Alerts: VS>TR>NC! Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hoki

Outfits, in the beginning more of the hardcore gamer clans chose VS. I thought this was well known.
  2. Chewy102

To the NC outfits on Emerald that want to make a better faction.

There is no way to do that without working together in some form or another. Waterson NC outfits did this, Matherson outfits did this, and Emerald outfits need to do this. Lets make it happen again. The tools are already there. Made by the players and for this very reason. To be a better faction and to make us a CONGLOMERATE instead of a cluster ****.

http://www.ncheadquarters.com/

It worked before. We can make it work again.
  3. Sebastien

Right, so if we apply stereotypes to every Faction, we get VS as the Euphoric, Fedora Tipping, Supreme Gentleman, Enlightened Atheist, Wizard Mode, Pony ****ers.
    TR are boot licking apologists with no control over their lives so they subconsciously revert to a hierarchy where all their choices are made for them and the only thing they have to worry about is to wear the Maroon Camo or the Burgundy Camo and whether or not mom is going to bring them hot pockets.
    • Up x 1
  4. Goretzu

Maybe, but VS was underperforming for quite a while generally (after their intial Magrider success), on my own server TR won almost every alert for years, but recently VS has been winning most too.
  5. Goretzu

Honestly that seems like the most likely explaniation (or a large part of it) as it still doesn't seem to be normalising at all:

VS 497 - 43.5%
    TR 358 - 31.0%
    NC 238 - 21.0%
    Draw 50 - 4.5%
  6. Giasira

Started playing about a month ago, picked VS without doing much (if any) research because i figured TR was the kind of faction "everyone" would like to play, what with the dark, gloomy, warhammer 40K-esque design, i judged NC to be the kind of "f yeah, lets go blow **** up"-kind of faction with a corresponding demographic, and VS to be kind of the "odd one out" of the three, what with people generally looking down on purple spandex and the whole magic sci-fi aspect in a world where CoD and BF are the top multiplayer team shooters.

On Miller (EU) i feel that there is generally alot of organization going on in the VS faction during alerts. I usually just join a free platoon slot in an outfit and just do whatever the guy on command chat is saying, and it seems to work well, since people generally seem to follow orders. I don`t know if other factions organize in this manner, but having played quite a few alerts i feel there`s kind of this organized "culture" in the VS.
  7. Linedan

I realize this is a bit of a thread necro but I went back to ps2alerts.com and checked the stats again. All alert wins as of 2200 ET on 12/23:

Total: 1381
    VS: 598 (43.3%)
    TR: 424 (30.7%)
    NC: 298 (21.6%)

Dominations are even worse:
    Total: 18
    VS: 13
    TR: 4
    NC: 1

The one thing I would love is to be able to see those alert stats broken out by server. I would really like to see if Emerald's performance with VS being so dominant and NC being so derpy skews the results, and if so, how badly. It would not surprise me if VS won close to 60% of all Emerald alerts. At least 50%, for sure.
    • Up x 1
  8. QuantumSerpent

I have to say, from a TR perspective I think we do focus mainly on NC. But that's not that we hate the NC or like the Vanu or something, at least from my standpoint, it's just that, I have no idea why, but it sucks to fight the VS. Most of the NC fights I have are fun, and then I go fight the Vanu and I spend all my time going "I want to be somewhere else but I don't want to abandon this fight..."

I really have no idea why, but evidently many of my fellow TRs agree, judging by who we usually fight.

I'll have to pay more attention to how NC fight vs how VS fight...
  9. Chewy102

Looks like the site holds 20 alerts for any server. The dates on those alerts are far between each other by days at time but for Emerald it says.

Wins
    VS- 9 wins
    TR- 3 wins
    NC- 5 wins

Draws
    3 (2 for NC/TR and 1 for VS/TR)

You're close. This limited data shows VS winning 45% of Emeralds alerts with a draw taking them to 50%. TR looks to be in need of help while NC is just above TR. The alerts themselves are anything from landslides to close calls, likely the time of day and being prime time or off hours controlling that.

Not much but something. Wouldn't try to use it though in a debate as it is not good data from not being consistent in any way that I can see and having MASSIVE gaps of time missing. Just something to chew over in thought.
  10. Goretzu

I don't really see this as a necro, as we're still measuring from that point AND it is remaining pretty steady...... so IF it is still the same (or near) % wins in 1 week, 1 month or 1 year it is pretty relevent.
  11. S0LAR15

Oracle death is useless tbh, because kills per unique is useless for performance analysis. There used to be a site that tracked KDR for NS weapons, but getting information like that now from the API is basically impossible.

What you can deduce from usuage is things like - the NS-15M is used more by VS because other than the Orion and SVA, the other VS LMGs are not very competitive, or that the NC can't farm infantry with the vanguard so pull lightningts instead.

KDR is the only thing that will tell you what is the real deal, and even when SOE release data on KDR or score per weapon for BR100s NS weapons are kept lumped together most of the time.
  12. FieldMarshall

My theory:

VS: Nobody wants to fight fotm "op" stuff. Aka VS
    Result: VS generally win most because TR/NC would rather fight eachother (While VS caps everything)

NC: Would rather fight TR during alerts
    TR: Would rather fight NC during alerts

Why does TR win more than NC? They sometimes try.
    On Miller TR used to be the alert tryhard faction. Maybe some of the "we can do this" mentality stuck with people and is enough to nudge a few extra wins for TR.
  13. WTSherman

The "uniques" in KPU are the number of times someone spawned in with that weapon, though the way it is skewed suggests that the system cannot detect a pull until the person gets at least one kill (which explains why only VKPU and AKPU seem capable of going below 1). What we have here is the average number of kills per life with at least one kill.

It can be considered functionally equivalent to the weapon's KDR. Systematic skew due to redeploys generating extra "U"s and the system dropping zeroes can be assumed to be fairly uniform, allowing internal comparison within the same catagory and especially between identical weapons (such as an NS weapon across the faction). This is because the range of scenarios where they are likely to get at least one kill is the same for each.

Vehicle weapons are not skewed by bails, because it is based on the life of the vehicle rather than the driver.

Unless you want to make wild and completely unsupported claims about VS never really dying, just redeploying, it is clear that NC is competitive or leading as a faction in the use of NS gear.

If a faction is fine or leading with NS gear but lags in ES gear, what does that tell you?

Does grabbing an NS gun or tank magically boost their "skill"?
  14. iller

TL;DR: It's not some Weapon Imbalance ... Imbalance is almost a Myth at this point.
    It's the incentives system -vs- demographics. NC are always 2v1'd thus too busy being Farmed to ever win anything.

It's mostly their own faults for never coordinating and fighting as a cohesive squad wherever they go. They don't pay attention to anything or flank together, or really do anything as a team. And they definitely don't "draw any Battle lines" on the map to try and keep any Defending population in the most defensible Terrains / Hexes. But the other reason they're farmed so hard, is that Directives and Auraxium still increment the same +1 to a weapon's kill count for a "fresh spawn kill" that an Extreme Menace kill gives. And that's currently the progression du`jor as far as everyone's concerned more than XP/certs are.

The solution atleast to the second problem, is what Wrel stated in his "killing KDR" vid. Where fresh spawn kills would only be worth 0.25 of a directive point. The "new cert Economy" that Higby was talking about in his last stream would be the perfect time to make this change .... while also making XP pop multipliers factored around hex pop & territory control instead of total Continent pops.
  15. Isokon

I don't think your definition of a "unique" is correct. You create a unique by getting at least one kill with a particular weapon on a given day. You don't create more uniques by respawning with that weapon.
    Therefore KPU is not functionally equivalent to KDR, because it does not factor in deaths at all.
  16. S0LAR15

KPU is usuage and not performance, it cannot be claimed otherwise.
  17. RenegadeHelios

The general thing that I see on Emerald is that at any point in time during the alert, NC will have 4-6 major fronts - evenly split between the TR/VS with large fights.

Meanwhile, the TR/VS have one 24/24 fight on a small base on their only front.

NC gets pushed in, and the remaining VS groups up against the TR, VS wins alert, NC was WG'd.

Happens every two-three alerts. Some are even fights, pretty close, but... meh.

If you'd want my personal opinion, VS weapons are too well-rounded while TR weapons are balanced between the terribad and the godly, while NC has three or four main class weapons that carry the fight. VS wins in aggressive vehicle fights, TR wins in spawn camping fights, and NC wins in vehicle camping fights. Problem is, well-rounded aggressive tactics are what wins the alerts, and that's something I feel the VS armory is built for.

inb4 VS saying that VS is hardest faction etc. It's just my opinion on the subject, based on my experience with all factions.
    • Up x 3
  18. HantuDuppy

VS get range superiority without it hampering their CQC. That's why they always win.
    TR have midrange superiority without it hampering their CQC. That's why they are always in second.
    NC should have CQC superiority, but they don't, because that would cause endless raging by other players since half the game-play is in close quarters. (we are the shotgun faction, but the shotguns for each faction are exactly the same) I think the only reason anyone plays NC is because we have the best theme. Our music is the best, our announcer has the most pleasant voice and freedom/paycheck jokes are the funniest.
  19. Ragnarox

You are wrong from Miller server point of view. VS always fight on 2 fronts while NC and TR dont even touch one another.