Why is there no good players in the MBT and ESF tr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Help2014, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Help2014

Why is there no good players in the MBT and ESF tr ?

I play on emerald 60% of the time of tr, I see the best in the esf are nc Prey, Qry..., the best in the mbt are nc Tiw, there is also the outfit c150 very good at liberator.
    In vs there are good pilots in esf and mbt, I do not remember the name of the outfits.
    But at TR is very different, the piltos are few, there are no good players in mbt lack skill and strategy. I believe that the only good outfit tr in esf is the '' N '' and mbt is the Ecus.
    The rest of the time I play nc, and notice that there is a big difference in the ability of the players nc and vs in relation to tr.
    I know there are some good random players at tr, but it's too little, in general nc weapons vs and tr are balanced, but overall the tr players are bad.
  2. LordTankT9

TR is only good, as teamwork goes, we benefit most of all factions. No need of 1 super-man, when 10 average joes can to do things better.
    • Up x 1
  3. Help2014

You play in emerald ? Because I notice that tr is just the spawn does not help those who are being attacked in the air.
  4. RaTzo

Prey are VERY good. However, consider that the Reaver is balanced above the Mossie, and below the Scythe. I'm not taking away from Prey at all, but if you are observing them against TR mostly or only then you have a biased view. Even my beginner's Reaver can take out all but the very best TR pilots without much trouble.

LOL!!! TY I needed that good laugh. If you mean they run lockon gank squads and so get a lot of kills equates to them being good then I guess you're right.. .however I have a slightly different definition of the word.

One thing I might suggest is a problem for TR air is that TR ground doesn't seem to use AA against our enemies.... once or twice a week AT MOST do I ever get help from ground (flak, lockons, anything...) while I can't fly in the next zone over from an NC or VS population without having these things spammed at me... and VERY SELDOM do I have an A2A fight where I'm not hit by one or more ground lockons.

It is frustrating to fight to protect our ground troops when they couldn't care less about offering any support in the effort. So the good TR pilots are probably not seen by you very often.
    • Up x 1
  5. Takara

RAH YOU ARE ALL INFERIOR TO VANU!

*coughs* Now that I got my empire bravado out of the way....TR have plenty of good pilots. And some pretty good prower drivers. I get caught by them now and then. I've had some hard days thanks to a few groups of well organized Skeeter groups. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

I fly a lib A LOT I would respectfully say I'm up there in skill rank when it comes to lib piloting. But I'm limited in my ability to deal with ESF's there I'm limited by my gunner. Who is fairly good, but he still hasn't mastered the art of hitting planes with the bomber seat. And frankly neither half I but I just don't get time in the gunner seat to practice. Lib crews are generally pretty tight nitch and you just about never let a random person in your lib :p

ESF wise I would say I'm moderate, I'm slightly better than average but air jocks just always out maneuver me. I can't pull the moves on a consistent basis. But I generally understand this weakness and simply rely on my afterburners to try and find another friendly scythe/lib or skyguard to assist me. And i always jump into the fray to try and assist another aircraft in the idea that clear skies are better then kill stealing. *Shrugs* I usually end up wreckage though :p
  6. NoctD

Its not even just ground troops that don't support you - I've seen Mossies continue to focus on rocket podding and fail to support their own air when enemy air shows up!
    • Up x 3
  7. Hoki

I don't play everyday, and I'm not in an outfit, and I'm not a dedicated anything, and when I do tank I'm a solo tanker, but when I do, they remember my name.
  8. Takara

Who?
    • Up x 2
  9. Hoki

I'm also not twelve.
  10. z1967

TR seems to attract more middle of the road (not bad, not good) players than VS or NC. The result is we have a lot of decent outfits that aren't famous for anything while the VS and NC have a combination of leetfits and zergfits with very few outfits inbetween.
  11. RaTzo

Funny you should say that...

When I've got 3 scythes on me there is seldom a Mossie around to help, BUT if I'm chasing one and it is smoking they'll be running into me trying to get the kill. :)

A lot of the TR pilots are good guys, this is a generalization but comes true several times a night anyway. :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Takara

No you are BR91! All in good jest sir!
    • Up x 1
  13. Takara

I do this when I have my PPA equipped I know I won't stand a chance against certain people I know by name. So I will attempt a ram :p Better they are out of the sky for a few min and let the rest of my purple people eaters get some good scythe work in then me fartting around and feeding your stats ^.^
  14. RaTzo

LOL I NEVER get rammed by scythes....

/sarcasm

Seems like every middling Scythe pilot on Emerald has learned to stop suddenly and pitch up in order to cause a ram at the first sign of trouble.

Had a guy try to ram me 3 times yesterday, so on the 4th time I just jumped out and let him. Then he ranted at me! LOL!!! It is good to get giggles while playing.

As much as I hate bailers, I've started running LA in order to bail for lockon squads and rammers. Yes I loose my mossie but at least the attacker doesn't get a kill for their unskilled attack. NOTE: some ramming does take skill, I've actually congratulated people on an impressive ram... lol as funny as that sounds.
  15. Takara

When I fly my lib I always love when I get a cocky Skeeter or Reaver who charges me with their afterburners on. I will often stop mid air so they ram into my *** or simply annihilate them with my TB and fly through the reckage. Sometimes I just tap em with my TB before I drive my cockpit through their ESF and watch the parts rain down to the battlefield below with some giggles as you said. Then as I'm recovering from the crazy spin I hear the distinct sound of a Humpback whale before I suddenly get crushed by a Galaxy.
  16. RaTzo

Oh how I would love to see a Lib get rammed by a Gal. :)

One of the MANY things that are wrong with the Air game is ramming... ramming between ESFs is bad enough, but when friendly Gals and Libs can simply fly through a cloud of friendly ESFs without a care in the world it REALLY burns me.

Balance between ESFs and Libs is very hard to get right I think. However, right now if I am flying with just the Rotary or Needler (90% of my flying time) I have to attack a Lib PERFECTLY to get the kill, but they can simply tap me or dalton me by luck and I'm gone in an instant. I have to fly perfectly for 3-5 mins while attacking this thing that can one shot me, but it can simply just keep trying to ram me.

I know someone is going to say that if you get rammed by a Lib it is your fault. To that person I say you have zero or next to zero experience trying to kill a Lib with an ESF.

At the VERY LEAST Libs should take massive damage when they ram an ESF.

Preferably I would have SOE take ramming out of the game altogether. Even on the ground it is bad because vehicles just run people over without a care. I spent VERY little time on the ground so it isn't an issue to me, but I can just imagine what a pain it is for infantry who walk most of the time.
  17. Takara

On the ground it's fair game to be quite honest. Infantry can fight back plenty and have plenty of ways to keep you from squishing them. But my personal best is six people in one pass. I was getting chased in my Harasser by another Harasser...I took a corner well my gunner was shooting at the Harasser behind us...I just saw this massive group of TR maxs/Medics/Engis all repping and healing eachother. I just hit the nitro and power slid through the group. It was soooo hilarious to me to think of that one engi left alive well the corpse he was repairing lay ground into paste by my tires a second later.

*has mental image of some guy leaning over with a wrench fixing a max only to see an orange blurr and the sound of the Duke boys YEEEEEEAHAAAWWW and suddenly the engineer is all alone wondering where his friends went. Meanwhile....I'm complaining to my gunner how the Harasser needs some unnerfed windshield wipers to deal with these crazy MAX flies!

Also...I've have two road kills with my Magrider vs Reavers and one skeeter! Never fly at my mag when there is a nice ramp like hill between us!
    • Up x 1
  18. Trebb

I honestly don't know if reavers are > Mossies, but for the few times I do fly, and try to help out a 1v1 ESF fight with my GAL, the reaver wins 99% of the time. I almost never see a mossie win. It very well could be that we have no dedicated 'super pilots'. Most of the time we just have 3+ PREY guys camping the warpgate. Good luck surviving long enough to 'get better and turn into a sky god'.

I used to be motivated to try to get better at ESF fights, but the standard Reaver tactic of 'sneak up and one clip' is just too frustrating(doesn't help that I hear scythes/mossies for miles, but never a reaver engine until they're 5m away). Now I just ram you idiots with my GAL ;)
  19. K2k4

I don't fly. Never have, never intended to. I believe there are a lot of other tr players on emerald who share this sentiment because I see a lot of foot zergs. This could be a balance issue but it's likely just because of coincidence. Many TR are using harassers right now but the mbt should work better so i imagine that people will switch back sooner or later.
  20. Alarox