[Suggestion] The Spawn Room.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ezio91FF, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Ezio91FF

I really really hate the spawn room. Instead of beeying a zone where you get ready, organize and the push back, its more of a safezone where you just kill people who dares to enter in your crosshairs outside of it It serves no purpose in defending the base as the points are not in the spawn room. Yet people don't understand and often i have scenarios where NC have more population than my enemy and yet they just sit in the spawnroom just to be kicked out when the enemy flips the territory. This BS!

Therefore i would like the spawnrooms from PS1. It will be underground, the damage if the enemy tries to enter it will be a bit higher (so you won't be farmed by maxes ) and the most important thing: NO PROTECTIVE SHIELDS! I know you might think that spawncampers will appear but its actually quite simple to avoid them: redeploy to the nearest base.

If you do not like the idea though (not sure why) , then maybe giving some information like if i'm staying more than half a minute then giving the information like: Your faction will be really helpfull if you don't stay there . or something like that and after another 20 seconds he is still then, give him a warning, and when after another 10 seconds, it will be redeployed.

These are my ideas. What do you think about the spawn room? How can you improve it?
  2. andy_m

blah blah blah

I'm sorry, but this has been said so many times in the past twelve months. At no time has SOE taken any notice, and so it is safe to assume that the spawn room system is here to stay.

Can I suggest that, if it bugs you so much, just redeploy back to the next base and ignore what others are doing.
    • Up x 1
  3. Ezio91FF

Too bad i'm the only one who does that...
  4. uhlan

No your're not.

I do this a lot and always ask others to join me.

Sometimes it works, other times it falls on deaf ears.

I still don't understand why folks want to get farmed and stay to the last minute making vain gestures at getting the point back.

What's that saying about the definition of insanity?
  5. andy_m

There are peeps that take the law into their own hands and C-4 al the "Spawn Room Warriors." So you could try that, see if it makes you feel better.

I notice you are in an Outfit. Do they not organise events, where you al act as a team? Organised Squads and Outfits tend not to get caught up in spawn room issues, mainly because they use other spawn options...
  6. Saool

Can't say it seems in any way broken or wrong to me. If people who, collectively could bust out and save a base don't... that's there problem. It's not like taking or losing a base has any real meaning anyway, other than to keep changing the location of the fight.

Personally I love being in the spawn room with 1 min on the clock and being outpopped 80/20. The base is lost. Nothing short of a big platoon redeploy is going to save it. Yet all the moths still stick there faces out to try and get another kill. I just stand inside getting free kill after free kill, laughing, before redeploying with 15 secs on the clock.
  7. FateJH

Be the change that you want to see.
    And complain on the forums when that doesn't pan out.
  8. Goretzu

PS1 spawn rooms just stuck into PS2 wouldn't be all that great.

PS1 bases were very, very different from almost all PS2 bases (Vehicles and Air had next to no ability to camp PS1 spawn rooms, generators or control consoles - where as in PS2 they tend to be able to camp pretty much everything in many bases).

Now if they were to considered all that with PS1 spawns it would be a different thing, but they'd basically be re-designing the whole game again (and I suspect they won't).

Also I've still only ever seen people not leave PS2 spawn rooms a few times (literally 2 or 3) when they had the numbers to take back a base.
    99% of the time people are standing in the spawn room because they are outnumbered (or outgunned, or both) enough that they die within 0 to 10 seconds of leaving the spawn room (which is right back to bad base design).
    Which suggests to me that it really is a problem with people being bothered by it, so much as a gameplay problem as such, and most idea to change that just buff the Zerg (and punish the outnumbered)......... which really, really will not be good for the game.
    • Up x 1
  9. Slamz

I did like the PS1 system better. Typically:

* Overwhelming attackers end up taking over the spawn room and destroying it
    * Base takeover timers were typically longer than in PS2
    * Base owners must bring in vehicles, including AMSs, for a counter-push from the outside to try and save their base

I feel this lead to better action overall, though I would retain PS2's "SCU" mechanic to avoid spawn camp situations. Take the SCU to shut down the spawn room, forcing the base owners to bring up AMSs, and extend the takeover timer for bases like this.

PS1 was all about the counter-attack. You lost your spawn room and you counter-attacked from outside.
    PS2 has made it all about the spawn-camp. You can't kill the spawn room so you MUST lock them in there with bombardments.
    • Up x 1
  10. asmodraxus

Why the developers thought that the defenders would be able to push out of a spawn room that can be easily camped by tanks, air craft, buggies, sunderers, max units infantry is beyond me.

The player knew what would happen on day two, well day one. Attack base, camp spawn room until the SCU can (if) be blown up.

Until spawn rooms can be destroyed, then spawn rooms will have to be camped. This leads to tedium waiting on the timer for ironically for both sides when camping (including those inside the invulnerable shields), instead of defending against counter attacks against the AMS's formed by the previous defenders.

PS1 bases were well designed with the spawn rooms and the generators (which could be destroyed even before the base hacked) generally far down in the bowels of the base.
    But the spawn tubes could be blown by attackers stopping players spawning in, generators could be destroyed stopping everything in the base working, health terminals, equipment terminals, vehicle terminals and spawn tubes working.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

Yeah this was the thing with PS1, even a Zerg had a hard time getting into the generator and spawns usually, and couldn't bring overwhelming vehicles or aircraft to bear (or indeed MAXs necessarily - given that people had to spec into them and not everyone did).

In PS2 the same system would just have the spawns blown with the defenders being able to do nothing (at all) about it in most bases and simply twiddling their thumbs at the next base waiting to be kicked out by the Zerg again (to wait at the next, next base twiddling their thumbs rinse and repeat).

PS1 was just better designed in that context, or at least very differently designed; it was hard to enter a base generally, it was harder still to fight your way to the generator and spawn tubes.... and the control console could be rehacked in seconds losing ALL your capture time (which was, of course, much longer than PS2's)........ in PS1 it was very possible to hold off Zergs.

In PS2 the Zerg just wins in most bases, and with a much, much, much easier fight than in PS1, and just sticking PS1 style spawns in, or indeed just adding a SCU at every base, would just make it even easier for the Zerg to keep on rolling.

Which would simply break the game, causing servers with one-sided population issues to die within months IMO, which is why I am massively wary of these ideas, as they seem likely to cause massive gameplay problems for something that is currently just irritating to some at times.
    • Up x 1