Koltyr

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Jan 5, 2015.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

The next Test server update should include the first build of Koltyr, our new-player zone.

This zone is still under construction and needs a bit of work before we’re done. We are actively working on the three center outposts, so they need still cover, and aesthetics/polish work. That said, we're looking forward to getting functionality bugs from all of you as we continue to work on Koltyr. As it stands now, youshould be able to spawn at, spawn vehicles at, capture, etc all of the major outposts.

Please let us know if that’s not the case!
    • Up x 10
  2. AlterEgo

I KNEW IT! YOU GUYS STILL ARE UP TO IT!

Can't wait for it, man! Have an ETA on the update?
    • Up x 2
  3. doombro

So, how do we actually get there?
  4. quickbeam2

im assuming you get there by making a new character.
  5. SgtShiutdown

6. Smagjus

7. Kirppu1

[IMG]
    Will check it out and give out feedback accordingly
  8. ciotta2013

Same for me, stuck 92% with brand new char... ;)
    [IMG]
  9. Anti-Skub

In the interest of not wasting effort. How about adding a >BR15 version for non noobs?
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

+1
    • Up x 2
  11. Snipefrag

Nice, this idea cropped up on reddit a couple of months ago.. I like to think it was community driven. In reality it was probably a bit of both ;). Good stuff anyway. A lot better than instant action death.
  12. Doomzzg

92%
    Map tiles missing
    481 Megabytes of nothing

Another "successful" update.
    • Up x 1
  13. Snipefrag

Technically its not an update, its a patch to test server. Expect problems on the test server, not the live.
    • Up x 2
  14. SashsaACIII

Russian txt
    Лутше зделали *Alert to (LIVE server ротация Alert вопшем не работает !!!!!!!!:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: !!!) .
    << Alert to *Event name * 1- territory control , 2- AMP 9 , 3- Bio Lap 9 , 4- Tech 7 >>

_____
    [IMG]

Koltyr, our new-player zone. xMM интересно!:cool:.

... .
  15. SashsaACIII

" Error Spawan * NC (VS TR none KOLTYR) Same for me, stuck 92% with brand new char.. "
    *WARP Error ! ALL .

... .
  16. klanderso Developer

We're looking into what's causing the stuck at 92% while loading issue. Should have a fix up by the end of the day!
    • Up x 3
  17. ScrapyardBob

I've posted this in the past, but you really need to rethink Tech Plants, Bio Labs and Amp Stations having satellite outposts that are not part of the main complex. Instead of having 2-4 single capture point facilities surrounding the main facility, change them to be part of the main facility's capture timer.

For example, Xelas on Amerish:
    - Defenders should start with (4) spawn rooms (West Air Dock, North Gate, South Bridge and the Bio-Lab dome)
    - All spawn rooms have associated SCUs protected by a SCU shield generator. Attackers can overload the SCU generator (60 sec timer) then take out the SCU itself (60s timer) to destroy the ability of defenders to spawn at that location.
    - Capturing the point at the outlying facility does *not* grant attackers a spawn point.
    - Three of the five capture points are in the satellites, only two capture points should be inside the main dome.
    - Control of the capture point *does* allow the use of teleporters into the main dome.
    - Timer should be 5 minutes if 5/5 are held, 10 minutes of 4/5 are held and 20 minutes if only 3/5 are held.
    - Vehicle gates should be added at West Air Dock and South Bridge.

This would fix a bunch of issues:
    - The fight would be spread out over a much larger area at the bio-lab instead of being concentrated on the air pads / teleport rooms. This is a huge benefit.
    - Organized attackers can hit and destroy all SCUs within 2-3 minutes.
    - Defenders can use any of the four locations to rally from (if SCU is up).
    - Attackers can "starve" out defenders who hole up in the bio-lab dome, because the defenders would only hold 2/5 points.
    - Defenders *must* push out of the bio-lab dome in order to retake at least one satellite to keep control.

I expect that the fight would play out more like how Crossroads on Indar or Crimson Bluff on Indar plays out. Defenders can hole up in a particular area and stretch the capture timer, which allows other defenders to rally to the fight. But organized attackers can keep defenders bottled up and will eventually take the base.
    • Up x 5
  18. klanderso Developer

Koltyr should be available now. The map doesn't display correctly, but there will be downtime later today to fix it.
    • Up x 2
  19. lilleAllan

sounds amazing
  20. Heyitsrobbie1984

my opinion about koltyr

the esamir/amerish hybrid combo is screaming for a stand alone continent. it just needs more trees but with bits of snow on top.

and i guess you guys are trying out new base layouts for koltyr i take it?
    • Up x 2