C4 - Really?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Whale, Jan 11, 2015.

1. LIKE A BOSS!

I can keep searching for more changes if you like? I can go find the change where it was a bullet brick and I can go find the one where it had the blast of a pre-nerf HEAT shell. Reading your post made me laugh. It actually did.
    • Up x 2
  2. Jachim

Thank you for following my reply with confirmation it hasn't been nerfed :)
    • Up x 1
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

You're pretty funny or lack reading comprehension. Because you said it hasn't been touched. Which means no nerf or buff. I'll go find a nerf than.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

Maybe you do, but a lot don't.

And you don't remotely need to do so in many cases (door camping with it, spawn camping with it), on a vehicle you'll have more % success doing it that way, but even then it is much easier to get close to a tank as a LA than as any other C4 using class.

So that's the difference, if you don't understand it now, then there's no much I can do for you.
  5. MahouFairy

Killing infantry with C4? Hahaha what a waste of resources. To quote, "Killed by C4 when you are infantry? Laugh it off while your necromancer revives you."

If you haven't learnt how not to die to C4 while in a tank, then I guess I can say the same to you.
  6. Movoza

Well you don't pay much attention to your own thread then. It has already been mentioned that it got several nerfs. It used to do a certain volumetric damage that damaged to all sides. This meant that placing a C4 on an exterior with not a lot of sides (aircraft tails, top barrels of tanks, etc.) It would damage ok. If you placed it somewhere with a lot of stuff to surround the C4, like under a wing close to the dorsal structure of an aircraft, the damage was incredible. OHK on libs even. This was changed, but damage was still considerable. I think it was still 2 to blow up a lib. Later changed to 3 and now 3 c4 won't set it burning.
    meanwhile the C4 is plagued by problems. Fast moving targets, even if you put C4 on a target, will not register damage. The explosion that is generated on the attackers pc is positioned behind the targets computer, as it moved during the latency, thus avoiding damage.
    Further indirect nerfs are the new engi turret and the motion spotter. They reduce the chances, that are already slim, to put a C4 on a target.
    targets are C4ed if you get too close to infantry hazards or let yourself be outflanked by slow weak infantry. Getting too close is a rookie mistake, and if a slow moving infantry that has avoided death and often detection to reach you can use another 4~ seconds to blow you up, then it's you that is the problem. I mean you can move faster backwards than an infantry, making a C4 impossible! How can you get C4ed other than a blatant lack of situational awareness and an overestimation of your invulnerability from these slow moving and highly vulnerable attackers.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

And yet is it done all the time.

Personally I've only ever been killed once (I think, maybe twice) in a Tank by C4 (I'm pretty decent at hitting flying LAs and I generally run proximity radar), when a LA dropped from a flight ceiling galaxy and dropped C4 onto me and killed me before he or the C4 even rendered! :eek: (I never go anywhere near directly under Gals now!)

As always I don't base my balance judgements on what kills me (or doesn't kill me), but rather the stats and the reality of gameplay.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hosp

Look at all the reasons C4 is OP (this thread and others).

How many of those reasons are based on a lack of awareness?

Be you tank or infantry. How do you not predict X will happen in Y situation.
    If I'm a tank (X) I know to stay away from/approach differently (Ys) Highground with enemy presence ; Tight paths with enemy presence ; Prolonged stationary firing from a 'safe' distance of enemy presence.

If I'm infantry (X) I know to stay away from/approach differently (Ys) Doors ; Hot Sundy Spawn ; Narrow/congested pathways.

There are plenty of other situations, but the skill lies in taking those into account. Those that can, thrive; those that can't call C4 OP.
    • Up x 3
  9. Kumaro

C4 op?
    Reason.
    Cause almost every darn class has access to it. And for some reason people seem to think that a mere C4 ever could hurt proper armour like on a tank.

Not that the C4 is the general issue on that. The problem is general balance thanks to someone's oh so great idea to have easy access to everything in game. <.< Throwing away well tested systems that pretty much every team based game that plays out on a battlefield uses. and Adding your own warped version? Now that is the problem.

If we had proper classes.
    1 Assault - Access to all weapons except, LMG, Sniper or Rocket launcher - shield boost
    2 Medic - Assault rifles, revive - sprint boost
    3 Support - LMG, ammo - higher bullet protection - Dakka dakka
    4 Engineer - Carbine, deployable's - more equipment and repair abilities
    5 Infiltrator - Sniper rifles, Intel deployable's, stealth - higher average sprint speed
    6 Heavy Assault - Carbine, Rocket launcher extra/varied grenades - Higher flack resist. Shield lock
    [MAX] - infantry sized mobile weapons platform....sort of.
    [Jetpack should be something you can unlock for certain classes or chose as to allow a group of players to adapt to the battlefield not something locked to one class.Similar to how in BF 2142 you could switch between light or heavy armour which affected sprint/stamina]

They could also balance the weapons more based on the classes. With certain speciality weapons spread over several classes.
    like DMR's and also appropriate classes could receive appropriate explosives. Such as C4, Satchel charges, Claymores and perhaps something extra with an even bigger boom.

And based on that we could all of a sudden also balance/design the vehicles based on that!
    And so perhaps C4 would not be such an big issue anymore because then it could be properly balanced....But that's just me

So yeah C4 isn't really OP or unbalanced it's just that the entire system is very difficult to balance and as such really isn't. And i suspect was also rushed before proper testing.

..uh i think i got C4 into the rant somewhere. . .
  10. MahouFairy

So you don't like C4 killing infantry? Then can we nerf grenades as well? Because you can throw it further and you an bounce it around objects before exploding.

You also mentioned that people use C4 to farm spawn rooms. I can't imagine anyone would be so silly to do that. Because you would get into range of their fire and the pain fields. Plus, the defenders can "spot" your C4 and destroy it from the safety of their rooms. Using a dumb fire rocket is much more safer, cheaper and more effective. Can we say nerf rocket damage against infantry as well?
    • Up x 1
  11. Jachim

Yaaaawwwwwn we've heard your excuses blaming the victims for ineptitude rather than the potency of C4 being too high far too many times to care anymore.

You know for a fact that's now how most C4 attacks occur. :rolleyes:
  12. Movoza

Then regale me how they occur. So far the arguments I hear are "it is too powerful" and "it is too easy". Oh wait. That doesn't explain a thing. Those are just statements. My experience as both a tanker and trying to C4 people is this. People who make big mistakes are getting a C4. People who do look for a possible C4 path for an LA and make a note of it will practically never get a C4.
    • Up x 1
  13. Goretzu

Again no, C4 itself is fine against infantry and MAXs.
    The difference is it is much, much easier (and safer) for a LA to drop C4 vs infantry and MAXs than it is any other class (with C4).
    In the context of nerfing grenades the example would likely be AV grenades (which were eventually nerfed), although to be honest I'm not so sure about that for C4, again I'd say it should have to be placed not dropped, which retains some the LA/C4 advantage just not all of it.

There's a lot of places you can get above a spawn exit and drop it from pretty much 100% safety, which people do, a lot.

Also rocket damage against infantry has been seriously nerfed, at least twice now since Live. :confused: (although again I'm far from sure nerfing C4 in an absolute sense is the way forward or remotely sensible).
  14. MahouFairy

You can spawn farm with C4 in every territory in every continent? I didn't say it was impossible to do this. I just said there is a more effective and cheaper way to do things without being so over dramatic. For example, there was an AV MAX nest that was perched on a mountain top pounding my tank column, so I did a kamikaze Galaxy crash on them. Effective? Yes, but not exactly cheap.
    • Up x 1
  15. siiix

nope i dont think C4 is a problem what so ever // yes it is a one hit kill .. but that is ok
  16. Liewec123

^this, it is ridiculous that you can practically hurl C4 across the room
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Bearlover

nerf guns too.

-If you are infantry and didn't look up at the c4 fairy, your fault, you didn't look up to shoot him.
    -If you see c4 thrown at you and stared at it, your fault because you did not run away, after being placed the player needs 2-3 seconds to press the detonator, enough time for you to move away.
    -If you brought a tank inside a building with no infantry support and you died from c4, your fault, why would you bring a tank inside a building in an urban combat situation without infantry support, you think you are God mode?
    -If you are in an MBT on an open field farming away at infantry, and you died from c4, your fault because your gunner did not see him nor did you.
    -If you stand by the doorway during point defense, expect to die from c4 and teammates telling you to stay away from the door, but you die anyway from c4, your fault, because ...you.

nerf everything, destroy the game plox. Forgot critical thinking, forget combat maneuvers, forget giving yourself a challenge. just nerf nao
    • Up x 3
  18. Goretzu

Being able to farm with one weapon has absolutely nothing at all to do with the balance of another. :confused:

I'm not even sure I see you're objections give that you say:

1) you always place C4 anyway.
    &
    2) you never (ever) use it against infantry and MAXs.

So what IS your objection exactly given the above?
  19. Kirppu1

Yeah SOE should definetly give him immunity towards c4
    • Up x 1
  20. MahouFairy

Fine, if you don't want me to talk about the damage C4 does to infantry, then I shan't. What exactly do you want the C4 to be? How much damage do you want it to deal? As much as an AV grenade, even though you have to walk or jump jet right next to a tank and pray that tanker is a n**b who doesn't know how to check his surroundings and keep moving? Oh and that only applies for lone or duo tanks. If there it is an organised assault, then you are better off using HA.