the one in the chamber?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by qquqq, Jan 18, 2015.

1. qquqq

If you load a weapon with 30 rounds
    fire off 15 bullets
    reload 30 more rounds
    isn't it 31 including the cambered round? and 14 in the ejected clip/mag

I know this is a subtle difference and you could say the mag had 29 in it but you don't start out with 29 rounds. and on a long reload you still have 30 rounds, but this is another advantage to a short reload that is overlooked,

(side note) why are you not punished for reloading after 2 shots with a clip that has 27 rounds left in it later on?
    I mean its not like you have time to compact mags, which would be pretty cool if it were a mechanic,
  2. Stromberg

because this is just a computer game not real life
  3. Goldmonk

You're over thinking it. Just play the game.
  4. Xind

It would penalize small magazine weapons too much. They already can have a hard time killing a target outside of optimum range and being forced to lose ammo to be able to kill a target is unnecessary. Also, it would make VS directive weapons really ridiculous.
  5. qquqq

oh Im not saying it makes sense right now, but It would be fun. this game is made to feel like a real battle, I just thought it would be cool say finding some where to hold down the reload button for 5 seconds to compile clips,

and ty for an actual comment Xind
  6. Hatesphere

I always just assumed the crazy future tech we use to construct tanks out of thin air could handle a little mag consolidation in the background. but I would still love the random one in the chamber mechanic, even if its odd for VS energy weapons.
  7. FateJH

Magazines do not hold "bullets" but only the "counters for bullets." You see this counter as numbers at the bottom of your screen. An infinite number of the bullets are already loaded into the weapon, soldiers just need to replace magazines because they can't reset the counters themselves.

If what I've typed makes absolutely no sense, then you're correct. The game is just crazy.

I want to jam an Ammo Pack into the magazine feed and fire with wild abandon.
  8. ColonelChingles

Well...

VS plasma rounds probably aren't "loaded" into a chamber like other cartridges, no?

NC Gauss/rail weapons may also be loaded differently. For example, the limiting factor for their weapons may not be projectiles, but the energy to charge their magnetic rails. This energy, like the VS weapons, would not be affected by having "one in the chamber".

Only the TR, who use traditional gunpowder-based weaponry, might be affected by having a round in the chamber.

I don't blame you for not picking up on the plasma/Gauss issues, because PS2 does a pretty poor job of making it feel like you're shooting a Gauss weapon or a plasma cannon.