What happens after the PS4 release?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by nukularZ, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Pikachu

No.
  2. nukularZ

I believe my issue is that all of that just vanished into thin air. I wasn't expecting it all so soon after release, but now it feels like none of that stuff will ever make into this game. There's always going to be things I don't like in PS2. TR this and NC that. It's not about that at all.

Connery must have seen record low numbers during these holidays. The game it a step away from life support (single USA server) on PC. And how does SOE respond? By making the game even more P2W with stupid implants that were poorly implemented to begin with.
    • Up x 2
  3. SpruceMoose

this whole thing feels like tribes ascend all over again
    :(
    • Up x 2
  4. iller

Shazbot... that means I get to look forward to VirtW farming me all over again in whatever game we all move to next....
    (and just after I'd finally stopped bumping into him in this one...) ...trivia note: my Ps2 character is a tribes voice command sequence
    • Up x 1
  5. SpruceMoose

[IMG]

yup
    now I'm sad
    good thing I still have christmas cookie dough
  6. Silkensmooth

Stop using AMD processors. They arent really made for gaming. I switched from an amd to a 4670k and the game runs perfectly even with my old 460 gtx.
  7. OldMaster80

Let's be honest: after 2,5 years warpgates still do not work, development has almost stopped, many important features have been frozen / postponed / forgotten, the only vehicle they introduced last year sucks and probably it will never be fixed. Then we still have latency/ performance issues and devs still waste time changing PPA, Ravens and Banshee like if those were the main ps2's problem.

And you expect them to be able to release 1 continent? They didn't even manage to release one single battle island. Just check how long did it pass between Hossin announcement and 1st expedition.
    We will never see continents and if it will happen that will be in 2 years or so.
    • Up x 1
  8. MichaelS

The only real content was Hossin. The Valkyrie is only an option on said continent. The model is terrible and the super feature of shooting from it isn't an option because its to fragile and projectile speed. Directives are just diagrams for excel stats, that are totally useless for the gameplay. The only things that really impacts the game is Hossin, continent locking and the Sunderer shields (that is pretty terrible for one year).

SOE send me an invitation to a poll, and I hope everyone that take part checked resource revamp on things they like to have in the game. That was THE flagship project for this year and they failed to terrible by just scratching the outer regions of what they wanted it to be.

But on topic. When PS4 version is out nothing is changing. They have a bunch of new players that experience enough content for at least 1.5 years.

€: are people really complaining in this tread that 160€ AMD CPUs cant compete with 210€ Intel CPU? Or that Phenom2 Processors from 3 years ago cant keep up with modern I7 processors?
  9. Cymoril

This was a success with Final Fantasy's latest MMO. I hated the Rift/WoW dance mechanics for boesses and the 5v5 pvp and quit about a month after release. We played side by side with PS players and didn't know it until they went to try and type to us or had to DL a voice chat on their phone to talk in game to us. That's when we found out that they were mostly on controllers and couldn't type/talk to us. It worked fine.