Passive certs to subscribers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GothicNightmares, Jan 16, 2015.

1. GothicNightmares

I want to start by explaining how the passive certs work for 6month+ subscribers. When you log in to the character you get the max certs for the day. By logging in again or staying logged in you get a passive supply of certs based on a time value (not to mention the bonus you make from just playing the game). My problem is that while playing and logged into that 1 character my passive certs are not being obtained by other characters on my roster for my account. I know that this is a very small and easy log out and log in to every character fix. I feel that this is 2015 however.. and small tedious tasks like this should of been omitted and revised into something a little more luxurious to the subscribing players for their passive certs.. I MEAN .. after all I'm paying for this extra feature right?

I would feel it seems only fair if you are logged in and actively playing the game that the rest of your characters are gaining all the passive certs they should be gaining.. Why do i need to log in to their account every few hours to pick up the few certs they get? To further point out how this system sucks.. If you fail to log in at all .. then the certs you COULD be making get put into the "over burdened with passive certs that the user has not yet cleaned up" pile. So what this means is that you could have 48 certs waiting to be claimed on your account but if you do not log into that character the passive certs he COULD be making on-top of the claimed 48 will just go away all together.. they do not stack... 48 i believe is the max.

Does anyone else see this as being dumb? I mean yes... I can sit here all day playing for 1-2 hours take a break log in to all my characters then log back into my main character i was playing and repeat this process... BUT WHY!? like... why cant they just grant me those certs?
  2. Krayus_Korianis

Give the people who don't have a subscription back their 12 certs per day. For which they stated was NORMAL and that Non-Subscribers were supposed to have!

Then I could see you getting what you wanted.
    • Up x 1
  3. GothicNightmares

kill 10 guys and get your 12 certs a day non-subscriber
  4. JonboyX

Old threads about this...

Yes it is ridiculous. It's almost as though your character data is on a completely different server system from your account details, and the two don't talk until you log in that specific character. o_O

I wouldn't mind, but a 24 hour cert cap? So: you're required to log in on every alt every day to collect the certs... are the developers hoping you're now going to play every one of those characters in that session? Hmmm.... flawed thinking. Personally; I just think the system design means they can't cross-award certs from a central log in, and could never be bothered to code around it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Keldred

Are those certs really so important? Im a non-sub and i am running out of things to cert. seems like a few certs here and there dont really matter.
  6. Onhil

I don't really care about having to go into each of my six characters just to get my 48 certs everyday it's not like I have something more productive to do, but I can see were you are coming from it takes 2 - 6 min just to trough the whole process
  7. Xind

They could bring it back in a limited degree for non-subscribers by letting the first character you log in with collect up to 24 certs.

And maybe make it cut off at BR20. So it's useful for new players and/or getting alts some starting certs.

As it is, I've had the free certs and the lack of them and it's not a big deal either way. But I could see them helping new players start out quite a lot. Getting your first 1k was a real struggle when I started fresh for the first time.
    • Up x 1
  8. BlueSkies

Its funny because on the TAB screen under active benefits still lists passive cert gain as a +% of normal... 100 and whatever % of 0 is 0
    • Up x 1
  9. GothicNightmares

That is the thing... it is easy to do.. log in to every character and grab the certs... but why do I have to? How have they not found a way to just APPLY the daily certs to your characters? I mean either way I am going to get them right? Its just a waste of time.
  10. GothicNightmares

They are when you are obama certing a newbie character who has no med pack no nano weave no iron sight... etc etc...
  11. Xind

That's a dark way to start a new character. Crosshairs now cost $2.55, Ironsights not available until BR15.
    • Up x 2
  12. FnkyTwn

Agreed that the Cert system for Members currently seems rigged against paying members. Just like "claiming" the "free" 500SCs that you get a month. Why does it have to be claimed? Because if it's not claimed then it literally goes away and you don't have the option of getting it back. It's a sad system that only seems designed to take advantage of paying members.

I also agree that non-members should get a free 12-certs a day (at least) like it used to be. It's silly to take such a paltry sum of certs away from people in an effort to encourage them to become paying members.. where you plan on taking even more advantage of them. If anything, giving non-members free daily certs would get them logging in more.

I don't think SOE has any sort of technical issue in putting certs directly into your bank, as much as they do it for stats purposes, they can show that "X number of people logged in today", because it seems like they treat each character as an individual, rather than the overall account. I'm sure their logic is that some people share a computer, so they should be able to count characters as individuals.
    • Up x 1
  13. ronjahn

A simple "claim passive certs" button next to your character on the Log in screen would make the process a lot less cumbersome.
  14. GothicNightmares

Holy ****... why not this? it gives the certs to all characters on your account. Would be better than what we have now.. even though i still dont understand why they cannot just "grant" them to you.
  15. DxAdder

Why we have to login to get passive certs before they cap at 48 is beyond me.

They really need to fix this.
  16. Thornefear

I would complain but, as a past subscriber I don't see it as such a big deal.

I am however refusing to support Sony because of lack of general communication ( and other reasons)except on social media sites I refuse to use. The whole beauty of game forums and update forums is that you can stay on top o things without having to dick around with social media.
  17. Jalek

I remember reasons being given once for this, I think it was primarily that they didn't want certs accumulating, as in not logging in for six months, then having a lot of certs waiting with no effort. Logging in apparently is effort enough, it at least pads their daily login stats, which I believe is the true reason.
  18. patoman

I agree, its not like it takes away from the game anyway, its fun to play. You don't need to force people to play it, have them do it when they want on a weekend if they got a busy week. Also its not al the certs a person gets, just the passive certs. So if people like being active they can get allot more.

I would liken it to eve, where you accumulate skill points over time, its one less thing to manage.

Also on the same vain, maybe even more important, why should I have to click the get money thing each month for being a subscriber, I paid for it so I should get it anyway, it implies that if for some reason I forget it I miss out on something.

For all the faults that a game like dust have, they got it down when it came to microtransactions and subs, they had a boaster that gave double passive exp (equivalent premium membership) I don't get why this game can't have it, its not like its impoosiable. if a better more desireable model exists emulate it.
  19. patoman

Also I might they already have dalie login bonuses for actualy playing it called dalie medels you get for doing stuff.

So say for example my main, I login dalie to play to get those (because I switched from TR to vanu) I don't get why I should have to login to my second profile each day just to stare at the VR training to not miss out on certs.
  20. Cz4rMike

I'm not a subscriber and I get enough certs from playing... BUT I also don't get why one has to log into every each character to get passive certs...