[Suggestion] Can TR Have Our Trait Back?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by QuantumSerpent, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Pat22

Except NC's 200 damage tier. The day VS / TR get a 200 damage weapon, the tears of NC will flood Auraxis.
    • Up x 2
  2. Leftconsin

That's right. Does anyone care that VS also has 750 RPM weapons? Until recently the PPA was a fast firing high magazine capacity weapon. I couldn't think of anything more TR than the old PPA.
    • Up x 3
  3. Pat22

Didn't the old PPA fire at like 2 or 300 RPM?
    Also I'd be more annoyed about the VS' 845 weapons than the 750 ones. Actually not even. Thinking about it now, it's not that the NC and VS have a couple 845 guns, ( even though the GD-7F is clearly the best CQC carbine and the Orion is definitely in the top LMGs ) but rather that the TR have so few and that most of their weapons are at 750 RPM. Seems to me most of the TR weaponry should be at varying degrees of higher-than-750.
    • Up x 5
  4. Foxirus

Just saying, You TR aren't the only ones are are getting shafted on their faction trait. You outta be glad you have it in pretty much everything else.
  5. Leftconsin

We need the faction traits to be more emphasized. The copypasta weapons have created too much blending between the factions.
    • Up x 6
  6. Mythologicus

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  7. QuantumSerpent

RoF debuff, yes. Accuracy debuff, no. Accuracy is closely related to NC's trait of high damage, and should be kept.
    • Up x 1
  8. Bankrotas

So where's your comparison of ammo in a mag and DPM?
  9. QuantumSerpent

(Not sure if you're asking why increase amount of ammo or the exact proportion?)
    If we take a hypothetical weapon:
    10 rounds
    100 RPM
    100 damage

And change it to
    200 RPM
    50 damage

It now has 50% less ammo in a magazine. Which is what I'd propose doing to certain weapons, like those that might drop to 112 or even 100 damage per bullet. If that 100-per-bullet weapon used to be 125, with a 40-round magazine, we then need to increase the magazine size to 50 so the DPM is the same.

Exact proportion of increase is (old damage)/(new damage).
  10. Bankrotas

No, I'm asking - where is your comparison of Damage per Mag for weapons that you compared RoF of?
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

That trait on TR's Carbines and AR's is ridiculously good....

NC Only
    200x30 = 6000

TR Only
    35x176=5845
    40x143=5720

NC and only the Pulsar C or Corvus (LOL) on VS
    30x167=5010

TR Only
    125x40=5000

NC only
    24x200=4800

All but the Pulsar C/Carvus on VS and only the GD-7F, GR-22, and Carnage
    30x143=4290

However the NC don't really suffer much from lower damage per magazine since 167x30 guns make up half of the advantage that the TR get over VS 143 guns and the TROSS is actually the king of damage per magazine for AR's/Carbines.
    • Up x 2
  12. QuantumSerpent

No comparison. Our faction trait is RoF. Damage per mag remains unchanged through this. (If you think the trait is DPM:
    -TR max: 14300, Auraxium 21450 (CARV/Butcher)
    -NC max: 20000, Auraxium 30000 (SAW/GODSAW)
    )
    • Up x 1
  13. Bankrotas

I never stated it. However, you did:

That is why I am asking, why you didn't at same time not do a comparison of ammo per mag and DPM?
  14. Bankrotas

VS faction trait used to be slower but larger damage degradation over range, meaning, VS weapons did more damage in ranges up to 70-80 meters then went lower by a damage tier or so.
    AFAIR: Solstice did damage 143 @ 10m to 100 @ 100m (or was it 110 meters).
    VS did whine about it a ****loads and devs changed damage profile to TR style and that's why VS don't have their own faction flavour. Your own faction asked to take it away from them.
    • Up x 2
  15. QuantumSerpent

Ah. I just meant that the amount of ammo per magazine goes along with the high RoF--higher damage per mag would be a direct, non-situational advantage, so I don't think it should be buffed. Hence why I just kept it up to par with current.
  16. WUNDER8AR

higher rof equals worse controlability/accuracy (bloom) so we should be careful with that. I'd rather the large mag trait would be a little bit more pronounced, especially in the LMG category. 75 rounds should be the bare minimum for TR LMGs Imo. Carbines and ARs could do w/ 45. increase reload speeds accordingly. and idk why sniper rifles are completely left out of the equation when it comes to ES traits. sure it's a difficult thing to balance but really it'd be so much more interesting if the VS actually had no bullet drop at the expense of say super low velo. TR would have 10 round mags in their BASRs with the highest rof but fastest damage drop off and NC would have no damage drop off at all with a little bit more bullet drop or something.
  17. Foxirus

That was them and this is me. I never had a chance to voice my concerns on what I wanted. I want a heat mechanic ammo type!
    • Up x 3
  18. Pat22

As a general rule, the faction traits are presented the most in the stock guns, or specialty guns ( MCG, Railjack, Lancer, that sort of thing ). Most other weapons are copy-pastes of each other on most factions, with very small variations.
  19. MarkAntony

All this data shows is how easy you can manipulate numbers to make a point. You certainly are good at cherrypicking your weapons. And of course you leave out the 33.3% more mag size for TR guns (that aren't lmg) and even more for the high damage guns you compare as they have less bullets in the mag(again that aren't lmg). So every TR gun gets more damage per mag on the same damage tier. But how else are you supposed to make a point where there isn't one other than by manipulating numbers and "forgetting" other variables.

the total damage per shot and the % difference is completely irrelevant. What matters is how many shots it takes to kill (watch that percentage shrink) and how long it takes to fire those shots.(and there it vanishes. like a magic trick) TTK in short. That's what weapons are balanced around (mostly).

This thread is literally pointless.
    • Up x 1
  20. Isokon

The problem was that the old mechanic was not a real advantage unless both guns dropped at least two damage tiers over range (carbines). For ARs and LMGs you had no TTK difference up to ~65m and you had worse TTK after ~75m. Having a TTK advantage in the 65m-75m bracket does not make for a worthwhile faction trait.