T4 AMP vs. Commissioner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by krokolop, Dec 25, 2014.

1. krokolop

I have the commissioner. Shall I buy T4 AMP?
  2. ReinhardtGfC

3. krokolop

4. Pat22

The TR are under the impression that just because the T4 AMP isn't quite as strong as the best faction-specific pistol in the game, the Repeater, it's not worth using at all despite still being much better than most other sidearms in the game.
    However, the Commissioner and Underboss are practically primary weapons at this point, if you can aim.
    • Up x 1
  5. CapEnTrade

T4 AMP needs 25 shots.
  6. breeje

T4 AMP is the only weapon in the game that really needs some improvements
    the only time you can kill something with it is when you are at one meter from the enemy
    and hope they don't shoot back

what improvements that are needed, this i leave to the devs and other people on this forum
    • Up x 1
  7. CapEnTrade

25 shots and slightly better bloom/recoil.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

AMP is decent if you can reliably keep your aim on your enemy for the entire mag and control the recoil while doing so.
    Best used at face range. Decent as a "Oh crap, reload" gun when your opponent is already weakened. Burst fire at ~15m+

Otherwise, i would go with commi. Its more reliable in a sustained firefight and has more range than the AMP.
    You still need to be able to aim the thing, but i feel that its more forgiving compared to the AMP.
    Its even better now that it can use scopes.

TLDR: Use Repeater.
  9. TriumphantJelly

(0)..(0)
    =====

WAT.
    • Up x 3
  10. braytz

the amp is the best of the last ES pistols released, but the commy is still the best secondary for everyone.
  11. _itg

You don't need the AMP because it's good in the same situations the Repeater is good, but it's theoretically worse than the Repeater in almost every way. I've heard of people who like the AMP better than the Repeater because they feel they can move better with it in CQC, since they just have to hold down the trigger. Basically, if you're more comfortable with full auto fire than with burst fire, you may prefer the AMP. Or not.
    • Up x 1
  12. TheBurningLegion

I've never used the AMP, but then again I've rarely used the Repeater outside of "oh sh*t!" Range. Therefore, what's wrong with the T4 AMP?
  13. breeje

yes the only one that needs a big improvement
    I'm not saying that other weapons don't need some small tweaks
  14. Hoki

emperor, magshot, and manticore are what the hip kids use

amp is just bad. you are bad. stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life
    • Up x 1
  15. NoctD

Beyond the performance improvements, the AMP just looks wrong/funny in your hands - the model is so weird.
    • Up x 1
  16. TriumphantJelly

ZOE PPA ETC
  17. breeje

i knew you would bring up the PPA and ZOE
    we don't need to ask what faction you prefer

to bad your PPA was nerfd but i think it's OK, not the best and not the worst weapon
    and do we really want the ZOE from PS1 back ?
    as a vanu i would say yes, as a all faction player i say no and you know why

when the PPA was nerfed i supported the vanu
    when the spiker needed a upgrade i supported the vanu again
    because i knew the spiker was sht
    now why cant you do the same if you know the AMP is totally sht
  18. S0LAR15

It's this kind of ******ation that makes the official forums a place the devs fear to actually converse with anyone in.
  19. jiggu

I don't understand why they even made the damn gun in the first place. It fills the exact same role as the Repeater, it will either be better, or worse than the Repeater, and if it's inbetween it's still a waste of money since the Repeater is free.
    • Up x 1
  20. Xind

I own both. Actually, I own several pistols. The AMP is fun. As an ambush weapon, it's small clip and rough bloom isn't really a problem, you can suddenly murder someone with it no problem. The issue occurs if you ambush a heavy with situational awareness or reflexes, there shield and a minor amount of strafing will be a problem. Also, I've found that in Infiltrator wars, the kill speed of the Commiss or a OHK knife outshines it somewhat.

I should also note, that as a backup weapon, I think the AMP outshines the Commissioner if your primary weapon already does a lot of damage, like a shotgun or such and all you need to do is a sliver of damage in a panic. Aiming the commissioner and missing in the heat of the moment is extremely easy and frequently does so much overkill when you're switching weapons because of an empty primary mag.

Primary Weapon = SMG, LMG, AR = Commissioner
    Primary Weapon = Shotgun = AMP

Conclusion: Buy it because it's fun. Use it because it's neat. But when you have work you need to accomplish, other weapons are superior choices.
    • Up x 1