[Vehicle] How do YOU counter the Vulcan-H?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Dec 24, 2014.

1. uhlan

What makes the Vulcan-H so strong is the laziness of the targeted players in general.

Most tankers in this game sit and spam towers or use them like giant suits of armor chasing infantry and running over their comrades to get their kill. Very few know how to run-and-gun their tanks.

I have killed lots of Harassers while driving a lightning with AP or even HEAT equipped... but you need to fire fast, make every shot count AND keep moving.

Most of the angst comes from folks that get attacked while they're half asleep pressing the spam button.

I've seen the following many times.

1. Several tanks spamming a base are approached from behind by a vulcan Harasser.

2. Tank one brewed up, the other two keep firing on the base.

3. Tank two brewed up, the other one keeps firing blissfully unaware.

4. The Harasser sits, reloads and blows up the third.

These are the same folks that sit at a base spamming away and then get blown up by a C4 fairy and the come here and cry on the forums.

THIS IS THE STATE OF PLAY WITH TANKS!

This is what you get when anyone can pull anything at any time.

Now, if you get attacked by more than one Vulcan Harasser and you're driving a lightning you're screwed, but that's true of any vehicle trying to fight off more than one of anything.
    • Up x 6
  2. PrimePriest

Uhlan couldn't be more right.
    I counter them with situational awareness. Thats it.

Fun fact:
    In Harasser vs. Harasser situation Canister-H is at the same level as Vulcan-H. Both can one-clip other Harasser, both are limited with range. Who gets the first shot usually wins.

HE and HEAT (and Viper perhaps?) Lightnings are the only one's truly screwed. But do you really expect to not lose with Infantry-farming gun or bad gun? (yeah I'm calling Python HEAT UP and it has no meaningful use)

AP Lightnings do just fine. Of course if they're not braindead. See Uhlan's post.
    • Up x 3
  3. Allin

And finally, lock-on launchers have some real use. Two guys at high places with them, and you have no-Harraser zone.
  4. TheMercator

The problem is, that with the awkward way the lock ons fly they often crash into the ground when following a harrasser.
    For me the best way is spamming AT-Mines all over the place. Harassers are very likley to drive over one which should kill them.
  5. Xasapis

Did they fix mine hit registration? For some time now Harassers (anything basically going over a certain speed) completely negates mines, because the mines explode with a delay and well behind the speeding Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  6. Trebb

Yup this still happens.
  7. Dethfield

I have had luck with mines here when i line them parallel to the path the harasser takes (i always place mines in pairs). So when they set off the first mine, it will set off the next mine a bit further on, and the harasser (hopefully) will get caught in the second mine's explosion.

And since they are still fairly close together, the mines will still kill tanks and sundies.
  8. Fortress

Do you guys not remember the old Vulcan on the old Harraser? How is this one worse?
    • Up x 1
  9. Thornefear

I am guessing a lot of the complainers might be somewhat new and used to not having much resistance.
  10. Cest7

Tank mines
  11. Alabammer

I dont think you've run a saron harasser, no bs here, Id trade the Saron for the vulcan on my harasser anyday.... The saron has better range, better burst and an only slightly less terrifying sound fx while shooting. I keep sarons at range because I know if they get anywhwere near me Im toast.....
  12. WTSherman

Well, I suppose common-pool lockons actually working is an improvement over the original Harasser, which only the pre-nerf Striker could hit.

It's a fairly small improvement unless you tow a lockon squad around wherever you go though.
  13. Sovereign533

1) Mines
    2) Ravens
    3) Falcons
    4) Hawk (or the other ground lock-on launcher)
    5) Annihilator
    6) Liberators
    7) Anything that shoots bullets.

Although mines are the most effective because more harrasser drivers think they are invulnerable or something
  14. TriumphantJelly

It exists.
    • Up x 3
  15. vanu123

Nothing the other MBTs or harassers even comes close to the effectiveness of the vulcan.
  16. vanu123

I remember TR were complaining about this "nerf".......
  17. vanu123

"VS don't use anything that isn't OP." Meanwhile the vulcan harasser is still a thing.
  18. Alabammer

Thats BS and you know it, the enforcer and saron both more than hold their own against a vulcan especially at any sort of range.....and especially on a harasser.
    • Up x 1
  19. Anonymous Qwop

Two different scenarios.

When they catch me slipping:
    1. I immediately face it.
    2. I tell my gunner to focus the Vulcan-H. My gunners are usually already on the Harassers though.
    3. I pray to lord Vanu.

When I hear one:
    1. Identify the direction it is coming from.
    2. I set up a spider mag trap or I help out any friendly it is attacking.
    3. I pray to lord Vanu.

Both plans really focus on facing the direction it is coming from. After that, it depends on the situation.

I sort of don't mind them anymore; I just accepted it the same way they I did when they destroyed ZOE and sodemized the PPA. I would like them to get a slight nerf though.
  20. Devrailis

As more than a few cocky Vulrassers have learned, Canguard > Vulcan.

A Harasser sticking it's face in yours thinking you're defenceless is going to wonder where the **** did all its armour go.
    • Up x 2