Yesterday I got 570+ kills without dying. 1 man to farm them all #PSWorldRecord

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronfistNC, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Revel

Laughably ineffective against Libs with the right loadout.

And this is the problem. 1-2 guys on any infantry? Dead in one second. 2 skilled HA on a MAX? 1 LA with C4 from above? Dead. MBT, Lightning, Sundy etc when caught on open field? Dead.

You guys get to run away 9/10 times and come back 60 seconds later fully repaired.
    • Up x 1
  2. WaaWaa

oh my what a thread!

Congrats dude much respect and props to QRY.

Make em rage quit!
  3. Flapatax

You're playing on the stacked faction and you didn't find good players?

You can't see it, but my face is frozen in shock.

Also lel if you think 2.3 is "seriously farming."
  4. Blippy

5. [NNG]WillTerry

Please tell us more about air on emerald. I see you have 18 hours of flight time.
  6. Tykune

And again, you are wrong. Playing an infiltrator involves more skill than sitting in a vehicle in the air. I dont sit in front of a computer all day playing Planetside 2, and if you bothered to check my profile, you'd see that I've gone months without playing the game. I am in an outfit, doing things in game that doesn't involve me going out and killing other players, such as setting up traps, doing recon with my dart gun, and supporting my allies like an infiltrator should be doing. Valuing someone's skill based on kills per hour is nothing short of ignorant and shallow minded, and you should be ashamed of yourself for using that as your point.
  7. Tykune

And now to deal with you. Playing as an Infiltrator, or even a sniper, does not involve staying at range all the time. Granted, staying at range not only allows you snipe people as support, but also allows you to assess the battlefield for your allies, provide recon coverage, and warn your allies of incoming attacks such as vehicles, ambushes, or your so called liberator. Is that all an infiltrator/sniper can do? Hell no. I've used my pistol plenty of times to run in and hack terminals, turrets, and set up the base for attack.. also providing information to my allies, and outfit, regarding the base's current defenses. But then again, you probably dont play infiltrator enough to know this, or even spend much time on the ground regardless.. so think before you start running your mouth about something you dont understand, because you are the one who will end up looking like an idiot.
  8. Dreadnaut

Warn allies of incoming attacks?? LOL are you serious? You don't need to be a useless sniper to do that. Any class in the game can use the spot key. Assess the battlefield? Are you for real? This is Planetside 2, you're not Chris Kyle doing overwatch for a bunch of Marines going door to door this is a VIDEO GAME and sniping in this particular video game is USELESS. So you hack stuff, who cares??? Engineer just gonna destroy it and repair it for experience anyway.

Oh I thought plenty before I 'opened my mouth' sir, it is you who doesn't understand how a simple video game works. Your sniping is absolutely useless and only good padding your own stats.

You have 13 hours in a Mosquito, 3 hours in a Liberator. Yeah you have a real good idea about the air game in Planetside 2...
    • Up x 1
  9. LegioX

I wonder how good these so called ESF/LIB players would be, if this game didn't have hitboxes for vehicles. You know, that lvl100 godlike ESF camping inf above spawn point, can just fly away after taking insane amount of damage to the cockpit or plane in general.

Let inf be able to shoot ESF/LIB players out of cockpits. That would be hilarious and I would laugh at all the rage quitting.
    • Up x 2
  10. Jake the Dog

A more accurate response would be to say... have less armor around cockpit regions of the aircraft. (AP round vs. glass...) Basically, aircrafts have weakpoints like tanks do
    • Up x 1
  11. Tykune

Yes, you warn allies of incoming attacks. Tanks coming down the road to reinforce their allies, air vehicles coming in so your allies can get out their launchers before they even get there, spotting sunders without being spotted yourself. Sure, you can argue that any class can do that, but infiltrators do it best. And yes, you can assess the battlefield with your allies. Given you are at a distance, you can tell your allies exactly where the enemy is coming from, easily spot sunders in the distance and shoot a recon dart at it to reveal it for your allies so they can focus their attacks to that area. And yes, even though you probably still wouldn't understand, hitting certain areas with your recon darts is still a thing.. buildings, rocks, and plants. Recon darts are very good for more than just popping up enemies on the mini map. I am not going to continue arguing this with you if you're just going to feign stupidity and attempt to undermind the usefulness of infiltrators. I mean.. you could just sit in your lib all day fooling yourself with your own ideals and opinions on each class, never touching the ground or putting yourself in the danger zone, but every class has a use.
  12. Whatupwidat

With due respect, and not to back up the sky knight here - but I've seen 2 liberators annihilate an entire armoured push. I've never seen an infiltrator do that.

Your class is useful, sure, all classes are in their own way, but if you're arguing about impact on the battlefield - which it looks like you are - and you really think a single infil is more effective than a liberator?

That's just nuts man.
    • Up x 1
  13. LegioX

So lets talk about giving weakpoints to ESF's and libs. All vehicles on the ground have weakpoints on sides and rear. Inf weakpoint is the head. So why are ESF/Libs not given the same treatment? Are they special? Serious question.
    • Up x 1
  14. Tykune

Granted, infiltrators do not have the tools to take out vehicles or do any damage to them, but I have been amply gifted with enough opportunities to indeed take out heavily wounded aircrafts. Though I think I've only seen myself do it about four times, if an aircraft is on fire and you shoot it with a bolt-action sniper rifle, there is a chance you'll blow it up. I cannot tell you the joy I feel when that happens. But there are situations that even a sniper or a cloaked melee infiltrator can overturn the effectiveness of aircrafts, such as sneaking up on someone repairing their liberator and shooting them in the head. Lets see them lift that bird off the ground again.
  15. Whatupwidat

Hahahahaha xD

- Thread about someone getting 500+ killstreak in air

- Thread turns into "Nerf Air!" thead.

Forumside, NEVER change :p
  16. Tykune

I think it more coincides with people already knowing that the liberator is overpowered. The thread just puts the frosting on the cake.
  17. LegioX

giving planes weakpoints like all other objects in this game is nerfing them? YEAH OK.....................
    • Up x 1
  18. radrussian2

idanno i dont think the dalton is all that easy. about the only gun i find fairly easy is the zepher. shooting dalton take alot of practice. learning velocity and drop doesn't happen over night.
  19. Whatupwidat

The liberator isn't overpowered in the bloody slightest. It's a farm vehicle, sure - but if the enemy on the ground are even half awake it's about as useful and durable as a chocolate teapot.

I get killed by one like once or twice a play session? I mean ffs you can HEAR them coming from miles away...they can't sneak up on you.

Anyone who dies to one is pretty much guilty of being farmed and should deal with it and try, I dunno, not being outside when they're about? Or better yet shoot at them with AA?

But naw...that's hard - easier to whine about them being OP, right? ;P
    • Up x 1
  20. Tykune

Yeah, I dont think they pay attention half the time. They think they are far enough that no one will kill them in that little amount of time, but I've had gals, libs, and other aircrafts nearly land in my vicinity.. well within my range, so stealthing really isn't required XD