100 000 Certs on Start - Enough for Testing?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DarkTexas, Jan 4, 2015.

1. DarkTexas Volunteer Quality Assurance Assistant

Heya Guys,

with the time i saw many ppl on PTS asking for more Certs, cos they hadn't any Certs anymore.
    So I'm going to ask you Guys, is the current amount of Certs at the Start on the PTS enough?

Let's see YOUR opinion!

Greetings,
    DarkTexas
    • Up x 1
  2. sagolsun

100k certs should be enough for anybody. In case it isn't, roll a new char to test your feature or ask the devs who hang out from time to time.
  3. Octoknight

I always run out of certs, but like sagolsun said, I just make a new character :cool:
    • Up x 1
  4. TriumphantJelly

Well, it is for doing testing alone, but other activities often (or previously, such as server smashes) performed on the test server can exhaust certs pretty fast.
  5. Sixstring

Why does stuff even cost certs on the test server? It seems like it would be simpler to just unlock everything automatically or atleast remove the cert cost so that it's not an issue.
    • Up x 2
  6. AlterEgo

You can't run out of certs in this game. Human nature does not allow it!
    But otherwise, 100k is perfect.
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

200 000 will be better
  8. TheKhopesh

100,000 certs is not even enough for me to unlock 1/2 what I have on live...
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428047126282444481/stats

And I still don't have everything unlocked on live (not even close).
    So no, not really.

There should just be a command like "/certs" which tops you off at 100,000.
    Easy and clean. ;)
  9. NoctD

Certs aren't really the problem - the stuff that you can't buy with certs - there's no way to test them without a lot of grinding... and grinding doesn't work on the PTS as there's not enough targets.
  10. 3punkt14159

For a lot of things you only pay 1 Cert on the test server, so its not the same amounth as on live servers. And year,. just delete one char and open one new and you get another 100 000.
  11. TheKhopesh

I bought the vast majority of my weapons with SC, so most of what is substituted for 1 cert didn't even cost me 1 cert.
    (That said, my main on live most certainly has an extensive amount more certed than the 100,000 certs on PTS allows for.)

And while you can make multiple characters just to cert out one faction in different segments, IT'S PTS!
    Just add the dàmn ability to max everything so I don't have to swap between 4 different characters for one faction alone if I want everything certed!
    (That's 12 characters to cert out all factions, while the most character slots you can have is 7. Hence my biggest issue with this.)

One last thing:
    Add more PTS time saver bundles (like the 10,000 SC -$100 USD- " One of each T3 Implant" implant pack).

Among the bundles I would personally like to see are:
    -One that unlocks every standard purchasable vehicle and infantry weapon in the game.
    This would cut out a massive hunk of certing weapons for fully pre-certing a new character before engaging in a time sensitive activity (like outfit ops held on PTS).

-An "unlock all directives gear" bundle would be nice for PTS so we can try out the weapons we're aiming to go for on live without having to just roll the dice and do a massive amount of work just to find out the weapon isn't to your liking for whatever reason.

-A "unlock all seasonal/no-longer-available-on-live items to date" bundle, mainly so you can have the aesthetic look of a weapon or item like for example the $100 (US) bill money camo.
    This would be nice for those who like doing PS2 themed videos, but have to have a safer environment than live servers, or simply don't have said items available on live.

-An "unlock all camos" (Or maybe even an "unlock all aesthetics") bundle.
    (Pretty self explanatory, just so it's in there for those who want and/or need it.)
  12. Kirppu1

This is also the reason why some patches suck, because they don't have enough people to test them.
  13. Jac70

Seems like plenty to me. I got BR100 a few days ago and have unlocked the most used things, purchased a lot of weapons and I have still only earned 80,000 certs in all the time I have played.