Commissioner vs. Underboss

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by krokolop, Jan 18, 2015.

1. krokolop

Do you also think that Commissioner is worse than Underboss?
  2. Xind

I think it's better as a Stalker Infiltrators Primary weapon, but worse as a standard issue emergency sidearm.
  3. zombielores

As a primary sidearm the commissioner is better.
    As an actual sidearm the Underboss is better.
    • Up x 2
  4. FnkyTwn

This is an eternal question. Most favor one over the other (which is heavily biased based on which they actually own). I've used the Commissioner since it came out, but I just got the Underboss over the holidays, and I'm excited to use it. I like that it's quicker firing, with close to the same damage. I however also bought the Spiker, so I simply have too many pistol options right now.

They're both great guns. Try them in VR to figure out what suits your playstyle the most.
    • Up x 1
  5. Krayus_Korianis

I personally like using the Commissioner (the big boy) as a primary sidearm for stalker infiltrator. However, I use the Underboss for everyone else. I even got a 2x reflex sight for both so I can snipe with the commissioner.

Funny story, I once sniped someone with the commissioner during a base raid with the iron sights... I sent them a tell telling them what happened o_O I was flabbergasted that it actually connected to their skull.
  6. _itg

Depends on what you use your pistol for. The Commissioner is better if you want to kill at medium range or if you're attacking damaged targets (e.g. because your primary ran out of ammo). The Underboss is better if you're trying to kill full health targets at close range.
    • Up x 1
  7. Erendil

I own both of them and the two are very close. However, the Commissioner has a few things going for it that IMO puts it over the top:
    • Higher Alpha damage, meaning you're more likely to OHK if your opponent is at all damaged and you land a headshot. This also means there will be times when the Commissioner will kill in 2 body shots, where the UnderBoss would've taken 3 - or kill in 1 shot where the UnderBoss would need 2. In those cases the Commissioner will actually kill faster.
    • Speaking of which, it OHK's infils on a headshot at close range. Great for those moments you get jumped by a stabby infil. :D
    • With the UnderBoss you need all 6 shots to kill a HA w/ Nano 5 and a full NMG/Adren shield, so if you miss even one shot you're screwed w/o headshots. The Commissioner can kill 'em with one less bullet.
    Because of the above I switched to the Commissioner and never looked back.
    • Up x 1
  8. BetterFasterStronger

Otherway arround for me.
  9. Joexer

Dude its really simple: Commisioner for mid range or a finisher, pairs great with shotguns or smgs.
    Underboss for spammier,slightly less accurate close range punch. Pairs great with long-range oriented primaries ex:LMG or AR.
  10. HappyStuffin

Commissioner - for it's it's longer range accuracy and damage.

I choose it because I enjoy the challenge of a slow firing hard hitting pistol. The bassy sound is satisfying. It announces to all in your base that you just off'ed someone and that you did it with a pistol without spamming.

It exudes confidence, power, and domination.

The Commissioner.
  11. z1967

Commissioner is good for me for 3 reasons:
    -Works well with the Commissar, no further explanation required.
    -The high Alpha damage makes it great for finishers.
    -It is also has very consistent damage out at range, which is pretty great.

Underboss is great for 2 reasons:
    -Faster headshot and body shot TTK
    -Spammier than the Commissioner

Pick either, be satisfied either way. I just like the Commissioner a tiny bit more.
  12. Iridar51

Underboss is hardcountered by nanoweave, requiring 4 shots out of 6 you have to connect.

I don't think spammability is what you need from a revolver, and if you're gonna aim each shot anyway, might as well use a higher damage weapon.

Commissioner is almost a second primary, Underboss is just a pistol with a lot of damage per shot.

Erendil said everything else I was going to.
  13. Konstantinn

Underboss is the less effective, hyperactive, shorter, and overall lamer little brother of the Commissioner.
  14. Bhudda V1

the underboss is really a better pistol in my mind while the commissioner is better when you have the drop on someone and the like the underboss is better for effectively ever other situation IMHO.

edit: also the underboss sounds better the sound for the commish sounds off to me very off for some reason.
  15. Prudentia

when you headshot an infil with thr commie with the recursion Space Marine voice pack from Rhino you get a a friendly "PURGE THE XENO INFILTRATORS"
    10/10 would pray to machine spirit again!
  16. MallowChunkage

Really depends on the class I'm playing, SMG/shotgun/carbine, probably underboss, more suitable for the panic situations I'll find myself in, fast fire helps as a finisher. If I'm support LMG, sniper or support assault rifle, it's the commish all the way, just because the range at which I may need a pistol will probably be longer.

Let's be honest though, we're using these weapons because of the awesome reload animation and the Audio.
  17. MikeyGeeMan

Commish is for large epeens

The underboss is for those of slightly less girth.
  18. HappyStuffin

I'll have you know the girth of my epeen is plenty large! o_O
  19. taxidriver

On my VS-character (female) i use the underboss, on my NC (male) the commissioner. I like both.
    In hectic CQC situations the underboss seems to be slightly better due to the RoF.
  20. Rivotril

Is it me or the commissioner aim is worst? even if the enemy and I are still, the first 2-3 shots go anywhere but center.