So I see nothings changed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Templar4560, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Templar4560

After being gone for about 2 years and getting run off by all the game hackers , My question is after playing for the last few days again and getting killed by guys a field away using a lite sub machine guns and other assorted weapons with only 1 or 3 shot , or a half mag . Is the Vanu armor and weapons that bad in game , after all im not a great player and im not the worst . But when the same player is running around getting 6 or so kills in his session and i cant even take there shield down with a full mag at point blank range , Something is very wrong with this picture . Why should I even consider coming back to this , what insensitive is there by getting owned by players that arnt even near the same rank as you are in game , time and time again . When the game first came out it was great , and by six months I learned to hate it with a passion . This game has everything , but it is the first online game I have came to hate for what it became . So what insensitive is there to come back to this in game garbage , after-all its a little lopsided . I had hope , allot of this would have gotten fixed but I guess it was just wishful thinking .
    • Up x 1
  2. z1967

I'm an average player and the only SMGs I get killed by seem to be the NS7 (by sheer volume of how many there are) and the Cyclone (op plz nerf, jk plz buff other SMGs).

They only way I could see you getting killed by these SMGs is if you stand still long enough for them to get off all 30+ shots. No, VS weapons are not blanket bad. If you have an issue with accurate weapons just join TR since they have spammier weapons that might suit you better.
  3. FieldMarshall

Getting farmed when you have only played a few days the past 2 years is normal. Sadly.
    I would say the game is 30% aim, and 70% knowledge of game mechanics, positioning, knowing when to engage, experience.
    • Up x 3
  4. Calisai

I think your percentage is off. I've always felt that the game only needs about 10% aim.

My guess is that the weapons that are killing him "from a field away" are actually pretty good medium/long range weapons... its just the inexperience of which weapons are which. I've been playing for 2 years and even I don't know every weapon that the TR/NC have, let alone the range and fire characteristics of each.

As for coming back.... Realize that experience and situational awareness will trump raw FPS skills in this game. If you can't handle that, and work through the learning process.... then you are not going to enjoy the game.
    • Up x 1
  5. FateJH

It only feels like a few shots on your side due to packet bundling and latency. Rest assured, unless they landed copious headshots, they needed to land seven or eight bullets on you. Also, some SMGs in this game can be downsirhgt accurate if they're in skilled hands.
    If all else feels normal, check your ping and connection health (scoreboard, lower right). Ping determines your client-server round trip latency and connection health determines packet drops. Think about it this way: if you see an enemy player looking at you, he's probably already started firing at you on his screen, and all the animations and bullets that have "already happened" are going to be coming across the pipe to your client presently. Understanding this fundamental concept about how the game works - "clientside," as it is called - is fundamentally important to being able to engage targets reliably.

Also, to directly answer your question, all factions have the same armors values across all Infantry classes. All Infiltrators have 900; all MAXes gave 2000 with 80% smalla rms resist; all other classes have 1000; all armors and shields offer the same resistances and strengths at the same ranks.

Edit: I also forgot to mention. They changed the effect of gravity on projectiles, flinching, and screen shake a few times, so the game you experienced two years ago, the game you experienced one year ago, and today's game, will feel different, for certain.
  6. Templar4560

,,,,My Fps Is usually depending on the amount of whats going on around me is at 50 to 100 , and ping is always great . ISP im running 60 meg anyways . In game I play a support roll , cause that's what im good at . If I was standing still for a sniper or such , yes that is my fault . and to others i am not a rank amateur as speculated . My weapon of choice is a shotgun due to most of the fights are on the other side of the door or rock . But I keep getting those few ppl in-game that are doing impossible things time and time again with very little effort and there weapon of choice . When I played sniper , there again , I could make shots at range and while they were on the move , but would I kill them every time , no I wouldnt . But there again depending if the target is running in a strait line where you can figure range speed , and drop . All Im saying is how is it I can blast a mag into a target and not kill him and the other person at times can kill me moving and dodging with little effort , and move on and killing the next guy before reloading . And moving across open ground to cover I tend to zig zag due to its harder to hit a moving target . And I do appreciate your input , Thinking about all variables .
  7. MasonSTL

Idk man it just sounds like you need practice, you might be too far away with that shotgun or are using it in the wrong situations.
  8. Cheetoh

Heavy assaults have an extra 700 health points available instantly at the push of a button and guns with 3x the mag size.

Infiltrators can instantly cloak at the push of a button (even their quad bike). They also have access to increased sprint speed.

LA, medics, engi's don't really have anything like that to protect themselves.

Light assaults have a jet pack, but that's not the same thing as a cloaking device or instant mega health boost.

As a new player myself, I agree when someone new finds this game to be incredibly frustrating. At this point, on top of all the bugs and lag, there are lots and lots of players that are fully certed up and have hundreds (if not thousands) of hours of experience. Not much SOE can do to attract players other than make a new Planetside game with new mechanics and let the cycle repeat itself.
  9. Templar4560

Yes at range a shot gun is to far unless your using slugs , real life it would be up to 100 yards with slugs for an effective shot , Shotgun is a 20yard weapon . And I did use the training room to get reacquainted with things and played a few rounds with the old group to figure out the game changes The general of the game hasn't changed that much . But i didn't see people , that were somehow hidden inside the walls and you could see shots hitting all the people around you and yourself . And I didn't see Galaxies respawn above my head or speed across the map in a second or 2 . Although that was somewhat laughable to see things like that or avatars running at impossible speeds . So that part of the game looks like it has been fixed since the last time I was on . But even as now I have still taken your advise and have been doing training rooms everyday for a hour or more to re acclimate myself to the game and I will say flying is still a pain on the keyboard .
  10. Milspec

The weapons seem whacked to me. SMGs use a pistol bullet IRL, not a rifle round, and yet in PS2 the SMG damage is equal to the rifles and LMGs. Also, SMGs have little front weight compared to long guns, so they recoil like crazy - ppl have DIED IRL because the recoil shoved the gun up into their face while still firing. In PS2 they're practically recoilless compared to LMGs, so ppl make easy headshots with them.

Add in the reload speed and general quick handling, and I've seriously considered going with SMG instead of LMG for HA. All claims that magazine size matters fall short when you die faster than you can aim / push F to an SMG or carbine dude. Unfortunately, they're all behind unlocks, so not yet.
  11. Milspec

whoops double post, and no "delete" button.
  12. FateJH

I was actually trying to quell his insinuation that armor between factions was different. Of course armor options between classes are have customization differences, as they did even when he suggested he last played the game. In fact, except for changing how Nanoweave Armor used to stack, and that change affected all factions equally, armor values should be the same as he remembers (if he remembers).
    There's only so much "being fully cert up" can do for you in a firefight. You don't slap maximum rank Nanoweave on and charge up your fully-powered Nanite Mesh Generator and suddenly it all becomes a walk in the park, or even an equal playing field. If it's experience you lack, however, then experience is free to acquire with practice and respawn.
  13. Templar4560

Yea , I have weapons of all sorts , And like all weapons , bursts fire is best for accuracy , Ammo and equipment such as compensators makes the guns in this game .
  14. RykerStruvian

********** was censored. Thats changed.
  15. Warbreaker

It might be something as simple as your connection latency, press TAB and check your ping, go to VR training room and single fire a target and try to humanly notice the delay between you firing and the bullet registering on your target, there are many factors that will determine your game experience, on a 1 vs 1 fight there are 50% chances you are going to die, on a 2 vs 1 it is unlikely you survive, and if you do your momentum was extremely tuned up or you were just lucky.

This game has many broken things but infantry is kind of OKish.
  16. Templar4560

It's the same as before . 84ms , 60 give or take FPS . Computer is 15gig ram , and 4.4 8core processor . 60 meg ISP . But it still bugs me outside on normal combat you get a few individuals that are getting 4 or more kills in close combat and no mater what you try to do when you come back , angle , area , or or just dumb luck . You cant seem to kill that person and they always kill you with a shot or three it seems like . And when you finally get them down , then they come right back and do it all over again , but its not just me they keep owning . And it seems just by observations , there again its the same people , or person .
  17. CuteBeaver

Or you know, you could look up various weapons that your dying from and figure out their ideal ranges. When I was a nooblet I remember thinking HA were only dangerous CQC because so many used SMG/ Shotguns and LMG's which were designed for that. I was amazed when some were able to peg me around 75meters too. A little bit of searching can shed some light on things pretty easily. You also tend to respect those players using LMG's designed for distance because they are taking a personal risk in other areas in order to kill you so effectively. Once you understand what they had to give up in order to get those kills you won't feel so wronged.
  18. Cheetoh

Certs can't fix stupid, but you need lots of them to unlock things to find out what works best for you on the battlefield.Maybe you've played HA for a while, but now feel Infil is best, so you need more certs for that. If you past that point a long time ago and have all the certs you need, then your experience is different than someone just starting out at this point in the game's life. Farming certs as a young medic or engineer, not really knowing the the maps, and being cannon fodder for all the BR100's that are in the game today is not exactly a time consuming experience I'm willing to recommend to others.
  19. Templar4560

u dont understand , I am certed up , and I just spent 2000 certs I had built up from before and I know the game , maps changed allot , but its still the same game .
  20. Cheetoh

I wasn't referring to you. Just that, as a new player, I agree with your assessment and myself don't find the game experience to be very pleasurable.