[Vehicle] Real tankers step up. Just say NO to c4-nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by repairtool6, Jan 23, 2015.

1. repairtool6

First: im positive and exited by a lot of the general changes planned for tanks. Can't wait for it! This is good news.
    However - this talk about c-4 being nerfed against mbts is too much.

So REAL TANKERS it is time to make noise on this. We never asked for this. Dont give us this 'gift'. IT IS SIMPLY TOO EMBARASSING. So if you enjoy playing tanks and vehicles but DONT approve of the C-4 rework, then let us hear it.

This change can still be stopped! :)

(Also: Dont 'discuss' this issue. Dont 'bring arguments' or any such bs. This has been talked over 1000x times. Just say NO.)
    • Up x 39
  2. ColonelChingles

Yes.
    :p
    • Up x 5
  3. Ballto21

How i imagine C4 fairies attacking mbts will go down soon
    • Up x 8
  4. ArcticRunner

Are they honestly planning to have a C4 nerf? C4, mines, and MAXes are three of the few ways available to infantry to counter MBTs without overwhelming numbers (rockets) or friendly armor. If an enemy MBT is not cooperating with their infantry, they deserve to get C4ed, it should not be nerfed.
    • Up x 10
  5. Evilsooty

I am a dedicated Prowler driver of hundreds of hours and while I welcome the increased HP buff and the reduction in range of some of the infantry AV weapons I agree that nerfing C4 is going too far. I detest C4 fairies with a passion especially when I am in the middle of nowhere and one of them jumps from an ESF and drift jets down over my head, but in most cases they are your punishment for overextending and/or not paying attention.

With the introduction of Spitfires which any tanker staying in a location should deploy behind them there is no excuse for the nerf and it overly punishes players who are already taking a big risk by going head on with a tank.
    • Up x 19
  6. Leeloo

I am against nerfing C4 against tanks.

It makes the game much more exhillerating.
    • Up x 4
  7. Alarox

C4 should deal 50% damage to the total health of tanks.

Not the current 70%.

Not the proposed 34-49%,
    • Up x 32
  8. Alan Kalane

NO! LEAVE C4 ALONE!
    Nerfing C4 is like nerfing sniper rifles, they can OHK but at the same time they aren't very efficient unless your enemy is stupid enough to give you a perfect opportunity (stationary, tunnel vision, no nearby infantry, no Spitfire, no radar or no map awareness, no top gunner or a top gunner with tunnel vision). How far do you think you can go unpunished? A tank is not godmode.
    • Up x 7
  9. sindz

I just want my C4 certs refunded as the price is insanely high pr class and it will soon become borderline useless.
    • Up x 5
  10. KirthGersen

NO to tank HP buff.
    YES to little C4 nerf.
  11. Xasapis

I'm a firm believer that they should have gone the complete opposite way and buffed C4,so only one brick was needed. Then perhaps make mineguard an anti-explosives module.

The nerfed C4 implementation will have the same effect the changes in AV grenades had. Aka, make them an inferior or useless choice for the majority of situations.
    • Up x 2
  12. InoxGecko

Remove C4 from LA's...problem solved. No nerf to C4 or buff to tonk HP needed.
  13. braytz

why someone can istagib a 2/2 full health mbt?

if the tank is already damaged you can still gib it. i'm ok with c4 nerf and mbt health buff.
    • Up x 4
  14. Haquim

You know what, I think actually got a great idea.
    Since everybody cries that they can't kill tanks anymore if the tanks get more HP let's simply give all the AV weapons and C4 the same treatment as the AI tankguns instead. Since the AI guns lost something around 15% splashdamage and a third of their splashradius, which was the relevant AI stats, all the AV weapons lose a flat 33% of their direct damage, since splash doesnt matter. And C4 and mines which have splash that can damage tanks gets the exact same treatment.

Or, you know, forget about that low lethality nonsense and give the vehicles their splash back. Of course since Infantery was hurting neutered tanks with their fully functional AV weaponry for at least 3 months it's only fair if we at least nerf the infantery for such a timeframe before going back to normal.
    We're all fair players here after all, not whiny kids who cry for mommy to nerf the toys that are used against us while crying for daddy to defend our own toys.....
  15. braytz

16. FateJH

I'm not going to insinuate that they're the "superior choice for the majority of situation" because that's putting words into your mouth. Instead, I'm going to question what it competes against in the "majority of the situations" in which it is used, and why it is used rather than what it competes against.

In other concerns, why do we even have the deployment shield anymore, if one of the primary sources of burst-style damage is said to be losing its teeth? I'd wanted to think that SOE is going to fixing the resistance tables for these things but it seems like they've entirely forgotten some weapons have awkward modifiers that could have easily been adjusted. The only reason to adjust base damage is to reduce damage to Infantry.
  17. Jac70

I find C4 faeries a real PITA - it is the solution to all problems. Maxes, infantry, tanks, Sunderers = BOOM.

So what can be done? Remove 3rd person views from tanks so that pilots cannot just skip between what they can actually see and looking at their tank from 30 feet behind it. Make C4 more effective if placed - if you stick some C4 to a tank, especially it's rear armour then yeah you get a well deserved kill. This might go someway to reducing the tactic of just throwing bricks of C4 through doors or over walls and wiping out entire platoons.
  18. Pelojian

so basically double buff C4? give them more damage, claim a mitigation of that with mineguard which most will probably still never use because other slot options are still better? like stealth or prox radar?

You wanted a nerf to tank AI, now that you actually have to pay in kind you no longer wish to pay the price.

Stop treating PS2 like an infantry grindfest with vehicles as flavor and maybe you'll have more fun.

Devs saw that tanks are dying to much so decided to try out a health increase so they die less or die slower to powerful foes like liberator tankbuster+dalton, ESF's and C4.
    • Up x 3
  19. Xasapis

Actually the health increase is reserved for now. They, rightfully so, want to see what the impact of the updated AV weapons are, before adjusting health values.
    • Up x 2
  20. Dinapuff

The real tankers are getting shouted down for endorsing the tank health buff by infantryside players that seem to have PTSD syndrome about tanks farming them at the spawn room.

People with 100 hours ++ played in tanks doing primarily AP runs are saying this may improve the game for them. Not because C4 stops oneshotting them, but because tanks need some relevance in order to warrant use by proper players - not the zerglings you see on live.

Random Joe Light assault not being able to c4 a tank to death does not matter against these players anyhow. So I don't really see the issue here. In all likelyhood C4 may get buffed back into relevance in the future, but the buffs to tank and the nerfs to AV range is not about c4. It's about tank viability against AV nesting, MAXes and other tanks.
    • Up x 8