[Suggestion] Heat mechanic guns are OP!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GImofoJoe, Dec 27, 2014.

1. lothbrook

Indefinite burst fire, you could upgrade it so sustained fire was substantially longer, there were different types of ammo that had heat benefits or negatives, like explosive rounds, acid, or hammerhead rounds ect... basically you could do more than shooty shooty bang bang reload, course it took some thought and effort so i could see how the morons just wanted to shooty shooty bang bang. Most people are too stupid to see that hitting the heat barrier was basically just reloading anyways, but man he didn't eject his mag and slap in a new one and say "RELOADING" So dudebro.
    • Up x 2
  2. Saool

Again your estimation and calculator game play wildly over exaggerate the guns capabilities. Two... if you are lucky. And they are not heavies popping shields. Three and you are going for your pistol.
    • Up x 1
  3. No_STG

Player ineptitude is OP! Nerf it now. I call for a buff! Recently started a TR and I would like the T9 CARV to have 150 rounds in the mag by default, 200 preferably, gimme more dakka! That gun is seriously satisfying, and have had no problems taking out Orion/Betelgeuse babbies 0.75 ADS or not.
  4. FrozenCustard

Come on, what kind of advantage do the NC/TR weapons have over the default? At least for the carv and god saw there is pretty much zero reason to use them over the default. Just look at the KPU of the VS LMG and compare it to TR/NCs one.
  5. pnkdth

Not surprising.

I imagine most players who manage to get the auraxium weapons have learned good fire discipline, thus the heat mechanic is a very good trait. If you go full auto, yes, the carbines and ARs only have 25 shots per "mag", but why would you go full auto for 25 shots in a row?

Let's drop the faction bias nonesense here just admit NC/TR got shafted with their auraxium weapons. Rather than nerfing an interesting mechanic that works for VS why not look at ways to make the NC/TR weapons more desireable? Why must every single response on these forums be "NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRFFFFFF!!!"
    • Up x 3
  6. Get2dachoppa

Except for the Phaseshift.....at the bottom third of all sniper rifles in Kill Per Hour stats.
    • Up x 1
  7. Saool

That is a perfectly valid point, and one of which I totally agree on. However it has nothing to do with this thread really.
  8. Saool

I give you....
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...erate-auraxium-weapons-true-rail-guns.204977/

Also check out the other links there as there are suggestions for both TR and tweaks to Vanu.
  9. Xasapis

From personal experience (having them all unlocked), the Eclipse and the Darkstar are simply bad weapons, the smaller magazine size merely exacerbates a problem of putting a small magazine size in a gun that is already bad. Terminus and Zenith are, imo obviously, the best VS AR and carbine and I will stick with them once I finish the painful task of auraxium the garbage that is the Eclipse and Darkstar (Darkstar more of a garbage than the Eclipse).

The Betelgeuse is a stock Orion with no attachments and 40 bullets instead of 50. It is the only weapon that is not inherently bad, which obviously make it the only weapon worth striving for as a directive award. This is the only reason it stands out, plus the experience of the people that have gained the directive awards, obviously. If Betelgeuse was garbage tier as a weapon, regardless of heat, then making this pointless thread would be of an equal value as making a thread claiming bullet drop is op.
  10. LordTankT9

I wish TR had no reload heat gun, like N-7 Assault Rifle in Mass Effect 1. It's spews lead, it's weak, it's overheats.
  11. Xasapis

I wish VS had one too :)
  12. TheKhopesh

Someone doesn't aim for headshots... ;)
  13. Saool

Meh, I have an average gun accuracy of around 18.5%. 19% with the Battlegoose. I do try for head shots, but mostly just focus on hitting then full stop. But if your argument is going to be based on the performance of the top say, 10% gunners who have a very high head shot accuracy then fair enough. I'd just say what about the other 90% of us?
  14. FrozenCustard

I'm not saying this about every player who have all five LMG's auraxiumed, but I wouldn't find it too off for most of them to be above average from the rest and to be able to get those head shots. On the most part, only the most experienced players would have these.
  15. Xasapis

Directive weapons is exactly the same as high BR. It is a measure of time spent, not skill.
  16. FrozenCustard

A high BR can be achieved through multiple ways such as playing support and not getting many kills. The only way to get an auraxium weapon is through getting kills, and therefore after getting those kills your accuracy improves and are above average. So those with these weapons will have higher than average aiming and skill. It's really kind of suspicious that the betelgeuse is miles ahead of the carver and godsaw in terms of KPU while all the other auraxium ones are more or less equal.
    • Up x 2
  17. Shanther

People need to stop saying this because it is not true. It has the exact same stats as a stock Orion. If anything it is actually LESS accurate then the Orion because it doesn't have a foregrip.

Not really because most of the good VS HA's all switched to the Betelgeuse. More people are using it compared to the Godsaw and Butcher. Hell just look at Dasanfall stats.

Butcher Kill Leaderboard:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=1924

Godsaw Kill Leaderboard:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=1879

Betelgeuse Kill Leaderboard:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item_leaderboard.php?query=1894
  18. tf2hero

hmm OP you apeer to halve planetsideitis a horrible mental problem where you complain about everything and say everything is op.
    more on topic the fact that heat weapons are OP do not stand up because of 2 reasons. #1 you are more likely to die before you run out of ammo. #2 the heat weapons halve less ammo per clip than there counterparts.
  19. FrozenCustard

Your right, it is really kind of suspicious that the betelgeuse is miles ahead of the carver and godsaw in terms of playtime.
  20. Foxirus

This entire thread is simply "HE KILLED ME WITH AN ORION! IT HAS UNLIMITED AMMO? TIME TO GO ***** ON THE FORUMS CAUSE I DIED."

Anyone who thinks you are going to survive long enough for the unlimited ammo to become OP is truly ignorant. So far the biggest weakness is that you can get one confirmed kill and MAYBE a second before risking an overheat. Reloading is still done on this gun.