In terms of Game play nothing seems to of happened in the last two years

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tobymaguireFTW, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Xasapis

Title makes no sense. The game is literally two years and two months old.
    • Up x 1
  2. vanu123

Lattice poisoned the game, fed the rise of zergs, and took out any large scale tactics/flanks, limited platoon leads, etc.
  3. Marka Ragnos

I would like to see captuing bases alot like the ASSAULT mode from Unreal Tournament 2004. Like different objectives such as blowing a generator then flipping a few switches in other buildings or blowing up a super tank being made at a tech plant. It would be much more interesting than cature-the-flag/domination style base catures.
  4. Isokon

It's all still there in your head, just as it was before.
  5. TechMechMeds

Certs and farming certs.

The game would be objectively better if we didnt need to farm certs to get oursevles up to a standard we are happy with. The game is nothing but a farm from what i see and it seems that by br100 theres some kind of realisation that there's nothing worth doing but farming with vehicles or being infi and trolling (I am BR46 now i think, maybe 45).

If we did'nt need to farm so many certs then people would be more concerned with actually playing ot win rather than farming. I guess its just another game where they need to keep vets happy with an advantage to actually stay in the game. If it was alll open field to chop and change whatever we want then we'd see half thhe players go as their unfair advantage would be gone. I don't mind admitting that my chaingun enjoys this (but i still suck lol).

Just calling it how i see it (miller to be specific).

Ps. I'd like to piint out the more than often occurance when the enemy will jus sit in the base and try to get kills rather than take the objective that is 20 metres away ffs. FARMING>PLAYING FOR FUN!.
  6. TechMechMeds

Sorry but i see this all the time unless the guy is playing past prime time on the wrong server lol.
  7. TechMechMeds

Ah yeah forgot to add that i still love the game. Just making some points from what i am experiencing.
  8. Tiggah

3. Tons of new weapons for all classes. . .

Each gun weighs a ton!
  9. Gorganov

Player made missions to help with inter-outfit coordination. Infantry group needs Tank Support? Should have the ability to place a 'Tank Support Needed' - players just have to click the icon to join the mission. Then you could add a 'Mission Progression and Specialization' tree to make things rewarding (because people need a reason to do something...)

Then you can even add content based around the mission system.

I just can't understand why won't do it...
  10. Zedex

What is the goal of Plantside 2?! Apart from farming its territory capture which goes like:
    a) Get to next nearby enemy base;
    b) Hold the points for X minutes;
    c) Go to "a".
    Its a never ending holding points! You still wonder why people prefer farming?!
    Now this is something, but i would like to see some more depth in missions, like:
    1) Abilty to initate upgrades in Tech/Biloab/AMP bases
    Gather nice amount of resources to start upgrade;
    When upgrade is started enemies can try and sabotage it, stopping the upgrade;
    If upgrade is successfull the faction gets significant bonuses on continent: armor or weapon damge or health or sheilds or speed e.t.c. for severa hours depending on the base the upgrade was started;
    Faction that has several locked continents has to mantian the lock and hence it cant start upgrade due to "energy" shortage, so overpopped factions wont be able to become too powerfull, while underpoped factions get a chance to fight back
    2) Artifact retrival:
    The alien artifact appears on the map and you need to capture it and to some base to be fully charged which will give you access to alien tech or weapon for some time.
    3) New base capture modes:
    LLU - you must take some "core unit" in enemy based and bring it to friendly base, while LLU carrier cant use air and his speed is significantly reduced.
    Deployment - in order to capture enemy base you must deploy, build some object and defend it while its charging (or maybe vehicle) in some area of enemy base.
    Conversion - you need to capture adjacent small bases and initate some process on them simultanniously and maintain it for some time (it will allow to eliminate BioLabs stalemate when defenders dont want to come outside the base, beacuse they are pretty satisfied with farming)

Or many other types of missons, im shure someone can think of even better way to make gameplay more diverse and fun
  11. Tykune

They need to bring back the old capping system. It was pure genius with having to have at least 3-6 people on the points to keep it going smoothly. Nowadays, people just wander off and ghost cap places without having to worry about how fast or slow it goes.
  12. Pikachu

Most of them weak (spur, ranger) or boring (ns lmg, a-tross) or nobody is using them (lancer, phoenix) or people dislike them being in the game (PAS, SMG).
  13. vanu123

I disagree lattice limited platoon leads and outfits on what they could do, not to mention the Hex system didn't punish small outfits and it allowed them to contribute.
  14. Crashsplash

Of course we do0, well some of us.

What we mean is a reason to fight, a reason to organise, a reason to cooperate across the empire and within and between outfits.

SOE used to support this with the events, and they did it in PS1 with home continents to defend and the inter-continental lattice and they even at one stage had something similar in the roadmap but for some reason they've decided they don't want to do it.

The magic of PS1 was in the meta game which prompted so much varied and at times intense gameplay. In ps2 the game is fundamentally about going for certs, so that you can get that weapon and get more kills so that you can go for more certs or auraxium aor directives or whatever.

The sign that something is wrong is that within the game doing the 'right thing' needs to be rewarded by a gift of certs wheras if the game was working properly players would do the 'right thing' whether there was a reward or not because it was the right thing to do in the persuit of a higher objective. The game is about certs, that's it.
  15. AlterEgo

New weapons, new knife mechanics, new XP rewards, more continents (One more still counts), new cosmetics, new vehicle physics...

AND STILL NO EMPIRE SPECIFIC FLAVOR.
    Although, praise the upcoming buffs for multiple faction specific weapons. A small step in the awesome direction!:D
  16. CapEnTrade

[IMG][/quote]