[Suggestion] Buff the TR AMP pistol... just lil, seriously!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Dec 24, 2014.

1. minhalexus

The Magshot is worse than the AMP aside from looking a lot cooler.

NC got the number 3 spot in new ES pistols once the spiker got buffed.
    • Up x 1
  2. LordDethir

Buff magscatter with a higher rate of fire, Buff the Spiker with a higher rate of fire, BUFF EVERYTHING WITH A HIGHER RATE OF FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  3. vanu123

The rest of the VS pistols need buffs.
  4. FrozenCustard

Why? The VS already have the spiker and the beamer also with manticore being a copy paste of the Mag-Shot.
  5. vanu123

the beamer dont make me laugh.
    • Up x 1
  6. tf2hero

oddly enough he did the art for ps1 and it somehow the mcg looked better back then
  7. Klondor

I like to call Planetside 2's previous art designs: "Planetside 2: T-Ray's Revenge"
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the blessing that Bill Yeatts is delivering with his work right now. A camo fix for Vanu, he's going to update the NC's base textures to make a little more sense, i think he may also work on TR in the future, hell he wants to redesign some weapons to look like they should actually work as well. I'm excited for his future plans.
    • Up x 1
  8. FrozenCustard

The Beamer is pretty similar to the Emperor, in that it has a higher DPS and reload speed with a smaller clip size and less effectiveness at range. Also the sight IMO feels very clean and accurate.
    • Up x 1
  9. zombielores

Problem to get the most out of the weapon, you have to be clicking at 7 shots per second for it to get the maximum output compared to something like the burst or full auto where it's 1 click per second, it's just not practical to use compared to some other weapons.
  10. BobSanders123

The pistol reload animations in this game are really dumb, and the professional military faction has the dumbest toy-looking weapons out of all three factions. Wtf.
    • Up x 1
  11. CapEnTrade

I agree.
    TR new better models, starting with the T4 AMP along with this much needed buff.
  12. Syphers

ES pistols could use small buffs overall, Repeater and Inquisitor aside these suck agaisnt heavies and all need a lil more ammos. When you stack shields regular pistols magazines just doesn't work well.
  13. tf2hero

repeater is fine as it is in terms of dps/ammo and does not require a buff.But if it absolutely needs a buff the only thing you can really buff is cof because it has a simmilar problem that that amp has with the cof but the amp is worse in that regards.
    as for the inquisitor it needs a 2shot burst fire mode to max out the dps it can do.
    • Up x 1
  14. Pikachu

Aside from the awful iron sights and silly lamps I think repeater and its 2 friends look good. T4 looks totally derp. Venu pistols look like alien nailguns. Theyre the worst of venus already ugly weapon collection.
  15. doombro

Properly centered sights would be nice.
  16. hawken is better

Just revert it back to its original 750/125 form. It was wayyy better than this 900+ garbage that we have now.
  17. Rovertoo

Bah. You aren't LOYAL enough for TR. If they offered to change my Magshot to do 400 damage but reduce it's fire rate to 100, I'd take it in a moment! Ya know why? Because I believe in FREEDOM! TTK be darned!
    • Up x 1
  18. -Synapse-

The Spiker is alright now since it's been buffed, though it's still not great, the Magscatter is a boxy lump of hardened excrement, and the AMP is a wilted sausage in both appearance and performance.
    • Up x 4
  19. CapEnTrade

Agreed!
  20. AlterEgo

Considering how ALL but the Spiker (to some degree) are carbon copies of NC pistols, I agree. Do you know how AWESOME the Beamer used to be in Alpha? It shot an actual beam...
    But got nerfed, because logic.