Have chargers stopped dropping?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blippy, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Blippy

It seems that since the last patch that broke alerts and knife hitboxes, chargers appeared to have stopped dropping. I've managed to maintain between 80,000 and 90,000 energy, but fell down to below 70,000 in just two days because I haven't received a single charger to maintain the energy.

I have enough energy to maintain implants for a good while, but I want to know if I'm just getting extremely unlucky or if charger drops broke too.
    • Up x 2
  2. Leftconsin

I'm fairly certain the changes to knife hitboxes was intentional.
    As for chargers... the bugs man. This game... you can't play for more than 5 minutes without having some bug come and ruin your day.
    • Up x 1
  3. Blippy

You don't always have to do something unintentionally to break it.
  4. Vango

I still have chargers dropping for me,though the quantity seems to be a bit less and instead i get a bit more t2 implant drops.
    Its way too early to say if it is just random chance or effect of the patch thogh.
  5. ReinhardtGfC

I have also noticed less charger drops. Thought I was just being paranoid.
    • Up x 1
  6. Flamberge

Same here. I turned off auto charge because I was actually getting so low.

However, I think the reason that is for me is that I spent a lot of time hunting snowmen, which doesn't exactly generate a lot of chargers.
  7. Xind

Charges and implants in general appear to be dropping significantly less frequently. Also, power consumption is up due to a increased usage of higher level implants. I no longer have any level 1 implants in circulation. I'm sure the added consumption also helps chargers drop rate seem to have fallen even lower.
  8. Blippy

I still get implant drops occasionally, but I have not received one single charger since the latest patch.
  9. JudgeNu

I have gotten a few chargers.
    I have all the lvl3 implants I could want.
    Therefore I could take my drops and make chargers.
    I always had enough energy.

However.
    Since the lvl4-5 implants I am left with a dilemma.
    I have zero energy left.

I either just live off of the chargers that drop and save them to make lvl4-5 implants or I just continue on as usual.
    I haven't noticed implant drop like I used to because I turned off the UI notifications and they aren't as apparent.

I have chosen the former.
    Mostly because I feel like they want me to buy implant packs.
    I wont gamble with my money.
  10. Jac70

I have noticed drops have become much less common, my charger supply is slowly ticking away. Eventually it will reach the point where I have to either go without an implant or spend actual money on a charger pack - which is I guess the entire point of the implant system.
  11. Azarga

Indeed less charger drops. Good thing I stocked them Ultras.
  12. HadesR

Yeah charger drops do seem to have been lowered ... They took a nose dive at the same time hit detection did ..
    • Up x 1
  13. Ragnarox

SOE anounced that they will shut down this game due revamp and will rename it to "Bugside 3: Hit the alert"
  14. Pikachu

I still get chargers. :)
  15. TheAcidpiss

Its true, I just started a new char last week or so. Im around BR50 on my VS char, but got tired of the massive zerg easy mode of being VS so I made a NC char.

I had no problem with implants and charges from the get go on that char, even when I was a complete noob. I have easily 30+ charges sitting on that char.

But now with my new char, even though im 10x better and aware of what is going on and needs to be done and my SPM ect is a lot better than on my first char, I seem to run out of charges so quick now that when I go outside for a smoke I cant leave him AFK any more for fear of coming back with no implant energy, and I did that all the time on my VS guy for around 5 mins each time...

Another thing ive noticed ( but honestly haven't paid to much attention) is that my charge rate seems to go down 1 charge per second even though I am using implants that take .5 or .75 seconds a charge.

I could be wrong about that last thing, but one thing I know for sure is that charges are not dropping like they used too...
  16. andy_m

I'm still getting the odd charger, but I too feel that the frequency that they drop has, erm... dropped.

Previously, I struggled to drop below 300 chargers, although I only use tier 2 implants.

I am now below 280 chargers.

When they run out I guess I'll have to start using my stock of Ultra Chargers, currently sitting at 14 in number LOL
  17. Atis

same here, noticed significant decrease in implants/charges drop, seems alike another ninja nerf for sales sake.
  18. Saool

'Features' my good man, 'Features' designed to keep the fight interesting. "I wonder how physics on Auraxis will have changed today. Oh the excitement!"
    • Up x 2
  19. ronjahn

I turned off the notification so I don't know. I did check how many I had and I think I'm probably set for awhile. 393 regular chargers, 57 ultra chargers, and so many tier 1 implants that I could turn them into whatever I want whenever I need them. Oh and I'm using all the tier 4s that I can and tier 3 on those that I can't.

A friend of mine said his implant energy has been running lower than usual so there certainly seems to be something going on. Glad I took a few hours to turn all of my implants into ultra chargers at one point a few months ago.
  20. Saool

Last night I ran out of charge for the first time in ages. I've not actually taken note of drops or any lack thereof, but after reading this thread I really took note when it hit 0.