Identity Crisis

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Einharjar, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Bankrotas

The only problem I have with liking it, is trying to force it onto PS2. I don't believe they're good or would work at all in this game nor have aged well enough to be considered to port without streamlining them quite heavily.
  2. Bankrotas

I have never properly played BF to know the difference. But I do not believe high player count Planetside 1 is viable in current FPS market with current production costs. Sure there is space on player base, but not enough profit-wise to make ****** FPS mechanic based, badly aged, tedious game for current generation of gamers (not the young ones, but old ones that don't have time to play as much tediously putting so much time into the game just to do simple things, that can be streamlined).
    Sure. I might be happy with more complexity in PS2, but my vision of complexity comes from resource management down to every single ******* bullet.
  3. ZBrannigan

you don't believe it's viable? is this like the marketing guys saying 'space' sims weren't viable? hence the 10 year drought, because 60 mill + for star citizen sounds very viable. now they're adding 'pets' because they have so much money.
    not the same game.......... but it shows why i don't really put much faith in others beliefs......... especially in regard to what i am willing to pay for/want.
    and in terms of tediousness, explain how farming simulator is on its '2015' version (being released yearly since 2012) and makes 'enough' money.......... maybe not the maximum amount of money a game could make, but still profitable enough to continue an annual release schedule.
    i'd say thats tedious, but i can't deny it's existence............. and it shouldn't exist given " tedious game for current generation of gamers". lack of viability etc etc
    people don't think it's tedious and do pay for it.