Name something you've used because you knew it would be nerfed eventually

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Stromberg

proxy mine against spawn room doors accompanied by sticky nades to get the few survivers. I really had no shame :D
  2. Marka Ragnos

Im using the spit fire because I know its going to get buffed eventually. The opposite of what your asking!!!
  3. NoctD

Ravens... but I'm still waiting for the nerf to come for them.
    • Up x 3
  4. iller

Can't think of anything .... Rather I don't even consider buying anything until I've seen what SOE's eventual inevitable Nerf to it is gonna be. I think most longterm gamers familiar with SOE are atleast aware of this pattern by now...esp those who braved SWG. The only exception I ever made there was the Commissioner maybe?? Just b/c I desperately needed a better Pistol. Which never actually got Nerfed so it don't even count (it was actually the quick KNIFE attack which technically got nerfed in that case and even then I could have just bought the Xbow or MAGscatter to get that functionality back ... but I never did)

If they ever give Valk a Wraith generator.... I *might* abuse that for a little while. But then again I wouldn't even consider that overpowered to begin with unless they were complete idiots about it and allowed people to keep dropping C4 from the stupid things...

Disclaimer: I use the hell out of Ravens but my K/D with them is WAY lower than my Sniping loadout yields and my SPM with Ravens is WAY lower than my dual Burster SPM as well. So I'm guaranteeing that Ravens will not see a major nerf. Quote me on that :cool:
    Code:
    raven stats:  7 KPH __ 1.5 KD __ 30% acc __ 300 inf+veh kills __ 44 SPM / 110k totalXP
    ..infact no one in my outfit has more than 15 kph or 8 Vkph with them... and my outfit is #2 behind Recursion for V.K.P.H.
  5. Marka Ragnos

Back when the game was released I used the heck out of tank mine. Me and a buddy would sit at Copper Ravine Station near the Indar south east warp gate when an enemy faction owned it because there use to be a Equipment Terminal in a building next to the road. We would mine the road and gank all sorts of vehicles coming out of the warp gate. Using a unlimited supply of proxies we could hold the building against the one or two that wanted to stop us. Back then the tank mines were much smaller and very difficult to see. Often the tank mines would end up just under the ground texture making it virtually impossible to detect. When Tawrich was owned by someone else then MBT and sunderers would poor out of the warp gate and into our never ending supply of tank mines. When the first Christmas event started with double XP, the amount of certs we gained was incredible.
  6. Abraham with Cheese

Hmm.... only ever used the pre-nerf PPA a few times, really prefer infantry fighting than vehicle spamming. I did, however, purchase the Banshee about three or four weeks before it was nerf-hammered. Sad thing is, I barely got any kills with it, as I'd lag into the terrain or get blasted from the sky... as I lagged to death.

Really, SOE, nerf lag, please. Nerf if HARD.
  7. DashRendar

That reminds me. Early on I did use bouncing betties a lot when they were bugged. Just go to an amp station that's not under siege yet and place them in the generator rooms, drive away and they sunk into the ground, but would still explode when tripped. You just go on playing and then eventually you get a killbadge from out of nowhere. Hehehe, that was a fun little bug.
  8. WUNDER8AR

Lockdown Bursters. It was insane before they got toned down. I also never used the banshee until Higby said they're going to nerf it.
  9. Mxiter

All cheap weapons I used were or after nerfs (HE/HEAT/Rocketpods/Shotguns/AV nades) or before it was contreversial (banshee)

I also made a Vs toon durin ZoE OPness. Just 10-15h gameplay, enouth to cert it and see how cheezy it was.
  10. AlterEgo

Before:
    Tetetetetetetetete...

NOW:
    Dededededede... WHABRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    • Up x 1
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

i'll admit it:( i heavily utilized the Proximity Mine/Anti-tank Mine combo to put them inside spawnrooms of bases that were about to flip. when the enemy infantry rushed inside the spawnroom they'd die to my booby traps

i kinda KNEW that SOE will nerf this cheap tactic eventually, and they did by making explosives detonate upon flip so that the tactic became void. still, i pretty much sacked some guaranteed 1-4 kills after every base flip that way. in fact, most of my Prox kills (got around 1k now) were from this method. that said, i am totally fine with this being removed
    • Up x 1
  12. Get2dachoppa

I was guilty of that more than a few times myself. :oops:
    • Up x 1
  13. Prudentia

Invisible Galaxy
    the instant i saw that bug (pun intended) i maxed out Galaxy stealth and went on a Rampage landing 20m away from deployed sundies farming or ramming the 6 INI whales circling Indar who of course didn't have stealth and were therefor completly helpless towaeds my attacks.
    oh good old days :3
  14. DashRendar

I never heard of this glitch? Was it very recent? If so, that may have been while I was on break from playing.
  15. Flag

Phobos Pump Shotty. Pew.
  16. MahouFairy

Striker and C4.

Heck, everyone should have a pistol fight instead.
  17. Prudentia

oh thats a very old bug. it was the the very first time they changed the camo coverage of something to provide better IFF trough ES colours... on a skywhale ffs... if you are close enough to see distinguish the colours you are too close already...but they still did jt and slmehow managed to break the textures completly so it was just 100% invisible. a crouched stalker is a christmastree compared to that
  18. Elrobochanco

Spawn shack AT/Prox traps.

Oh and grenade bandoleer.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

UBGL and ZOE are the only ones that come to mind, but I was using them because they were good, not because I thought I should use them before nerf.
  20. Towie

Well I play all three factions and become fascinated when I come up against something that appears extremely powerful, so I hop over to an alt to try it out and figure how best to defend against it.

But anyway - I enjoyed these: PPA, Zoe, Vanguard shield, Uber-Liberator (not flying - just gunning), Saron mk 1; if I could fly worth a jot then the Banshee felt pretty brutal. Some of these were 'strong' for a very long time too.