Yesterday I got 570+ kills without dying. 1 man to farm them all #PSWorldRecord

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronfistNC, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Tibbers

Money is he also libbed it
    • Up x 1
  2. ComradeHavoc

Says the guy hiding 700 meters above a firefight in safety cr@pping explosives on players who are in several thousand times more danger than you are. Which takes little to no skill. I would congratulate your pilot more a lot than you.
  3. Dreadnaut

Hi, I'm Dreadnaut, and I was the pilot for the first 240 kills.

I'm a Liberator pilot, and I've been flying the Lib since the Tech Test prior to Beta. I have 1500+ hours in the pilots seat of the Liberator, and 15,000+ kills with the Tank Buster on several characters from different factions. To my knowledge there is only one person in the entire game with more than that many Tank Buster kills, and that's GlobeMaster from NC on Emerald. He's a fantastic Liberator pilot and uses the Tank Buster insanely well. He's about to hit 20k kills with it (amazing). What we do with the Tank Buster is not easy, if it was, there would be a lot more people with the kills to prove it.

This wasn't sitting at the flight ceiling farming infantry. We NEVER flew at the flight ceiling, not even once. We battled everything in the game including turrets, Skyguards, Walker Sundies, Vulcan Harassers, Lock-ons, ESF's with lockons, Liberators, Battle Galaxies, AV Turrets, etc. Anyone that knows me and how I fly is fully aware of my ability to use terrain to my advantage. When you're at the flight ceiling, there is no where to run.

To those that are scoffing at this achievement, you have absolutely zero clue what it takes to do what we did. This wasn't easy, it was incredibly difficult to do, and it took a long time. There's a lot that goes into being a gunner other than holding the trigger down. To stay alive as long as we did, you have to be very aware of your surroundings, have amazing situational awareness, and have excellent communication and cockpit resource management skills.

There were many times we had zero ESF support, and there were others where we had 2-3 ESF's flying cover. However, as everyone knows, QRY aren't the type of guys to idly sit around and cover a Lib for hours and hours. MOST of the time, they were off doing their own thing and would come help if called. That still takes time and we were on our own for MOST of the time we were flying. So for those of you who think what we did was easy, you're very sorely mistaken.

I am now going to address some of the questions in the last 8 pages of this thread while I sit here waiting for an OS install on my laptop.

You have no clue what it takes to fly a Liberator and be successful in one. I can say this with 100% certainty because it doesn't need any nerfs at all, if anything it needs some minor buffs, but a guy like you wouldn't understand that because you can't do what we do.

Again, you have no clue what it takes to be successful in a Liberator. If it was so easy to do what we did, why have only 2 people in the game ever done it?

He's right, we had very little ESF support most of the time we were flying. At times there was a lack of interest from anyone in trying to kill us, others there were tons of people doing everything they could do kill us. We are just really good at what we do, and don't put ourselves in really bad situations although we had a BUNCH of times we landed on fire and had to repair.

The Liberator isn't even remotely OP, but I can't expect people who don't fly them to understand that. ONE great ESF pilot can wreck the best 3 crewed Liberator in the game. That's a fact.

He was Engineer for most of the flying I did to get to the first 240 kills. It wasn't till after 200 or so I suggested he switch to bail assault. As he stated previously, he had to bail twice. Twice in 240 kills.

See above. Also, you're another one that has no clue what it takes to be successful in a Liberator and just thinks it's OP yet you can't do what we did. See how that works?

Again, read the comments above. You have no clue what it takes to be part of a successful Liberator team.

Thanks, I appreciate that. It wasn't easy, it was long hours staying at a very high level of situational awareness which is taxing on the brain.

As Haemo stated, we never flew at the flight ceiling. Most of the time the cockpit instruments didn't even work so you can't see airspeed, altitude, or afterburner level. That's a terrible bug to fight through when doing what we did.

Another uniformed post about someone who thinks the Liberator is OP. Again, if it's so OP, do what we did and call it OP. TWO people in the entire game were able to do what IronFist did, and you think it's OP cuz of that? L2P.

Situational Awareness is the key. Don't get yourself on the business end of an enemy Tank Buster. Altitude is life, with it you can generate speed, and with speed you can maneuver. Most people fly using High G which makes the yaw rate on their Lib very slow. If you work into those angles they can't turn as hard as you can using pitch turns.

I'm usually using High G, Nanite Repair, and Afterburner.

Yes, any scrub can gun and get a handfull of kills. It takes a master crew to get 570 kills in the gunner seat without dying. Gunner is a 2nd set of eyes for the pilot, not just a guy mashing the left mouse button haphazardly. Thanks for the Kudos :)

He didn't hog all the glory. He credited both pilots in the first post, as he said he would. Just because my name isn't in the thread title doesn't mean he's hogging anything. He knows all too well he couldn't have done it without quality pilots and he credited us.

We are all VERY proud of what we did to accomplish this. If you think it's so easy, go do it.

Right?? I'm not at all surprised by the responses though. Typical "I can't do something and someone else is good at it so it must be OP" mentality.

You're right, and the Tank Buster on the Liberator is the single hardest weapon to use in the entire game based on the vehicle it is attached too. The damage dropoff is insanely low, it's been nerfed multiple times, and other things buffed around it. Anyone who thinks what we did is easy is insane. If it was so easy, as I've probably stated more than once, it would have been done by a bunch more people already.

He bailed twice in 240 kills, and at my suggestion somewhere around 200 kills he switched to bail assault. What we both did as pilot and gunner (Haemo as well) was staying at a very high level of situational awareness for many hours straight. That isn't easy.

You contradict yourself in the first sentence. One person has done it, so that's obvious proof it's OP? Maybe if 100 people had done it, it would be obvious proof that it was OP, but one? I think you have it all backwards. You can't do what we did, therefore it's just "OP".

Except it was stated multiple times we never once sat at the flight ceiling. That's not my style and I would get bored way too fast doing that. As stated above, there's a lot more to gunning than mashing left mouse.

In closing, what we did wasn't easy, and I'm proud to have been the pilot to get the ball rolling and my buddy Haemo for picking up where I left off and really putting the hammer down. Well done gents, you deserve every bit of credit for this achievement. 570 without a death, that's awesome. As I said at the beginning, this would have been closer to 725 had I not make a stupid mistake =\
    • Up x 1
  4. Tykune

Yes, the liberator is overpowered, just as much as the Sunder's new shield when going against a small squad. The only reason so few people actually rack up that many kills with a liberator is for the fact they do not sit on their *** in front of the computer playing Planetside 2 all day, doing nothing productive and being nothing but braindead by using the same old trick pony over and over again. How about you come up to my level and get over 8,000 kills and 5,500~ headshots with a bolt-action sniper rifle (the slowest main weapon in the game to level directive wise).

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Tykune
  5. Tibbers

Your point about the tank buster being weak is utter BS, No other vehicle can instagib a MBT with one clip

It is literally more powerful then your main goddamn gun (Belly) that is designed for AP
    • Up x 1
  6. KirthGersen

OP, next thing to do can be easier but even more impressive.
    Try to get 100+ infantry killstreak just being a spawnroom warrior and playing on defence, then end it in a field just to make a screenshot proves you was 'fair".
    Find Vanu zerg.
    One base being zerged by average Vanu will bring you about 8-10 kills from spawn in 2-3 minutes.
    Just avoid to be TKed.
    Redeploy to next base where zerg comes, repeat.
    ???
    Post here, become a hero again.

No need to thank me:rolleyes:
  7. Revel

Hit your afterburner and run away the minute anything touched you?
    • Up x 1
  8. uhlan

I hate using the reply method in this forum when they're this long.

Dreadnaut, I've been playing this game since beta and I know what it takes to get a lot of kills in a Lib.

But that isn't the point.

The point is that the vehicle layer is broken completely. Even a below average Lib pilot and crew can get 50-100 kills in a Lib. I've done it myself.

It's ridiculous.

And before you defend the farming and the coordination it took to do it, think logically about the state of the game and the fact that the ability to continuously farm other players in the amounts possible is a HORRID mechanic whether you're in a Lib, ESF or an MBT.

I mean, how many infantry can farm more than 20 in a row without, at some point, using the games limitations against other players? Or the massive inexperience differentials so common-place in this game? Especially in big battles where absolute chaos is the norm.

Achieving scores like that is tantamount to saying "Lol, hey, look, the game is broken and I did this!!"

As I've said, congratulations on your goal and your crew, it did take skill, but realize you're lauding yourself in a vehicle known for a bit of cheese in a game with huge deficits in playability for more than a handful of players.

So, you can expect a little well-founded criticism.
    • Up x 4
  9. LordTankT9

So... How munch land did they captured? Or they just stomped ants bellow? If so, look again - ant live and made progress. Can't say same for Foot Clan.
  10. The_Blazing

Umh, actually I was being sarcastic, in response to the "but if there was ever a sign that the vehicle layer in this game is completely broken, it's this kind of thing" post. The fact that you took it seriously makes me wonder how extreme cries for nerfs can get on Forumside.
  11. CapperDeluxe

I would be more impressed if it weren't accomplished in a Liberator
  12. Dreadnaut

And this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You have no clue what it takes to fly a Liberator. I never said the Tank Buster was weak, you lack reading comprehension. I said it was hard to use. HUGE difference sir.

* Yes, the Tank Buster is incredibly powerful inside the damage drop-off. Once you hit that drop-off it gets bad in a hurry
    * You can only 1 clip an MBT from the back with an upgraded magazine not default
    * Average of the best Tank Buster users in the game is about 12 vehicle kills per hour, that's ALL vehicles not just MBT's. TWELVE/HOUR
    * Putting the Lib in a position to kill armor is hard because it's so easy to hear a Lib coming, Stealth doesn't effect audio
    * Getting low enough to kill someone with the Tank Buster puts you in range of:
    - AV Turrets
    - AA Turrets
    - G2A Lock-Ons
    - Decimators
    - Walker/Ranger Sundies
    - Bulldogs
    - MBT Main Cannons (TR/NC)
    - MBT Secondaries
    - Harassers
    - ESF Primaries
    - ESF Lock-On scrub missiles
    - Liberator Tank Busters
    - Liberator Dalton
    - Liberator Shredder
    - Battle Galaxies

So now, with that list above of things I constantly have to worry about while I'm flying ALL the time, most of you will still continue to say it's easy because you have zero clue what it takes to fly a Liberator and be successful at it.

Liberators are incredibly easy to kill, yet people would rather complain about them than deal with them.

I have a maxed out Lib on all 3 factions on Emerald, so send me a tell in-game and I'll pull one for you and you can show us all how easy it is to kill MBT's with the Tank Buster. I've got $100 SC for you if you can average 15 MBT kills/hour for four hours on Emerald. 60 MBT kills with the Tank Buster in four hours and the money is yours. However if you don't succeed, you're going to PayPal me $100 and then you can write a written apology on this forum about how wrong you were about how 'easy' the Tank Buster is to use.
    • Up x 1
  13. Dreadnaut

I apologize, sarcasm is tough to discern via email, text, forums.
  14. Whatupwidat

Can I just say on behalf of entertainment fans everywhere - thank you for this thread xD
    • Up x 1
  15. LightningPro

I don´t say Libs need to be nerfed in the Ground.
    But Yesterday I got 570+ kills without dying. 1 man to farm them all thats great work but also sick.
    I know many well skilled pilots but never ever got 100 killstreak even with pre nerf Zepher.
  16. belthazor3457

C4 was once nerfed vs aircraft from destroying a liberator in one C4 brick if placed near the engine, to two C4 bricks not destroying it and not necessarily lighting it on fire either. This was possibly the most dramatic nerf in the game, and was deployed-explosive v aircraft. It would make sense that sometimes a nerf-cry would be taken as not sarcastic, because the most dramatic and ridiculous nerf-cries are not made sarcastically - and they actually make it into the game.
  17. Vaphell

dude, seriously. I don't give two ***** about the record but please stop glorifying the heroic qualities of libfarming. How much time on average do "these incredibly easy to kill" libs have left when getting under fire? 15seconds? 30? There is no such thing as an instagib in your world.
    You know what is easy to kill? A squishie. Stop for half a second and you are gone. Or a tank that gets c4ed or drives over mines. In any given battle you have to acknowledge probably 5 targets tops as an immediate threat while the peons you farm have to deal with dozens, often with subsecond margins of error.
  18. [NNG]WillTerry

Once again, CRY ME A REAVER, proves that we are simply the best at all things air related. I can tell by reading this thread that it is difficult for most to accept. We won Community Clash and if you think about it, we basically won planetside.
    • Up x 1
  19. Mjolnir

If it is any consolation I ended Ironfist's streak by getting gal rammed by a lagging gal when I was flying him as a zepher gunner, so libs do have a hard counter: terrible netcode.

Sorry ironfist :(
  20. Haemoglobin

Haha, everyone who is saying it is too easy has never tried to fight over a 24+ fight.

Farming 1-12 fights is easy kids, don't forget there's more out there than that though!