bit OP with these changes) but the point is that each weapon is different with perks and downsides each.
  19. Reclaimer77

VS are clearly getting shafted here. Not sure what the advantage of unlimited ammo is if your TTK is three times higher than everyone else, and the reload or cooldown is freaking six seconds.
    • Up x 1
  20. AlterEgo

For better accuracy, damage, and fire rate, of course.