[Suggestion] Disable farming receptecles (aka spawn rooms) when the base is contested

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Llamar, Dec 30, 2014.

1. \m/SLAYER\m/

no, how else you can see that an squad\platoon preparing for MAX crush?! so random players will probably help.
  2. Leftconsin

Your solution to reduce spawn camping is to remove spawning.
    Although it would certainly work I'm certain it will only make the game unbearably bad.
    • Up x 1
  3. iller

I'd like to propose something else:

What if players who earned high enough Leadership Directives, were allowed to slow down and eventually turn off spawning in the spawn rooms of non-essential farmville bases to force the idiotic Pubbers in their faction to go fight somewhere more productive? ------- No idea how the system would work or the rules for it, (built in counter-measures like allowing other players with leadership directives to turn the SCU back on assuming they can actually GET TO IT b/c the base wasn't actually completely camped / nerfed by enemies?) but it's just something that's crossed all of our minds at some point I'm sure when we were looking at the map tearing our hair out at how stupid/reckless most of the newbs in our own faction seem to be.... (or maybe this only happens to NC players, I dunno)

As for fixing Spawn-rooms themselves from being camped... all we need there is either 10 seconds of damage immunity for fresh respawns, or just a Human-Cannon that lets us pick the trajectory and angle, and then fires us like a mortar to a destination we think the enemy can't be camping. Either one of these solutions would require a LOT LESS WORK than the more common suggestion of just adding a ton more exits & changing base design yet again (They did that with several bases already, it didn't help much and Farming in general has only gotten worse)

PS: to fix farming, all the Devs need to do is follow the advice Wrel made in his KDR video that's already in the MainPage Feed. ....by doing that, Fresh-respawns and farmed players in general will only be worth 0.25 or 1/4 of a directive kill while taking bases and PTFO'ing will be worth 2 or 3 whole directive points *(divided by Population ratio in that hex of course as his other Video about "Attack and Defense problems" recommended last year)
  4. ZenitHMaster

Farming will never go. There will always be entrances and pathways, and always will be places to watch them and shoot down. I think maxes should only be able to be spawned in bases (not in sundies!), that way the defenders can only use them well
  5. HadesR

But for the most part Leadership Directives don't require any skill in Leadership and even less strategic or tactical knowledge ..Yes people may think they are the next Patton or Rommel but the majority are not ..

So for the most part I don't think they are qualified to tell me how to play ...

Now your idea may have merit IF it was squad / platoon restricted .. But then you shouldn't need it as the squad / platoon should be listening to the Lead anyway ..
  6. iller

Yeah I know that first hand just from having spent even 5 minutes in one of Havoc's platoons. But that's why "rules" and countermeasures would also exist. Stuff that basically ensures that it can be un-done at a moment's notice assuming any other player with enough leadership certs & directives could basically prove in some way that the base wasn't just a Farmer's haven by going around it manually repairing or flipping on (IE: not as a stalker b/c that'd be cheating) whatever Gens or SCU's were disabled.
  7. Sixstring

All of the bases need more objectives I like the idea of the point controlling the defenders ability to spawn but here's my idea,every capture console as a natural shield that can be brought down by overloading the base's vehicle shield generator then you capture the point so the enemy can't spawn anymore people until they get the point back and then the SCU's would be for disabling the spawnroom completely. The devs could of course switch this up by modifying the methods for base capture,maybe one base has multiple shielded rooms that need to be accessed in a step by step procedure,terminals all around the base that need to be hacked or even objectives that require multiple classes to complete. For example an engineer could have access to "Super objective-only charges" that are the only way possible to blow up some special objective or maybe more terrminals that are practically required to hack in order to progress towards the point something like heyoka bloodworks,justless tedious and annoying.
  8. MotionBlured

Nobodies mentioned the obvious impact this would have. 1 random player could go to one of the many empty bases, flip the point, and essentially guarantee the base with no counter available. By the time someone sees the base flipping, spawn at the next closest base, and drives to the attacked base, it's now in enemy hands.

You've just made ghost capping 10x easier.
    • Up x 1
  9. iller

We can already do this.... I was helping to "turn hossin blue" the other night by zipping around in an ESF flipping points and then leaving the hex as quickly as possible. The trick here is: you can usually redeploy to a losing (contested by an enemy) Hex with under 55% of your faction's total pop from pretty much anywhere on the map ... but only IF there is actually an enemy presence there.

If there's no enemy, then there there's no 45% enemy < 55% ally math to allow the re-deploy and the only way to stop that empty-zone cap is to fly there. Outfits can sometimes abuse this math as well at certain bases where random Pubbers have no chance of getting the point back either b/c the point itself is too close to where they can park that platoon's Sundy, or both spawn rooms are too far from the point for Pubbers to take it back. In this sense, bad pubbers can actually prevent better coordinated Platoons from deploying from accross the map, forcing them all into Galaxies or for all of their Squad leads to put down Beacons to get their "quality men" in the nick of time to recap the point.
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

All this would mean is the Zerg wins all the time, every single time, without even being inconvenienced. :confused:

I suspect it would turn PS2 into a game of Ghost-Zergs passing in the night very quickly.
  11. MotionBlured

The current system is still better, since the random ghost just wants easy xp. All in all, OP's idea is bad, and won't change the thing he's complaining about.
  12. iller

They only get full XP for that zone if they fly back to within range of the point at the last 10 seconds before it flips. ....very risky to do if there's any AA presence secretly moving in or much more commonly some Lockon ESF's patrolling the area. Infact a smart pilot will watch the map and notice a ghost capping pattern instantly and then usually shoot down whoever is doing it. So there is always ways to counter pretty much any kind of exploitable system. ...even ones as badly stated as the OP's initial post
  13. FateJH

That doesn't make the OP's idea any less bad.
  14. iller

I agree ... it needs to be completely different. But either way, something needs to break this farming cycle.
  15. MotionBlured

Why?
  16. GoyoElGringo

Wow, this is one of the worst suggestions I've heard. So basically, the first zerg to dig in their heels at the base wins? The defending side would actually become the attackers once the base is contested. The original attackers would just be defending, since they would essentially own the base at that point. And the defenders would be stuck trying to organize a push from a base away while the timer ticks down. All of those things sound ridiculous to me.
  17. doombro

Honestly, the more I play on Indar, the more viable this looks.