So Where's That Raven Nerf SOE?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by NoctD, Dec 12, 2014.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

It's doing better than the PPA is now at AI so it might as well be.
  2. ElastaPlast

Just shows how badly the PPA was nerfed. Three direct hits to kill infantry with Saron is hardly effective, considering the delay between shots to allow the bloom to reset. :(
  3. LegioX

You cannot guide raven rockets from 2 bases away. That is utter BS. I have been playing with ravens a lot lately. They barely hit tanks from 1 base away, after that your out of range. Stop talking out your a$$
  4. MrNature72

Yeah. Raven's are an en-masse weapon. See, while they aren't as effective as Pounders at close range or a locked down dual Fracture, they are easily the deadliest weapon when it comes to bringing a zerg to a halt.

Why?

Because there can be literally hundreds of missiles airborne, all being directed towards a target. And if one target is destroyed, they can be readjusted to fly them into another. While one or two of these missiles wont kill you, when you have a squad of dual-raven equipped Maxes letting loose, it's easily the most deadly AV at range in the game. Combine that with Phoenix, and it describes what the NC is capable of: Ranged devastation.

You can't assault the TR, because they'll grind you at close range.

You can't dodge the VS, because of their hitscan Lancer and whatever-the-h*ll their max-lancer is.

But you can't hide from the NC.
    Ever.
  5. LibertyPunch

The Ravens demise has been greatly exaggerated. As has its capabilities.
    ONE: Aiming behind cover: No! Hahahahaha. HA HA. I challenge you to try and aim a Raven BEHIND a wall or a hill and claim its easy. The Raven follows the crosshairs, yes? Well, that requires some level of depth perception and well.. vision.. Not to mention that the turning curve is pretty wide, it's not like it just changes trajectory on the spot to turn 90 degrees and slap into a lightning.
    TWO: It's damage output is fairly average. The ONLY advantage is in conjunction with its range but that doesn't make it ALL EMPOWERING. It still takes a fair amount of hits. NOW- Let me explain the confusion here. The raven is the ONLY AV option the NC Max has, outsite of its stock launcher. (Which isn't the greatest to say the least). Now, You have Crappy launcher or Decent launcher? Which would be the more populous? YOU GUESSED IT YOU SON OF A GUN, YOU! Popularity and how much it's used DOES NOT MAKE IT OP. A group of Maxes wielding Ravens and a Sundy gets annihilated. WELL AYUUH STUPID, THERE'S A BLOODY LOT OF THEM. Sometimes I wonder what goes through peoples heads.. Aside from Raven shots
  6. The Red One

nerf the raven even more and hammerboss will rage even more
  7. iller

All this does is make them a little less annoying. At over 300m, they were not anything close to Efficient to begin with.
    I think the real victim in this range nerf if the Mana AV turret which has a very slow firing rate and sub-par DPS overall.

If there's an issue with Ravens, it's their versatility against close range targets. It's nothing amazing like Falcons have...
    But it's just enough that it's difficult for 2 average infantry players working together to rush a Raven MAX in CQC and win.
  8. LuminousBlades

Dude, the difference in top speeds is 10 kph. You know how big a 10 kph difference is? It is basically having someone jog slowly away from you. Also, vanguards ap rounds have a velocity that surpass every other MBTs tank gun velocity. This velocity means you don't need to adjust for distance as much as prowler and magrider drivers. If you seriously cannot shoot a prowler or magrider moving slowly away from you, you have problems. That shield is a big advantage due to the fact that it allows a vanguard to put in 1-2 rounds without taking damage. I don't know about you man but one to two rounds seems like something that would turn the tides of the battle in your favor. Also, I am pretty sure that the shield can take more than one AP round.

Have you seen ravens in action? NC players can literally make their shots nearly 70% of the time due to the fact that they can guide their rockets. People who use fractures, comets, and vortexes literally face the unfortunately reality that most of their shots miss. They cannot guide their projectiles into targets. If they miss, they miss. Ravens, on the other hand, can just adjust for enemy movement. If they are off target, the player can put the missiles back on course. It is not easy using a lancer or vortex. If the target even moves a little bit, you can easily miss. It is the same for fractures.

On a personal note, dial back on the antagonism. If you want to throw a temper tantrum, do it in the privacy of your own home. Not on a public forum for everyone to see. I seriously don't believe that you are the kind of person that goes out in public and calls people stupid just because you disagree with them. Even online, you are still among people. If you antagonize people, all you do is lose credibility. Also, I expect an apology because I am a living human being that has done nothing to you.
  9. Chazt

God forbid the NC have something nice on their max. Sorry I forgot all our faction is allowed to have is shotguns so we can be the punching bag for other factions. The only thing we have going for us is defense, and that defense requires aa lot of organization to get the job done, a fully certed sundy can take 20+ raven rockets to destroy, so we are forced to cluster our guys in large groups in order to try to stop a zerg. Meanwhile the vanu can do the same thing on their heavy assault with the sniper launcher. You know what works really well on a huge cluster on giant robot people? Air, or a tank shell, or rockets, or snipers, or enough infantry to close the gap. If you decide to let the AV cluster get into a position on a hill then maybe you need to think of a way to take them out other than driving vehicles straight towards it.

Ravens on their own are not very effective, if 20+ maxes unite to try to stop a zerg then good on them for teamwork.
  10. Afeltman

Depends on your server, no one is that bad on Briggs no matter the faction.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cinnamon

Ravens are probably one of the worst weapons in the game when you consider how easy they are to use compared to their effectiveness. Fractures were worse at release and vortex are also pretty bad but fortunately they are still not quite op enough for VS to abuse them too much. And when vortex was released they were overshadowed by comets but comets at that point were just crazy.

Overall ravens and av mana are worse for the game than lockons ever were.

Across the board the amount of damage that max av weapons can pump out is crazy. More than MBT main cannons I think last time I checked.
    • Up x 1
  12. qiray12

Ravens are fine in certain conditions, yes on paper they are balanced compared to fractures and comets but in the field they are much more effective since fractures have bullet drop and just go straight in a line so thats harder to hit ground vehicles while comets just go straight. With ravens you can just shoot and even guide moving targets.

Yes they are superior but the thing is people are whining about it cus they have great accuracy at longer ranges even outside max renders, just give the ravens a trail so you know where they are coming from and increase the render of maxes so we know whats shooting at us.

And for the vulcans, the vulcan is a piece of **** compared to the current enforcer (compared to saron its meh) if you just get shot in the back by a vulcan harasser its mostly your fault by not having any situational awareness, yes its strong if used proparly wich is like up to 50m max (this means that its quitte useless on a anchored prowler or just a prowler in general).
  13. Brad seven

this is the most viewed thread on the page, and yet still no acknowledgment from soe