[Suggestion] Moving targets in VR training

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Signalot, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Signalot

I've been wanting moving targets in VR for a while now. The lack of them makes it difficult to decide if you like the fire rate of guns you are trying out. They don't even need an AI. You could have them be solid targets moving on a set path.
    • Up x 10
  2. braytz

yes pl0x
  3. GoyoElGringo

Wasn't there talk of adding this already? It seems with the AI made for H1Z1, they could at least make some moving infantry. I'm not big on them being on rails, since that is predictable, though I'm ok with that being there as well.
  4. MarkAntony

Don't even need AI. even ones moving in straight lines or pre programmed patterns would be enough.

Make this happen Higby pls!
  5. iller

VR room also needs a damage_receivable FailSafe or something to deal with all the target Dummies that spawn without hitboxes.

First day of this latest patch, more than 2/3's of the dummies were glitched.
  6. BobSanders123

You don't even have to give them running animations. Just have them on a rail going side to side if you are that strapped for time.
  7. HLM

Something I've wanted since the day VR was introduced is hovering targets. If you want to practice shooting things in an ESF in VR, you're stuck with ground targets. Shooting at things on the ground is quite a different experience to shooting a target in the air.
    • Up x 1
  8. Smoovious

I would like to see a private instance, similar to VR, where one outfit could challenge another to a battle and have somewhere to go to carry it out.

It could be cross-faction or same-faction.

So if a VS outfit wants to challenge a TR outfit, or if a NC outfit wants to challenge another NC outfit.

Could even have more multiples, too. 3 teams, or 4 teams, with each team consisting of, say, a TR and a VS together, against a TR and an NC... or a VS, a VS, a TR, and an NC, all slugging it out 4-way... with various winning conditions, including last man standing.

Other than that tho, yeah, moving targets in VR would be real nice. Even letting us control a different faction's vehicle for training purposes would suffice.

Right now, all VR is, is basically a showroom, when it would be put to excellent use as a training facility.

-- Smoov