Auraxium plated knives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DemoDan, Dec 29, 2014.

1. DemoDan

Just a thought, now that there are knives that can activate to become a OHK, why dont we make the force recon directive knife a quick-activated knife? Make it something more special to strive for than a shiny new skin. (even though I got it for that exact reason :p)
    • Up x 2
  2. Xind

Honestly, I was hoping for something like a 25 damage buff. Not quite enough to be overpowered, but enough to say, My Knife is Bigger.

And to hell with OHK knives. Dumb addition.
    • Up x 1
  3. SpruceMoose

agreed that hit detection sucks

would pay SC for my old knife
    • Up x 1
  4. DemoDan

I would even be happy if they buffed the aurax knife to where it would comissioner knife like them old times
    • Up x 1
  5. Xind

As much as I would personally LOVE that, I'm sure it would cause too much rage. Imagine a knife that requires a follow up shot to kill someone? The QQ would be unimaginable...
  6. DemoDan

if only a select few had it ( and considering the requirements its safe to assume the people that have this knife are above average skill) and those select few would probably kill their targets regardless of a knife buff in most situations, the QQ ppl get is always going to be unreasonable. I don't think this a small buff would be unreasonable, but yeah i would be lying if I didn't expect masses of people to cry about it
  7. DemoDan

Also, whats your opinion on changing it so it can be activated? those knives are in the game might as well make the directive knife one right?
  8. Xind

As far as is qualify for activation. Absolutely. It takes a lot more work to earn it than to buy the Ripper. Even if it's not more powerful, it should have all the features of the Knife.
  9. Leftconsin

Unfortunately SOE has decided that this game can not be play to win. Directive weapons need to be sidegrades or downgrades (unless you are the Betelgeuse).
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

So if those people can already pull it off, there's no reason to make it easier is there?

I think it's a problem if you offer more power to the people who already are incredibly good (I'm close to my Auraxium knife btw). Saying "they can already, just make it easier" is basically saying "powerful people need more power for... reasons"

I would make the auraxium knife good, but in a completely different way. Maybe you could make it deal only 250 damage but slash 2,5x as fast, while also adding a 2x headshot multiplier when wielding. Overall you can deal more damage, but you won't be OHK'ing people as easily with tricks. It requires more consideration (which is a skillful people trait after all) but can potentially be much better.
    Other options are to add some effect to it. Add an EMP effect to the one hit for instance, it messes with their vision and aim, but doesn't mess with anything else. It helps, but it's not a straight power upgrade, especially for the people who already have an easy crossbow+knife combo or similar at the ready.
    • Up x 1
  11. DemoDan

Im not really interested in how they make it different, I'm just trying to get suggestions as to how. I think the directive rewards should have something unique and cool to strive toward besides the shiny skin. The directive weapons are just meh in the most case, they need some more wow to em
  12. EViLMinD

I completed the recon directive a few hours ago. The reward isn't such a big deal now that I have the Carver and three other knives.

Ya, I agree. The Auraxium knife should perform differently from the default knife. Especially post melee update. Doesn't need to be a significant difference. Perhaps... a slightly slower equip time for slightly more wielding power attacks or reach/range. Something. Make it harder to use yet more rewarding when it's strengths are applied properly.

All knives should perform a little different from one another. Cosmetic differences aren't enough.

Nevertheless, the Auraxium C4's unique explosion is pretty cool. Wish the damage or splash range was higher than the default, though. I'd trade a higher nanite cost for a tad more punch.
    • Up x 1