WTF is going on? (lag video)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Taris26, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Taris26

This is just ridiculos. I have low ping and good connection but planetside 2 is lagging. I have good fps. But somehow its unplayable. Please exlain how this is possible? HOW CAN I FIX THIS???????
  2. volth

Server lag?
  3. Taris26

are you serious? I have this all the time. sometimes everything is flying. People are disapearing. I see them 1 second and then they are completly gone. The server isn't even full on population! Sometimes i have absolutly no problem in 96 vs. 96 battles. So this can't be true then...
    • Up x 1
  4. day ofm one

The game is just unplayable at the moment...

I keep being instagibbed and enemies still stand after I got 20 hitmarkers on them.
  5. thenewbie

Three words: Good job, SOE.
  6. Merakov

Same issue with me...
    No latency issues
    Connection :Good (in green)
    No FPS issues
    Players and Vehicles warping through the map
    Delayed Abilities
    Delayed Consumables - med kits ,resto kits etc.
    Random "Restricted territory" announces
    there are several threads like this one and SOE hasnt repsonded to any of them.I hope this for the reason that they are too busy with fixing the problem so they dont have the time to respond.But I fear that the staff is on a holiday leave.
    Whats the most frustrating thing for me is that its finaly the holidays and I have all the free time to play PS2 and I cant.If they are on vacation they should say so..atleast then I wont have to check the forums every 20 min to see If someone responded or fixed the problem.Keeping quiet is the worst thing of everthing
  7. Arkenbrien

The game is free to play, for sure, they just don't tell you how well it'll play. Did you all make sure to sign up for their premium access plan? For only 29.99 a month, you can get your account hooked on the 'fast track' to deliver 100% somewhat lag free gaming!
  8. Slash Hammer

So you think it's 'paytoplaylagless'? It is not. I am an All access player and I do see lag problems these days...
  9. Bovox

I had some issues the other day. Every time I looked through the sniper scope enemy character models would skip across the terrain back n forth vanishing between the skips, making it impossible to hit. It only happened when I looked through the scope, kinda funny.

That and still the occasional disconnect from the game. :(
  10. Merakov

Hey when I changed my power plan to "high performance" it kinda fixed the issue I still get it but it goes away after a while like a minute or two .You can try it
    Control Panel > Power Option > High Performance and then reboot PC
    Mine was on Balanced
  11. Coldmeister

This issue is known as Desync because essentially the server and your client are de-synchronized. There are already other threads about this issue, but I suggest continuing on with this because it's more recent and a lot of these issues have cropped up for people from the last couple of patches. I myself never had a problem with this issue until the patch that removed the pumpkin event. Sadly I haven't had a working game since then. I miss my Planetside 2. :(
  12. Nregroepis

It was a Vanu Sovereignty technology experiment catastrophe.
  13. tijolo

Same happens to me in 20+ players battles after the last couple of patches, plus some other similar connection issues. I could play in 96+ battles with some rare problems some time ago and the only thing that changed was the game. Wasn't there something in the update notes about a "net code optimization" or "lower bandwith quality for distant targets"?
  14. Taris26

Thank you for your advice! I have put it on max and will try it. Also i have deinstalled my App Center and all Hardware booster programs like cpu overclocking programs. (Easy tune etc.) I will now play few hours and tell you my results. Yesterday i had no no more problem with desync. The game worked perfectly.
  15. Taris26

After changing my cpu overclock settings back to normal in the bios, the game is working without desync.
    I have played on cobalt for like 3 hours and on all continents. Sometimes i was in battles with over 200 people and had no problems!!!
    If you have the same problem i had, try put all your hardware settings back, deinstall programs like easy tune and co. Also try put your energy usage on high. (control panel like said before) It seems fixed now.
  16. Arkenbrien

[IMG]

:p
    • Up x 1
  17. NoVemBer1978

Get this same trouble since 2 weeks now, i'm lagging all the time after 5 mins of playing..