Implant drop rates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inex, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Inex

Sanity check: Are they any Chargers out there?

I saw the last "Because of T4 Implants" change, but this weekend has been something else. 3 hours of play, and I've recieved 3 Chargers and 3 T1 Implants. You might recognize that as being almost, sort of, barely enough to run a T1 implant. I've actually just pulled all the implants off my loadout because it's pretty obvious I won't be able to keep them charged.

Have drop rates changed again, or am I just getting RNGesus'd?
  2. Apples

I seem to get chargers when completing objectives or goals etc but I honestly don't pay much attention to the implants/chargers since I rarely use them because I'm lazy and cheap. I've stocked up quite a few chargers and implants in what little time I've played since they added implants. I used to play a lot and be sub, buy things, but the reasons I'm not anymore is another story and thread.
  3. Jac70

Before the latest Hotfix chargers weren't dropping at all. Since they have started dropping again but at a reduced rate since prior to the latest game update. This is an intentional move from SOE to 'encourage' people to use Station Cash on them. I am OK with the current drop rate, I think you can maintain a Tier 2 24/7 without spending money is you utilise a bit of intelligent management. Constructing Ultra Chargers with spare Tier 2 & 3s and remembering to not have you implants running when you are idle.

Doing this over the last few days I am starting to see chargers slowly accumulate again.
  4. FieldMarshall

According to the patch notes:
    Drop rates was reduced because T4 implants was added. Because SOE logic.
  5. Stromberg

I think OP is asking if there was yet another nerf after the recent patch. so even a bigger one than in this update u mentioned.
  6. Inex

Yes, exactly. I noticed the drop rate change over the holidays, but spending almost an hour yesterday before I got my first drop seemed a bit extreme. Maybe it's just me though and I got screwed by a random system: wouldn't be the first time.

Which is unfortunate, as they seem to have put T3 as the 'useful' tier. I imagine part of my huge drop in Chargers has been taking advantage of Indar's perma-lock status to spend a lot of time flying with the incredibly useful Awareness implant. That one's a hungry little bastard. :p Combine that with the changes to Battle Hardened, EMP Shield and Clear Vision and not being able to run T3 is a little annoying.
  7. Jac70

Well I have been running a Tier 2 last couple of days and my implants and chargers are starting to slowly accumulate again. I reckon I could probably run a Tier 3 if I really wanted to. Then I am in a position to do so, I don't need to upgrade my equipment or characters anymore. I have a stock of implants accumulated from when drop rates were decent. I still have 60 chargers. I can spend certs on implant packs to craft into chargers or even just buy an ultra charger though 750certs is a bit expensive.

So as I have said I don't think the current rate is terrible, it's new players who are going to be hit by it.
  8. EZPickens

Little over an hour of casual game play, usually have no problem getting drops, but now zero.
    I was budgeting about $10 per month to spend on the game. Now no more for you SOE.
    Implant system seems blatant P2W.
    If you are going to make it unsupportable to keep even a T1 running on drops, just drop the bloody facade and make it a straight pay system.
  9. Nano(zip/zap)

They turn down the drop rate so exploiter farmers don't get a lot but then those of us who are not uber point farmers can't even get 1 flipping charger. Got a bunch of tier 3 that I can't use cause no chargers coming in. I've got 7 and don't want to use them if they are going to be last ones I'm gonna get without paying for em.