[Vehicle] Real tankers step up. Just say NO to c4-nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by repairtool6, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Dinapuff

You seem to overly exaggerate the number of enemies those AP tanks would be facing while reducing the amount of help they get to prove some point or other.

The point here is that AP tanks with proper support, air vying for dominance, repair sunderers and a batch of infantry will be better against the zerg.
  2. Reclaimer77

You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm in a respected and highly ranked outfit. Just because we don't pull "armor squads" all day like you, and actually win bases and alerts, doesn't make my experience less valid than yours.

Ignorant about vehicle parts? LOL ok. Name something I'm "ignorant" about please.

I think tank's are well balanced right now, and I'm not alone in that opinion. Especially given how cheap and spammable they are.

You think my opinion is less valid because it conflicts with yours. That's it, and that's all. Don't make this bigger than it is.
  3. volth

Tanks should be strong and you should not be able to take it out alone this is a multiplayer game.
    But Shieldsundys need a nerf because they are really strong now. Sometimes a whole squad of esf's cant take out a sundy that engineers repair. 3 Tank mines below the sundy should be able to destroy the sundy even if it have a shield because its alot of dmg in a few seconds and that sundy can still tank the dmg. Shield sundys is stronger then tank's is and then tanks have more armor.
  4. Zica96

NO F*CKING WAY!
    Good enough?
    • Up x 1
  5. MasterDemoman

"Overextending" AKA trying to do urban combat in a tank, it's not like there are tanks and armored vehicles loaded out for urban combat in real life, right? Right?!
    Just saying.

Unless there's a composite armor cert for tanks, then yes to this update.
    And I don't even tank that often anymore.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dinapuff

"actually win bases and alerts"

Seems awfully ignorant about the other parts of your faction participating in the alerts and contributing to the fight to me.

Alerts will be won or lost whether you participate in them or not. Do not presume to be my "better" just because you have chosen to discard the vehicle aspects of planetside 2.
    • Up x 3
  7. Mxiter

Directional C4 damages? Nevermind.

Have anyone already planted 2 C4 on magrider rear ever? With a non AFK or 2nd seat(old PPA/Saron/Halberd) pilot i mean.

It's already a miracle if you manage to plant a single brick on it (even as LA).

2 C4 briks should punish bad vehicles pilots awareness; it's not like if they couldnt instakill infantry from long range at high rate.
    • Up x 1
  8. z1967

That's probably why reducing damage to 50% of a MBT's health per brick is the most popular option. Solves the majority of tanker concerns regarding C4, while not actually crippling C4 in an AV role.

I see the purely infantry players being the ones completely against any C4 nerfs and purely tank players being for the nerf. People who play both seem to be more likely to opt for the moderate option that actually fixes the problems with C4. Or those who are aware of the issues facing Tanks and/or C4 despite not actually using it.
  9. v3rt160

cant speak much for the mbt´s as i varely drive my banguard ones in a wile, i just cant do anything with it, on the otter side i do spend lots of my playing time on my lighting, have got several inf and vehicle kills with it and auraxiumed my heat, working out my ap now, have been c4´d many times, but all the times was my fault, they caught me out of guard farming an spawn or something like that most of the times, i think c4 is ok how it is, besides every time i get my lighting down, i can allready go, pull anotter one and keep rollyng anyway.
  10. Klypto

The C4 nerf they proposed seems over the top.
  11. Bixli

..i'm a dedicated vs lightning tanker & i say NO to c4 nerf & NO to armor buff.

& 2x NO to NC-Raven & engi AV-Turret range decrease , it's horrible.
  12. zaspacer

The number of enemies would be high: it is a vehicle zerg.

The amount of help they get would be mixed:
    1) if this is the Server Smash Game, vehicle zergs do not exist. So there is no threat to counter and nobody will spawn MBTs anyway.
    2) if this is the Standard Game, the only small groups are organized. So:
    (a) small groups means small number of units helping, OR
    (b) if it is the masses helping, they are disorganized and you'd only be getting lots of support if it were an ally zerg.

So, unless you're in an ally zerg, you're going to be in the scenario I covered. If you are in an allied zerg, then it's just which side has more numbers, which side has better Map advantage (yeah Lattice!), which side has more units setup, and which side is better able to disrupt the others momentum.

Air does not vie for dominance over enemy vehicle zergs. Yes, Air will often kill each other over enemy zergs in Air blitzkriegs, because Zergs are usually slow in the AA support for their allies overhead. But then that Air will leave or back off to the fringes of the battlefield. Because Air does not do well when it lingers over enemy vehicle zergs.

Now if the vehicle zerg spreads out, such that it makes small number of isolated units that are not supported by AA. Then yes, Air will eat that alive. But that is not longer a zerg.

(Most) Infantry will not have good AV. It's being nerfed. So unless they have good Map or base advantage, they are in trouble. Maybe if it's VS and they have teams of Lancers, but I expect SOE will close that loophole... after about ~6 months of VS domination if that becomes a factor. And yes, you can Gal drop organized Infantry over the zerg, but you could do that without AV Tank support. (plus you're better off just Gal Dropping the Infantry on the enemy Base behind the zerg, while the zerg is in transit, and taking their base while they are advancing on a base that is Cap locked)

Repair Sunderers will only matter if you have enough numbers of vehicles in your zerg or you can create some sort of blitzkrieg Sunderer group. But neither of those really requires smaller numbers of AP/AV Tanks. Though such AV Tanks could give them an edge.
  13. Bixli

...btw , soe ...can i get some instagib-1-hit-tank-knife plz ?

..customers wishes are the real profit ..you know.
  14. FateJH

I think we should just quit this thread. We're not really accomplishing anything here.
  15. Bixli

..not only here.
  16. crusaderx11

so 2 c4 still gets the job done? that's all i want. if it does take 3 they have to give light assaults a third brick cert-grade and maybe quicker brick chucking. i never realized it was 70% anyway, i usually lose to an AP prowler or magrider, vulcan harassers a lot of late though...
  17. crusaderx11

klypto and alarox both commented on this thread, the two of them are likely in the top ten tankers in the entire game. and both have said the nerf seems too extreme
  18. Killuminati C

I'm with you on this. A 50% of health dmg per brick seems an appropriate compromise.

I see C4 as a viable way to trim down a vehicle zerg by a very small margin with a high risk involved (before anyways, now it's pretty pointless). You'll more than likely die before accomplishing anything. I've hardly ever died to C4 in a tank, and if I did I never felt like I had anyone to blame but myself.

That said I do play more as infantry than as a tank but you don't play since launch without a fair amount of vehicle pulls. Also of note is I generally pull mine to counter other vehicles and my ratio of vehicle kills to total kills (across faction) is between 1:3 and 1:2 with the exception of air which I'm awful at.
  19. Afeltman

Glad I got my C4 auraxium, if this goes through I may just main medkits on LA....
  20. Leivve

here's how I look at it. A tank can easily solo me, If I'm clever/tanker dumb I can solo a tank.