[Suggestion] Buff the TR AMP pistol... just lil, seriously!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Dec 24, 2014.

1. CapEnTrade

I just auraxiumed this gun 3 days ago, I like to use it, and due to recent events and me hopping on the forums for the first time, I realized I have A SOLEMN DUTY to the TR to get this pistol where it needs to be in terms of balance!

Here are the current stats for those of the lesser factions.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/T4_AMP

21, low damage, swiftly fired shots. Less DPM than the repeater.
    The repeater actually has a faster TTK statistically, and usually in normal use due to its slightly better effective accuracy as well as damage. I have both of these auraxiumed, I know what I'm talking about. Over 1000 kills on each, you notice a thing or two.

I can not tell you how many times I've gotten the drop on a poor fool, got close, unloaded all 21 shots, just to find I missed a few due to the bloom and I die while reloading. My accuracy is SUPERB, but I'd suffer from this quite often. Worst of all are the heavies, no hope 1 magging those guys unless they are perfectly still or moving linearly. This gun needs at least 25 shots! (stalker perspective) As for finishing guys, this is quite good, still needs more ammo though, not quite reliable enough.

Recommended buff...

-24-25 shots from 21 to avoid times where you should have killed someone but only missed a little, then die. No doubt a needed improvement.

-Reduce all recoil stats by a mere 5 percent.
    -Reduce bloom both hip and ADS by mere 10 percent.

-If SOE is feeling like a bunch of grumpy grinches, at least improve the reload speeds a fair bit if not as well!

This helps it be a little bit more accuracy to hopefully land at least 1 more shot.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG! This pistol is pretty good, it just needs that little umph to get it from being slightly underpowered to just right. As it stands, the repeater is pretty much all round a tad better, and free.

I expect to see this happen next update.
    ~Thanks
    CapEnTrade
    • Up x 10
  2. AlterEgo

I love the idea, man! The Spiker got a buff, so why not the AMP? No need to expect hate on this one:D
    • Up x 2
  3. BobSanders123

I have idea:

Increase magazine size to 1000.
    • Up x 3
  4. AlterEgo

The awesomeness...
    We're going to need a MASSIVE MAGAZINE...
    And smaller bullets.
  5. Xind

I think all the AMP really needs is a Mag buff. Giving it better recoil or accuracy statistics might make it too good.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ragnarox

I have an idea too, increase dmg to 1000 that would give TR players an edge to win.
  7. DFDelta

Belt fed TR pistols. This is so awesome, why isn't that a thing yet?
    • Up x 1
  8. BobSanders123

That is filthy gorilla NC trait. We no want.
    • Up x 3
  9. Movoza

You do know that the repeater is one of the best pistols of the game? If you want to buff everything to the DPS of the repeater, the game will get very weird indeed.
    I can understand that you want to buff something, but there are just good and bad guns everywhere. Some people might do better with this gun anyway as a finisher. Less aiming required. After hearing and learning a lot about the AMP, I think it might need a small buff, but all your buffs together make this thing more like an automatic repeater, which is not a good idea.

Lastly, your expectations for when it will be implemented are also a little off :p
  10. Regpuppy

If we based pistol buff calls on this, virtually every other pistol in the game would need a DPM buff. The repeater somehow manages to be an inch from that line between "effective" and "probably should be nerfed"
    • Up x 3
  11. Dualice

They should've just remodelled the Inquisitor into the AMP. It looks like a machine pistol as it is, and I've never met anyone that enjoyed using it.

Out of interest OP, what class/primary weapon(s) do you usually pair the T4 with?
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

Idea of making an automatic pistol when there is a high DPS burst version already and there are SMGs was criticized since the beginning and it didn't turn out well, not to mention the case for NC with their mag-scat or whatever it's called.

Anyway yes somehow buff it's performance and greatly buff the model, it's ugly and butt. An over sized drilling machine mixed with a 1950s space ship mixed with vanu's vortex.
  13. LibertyRevolution

As bad as the T4-AMP is compared to the repeater, I still bought it instead of the spiker for my VS. ;)
    Underboss with that 2x yellow circle dot... No need for any ES pistol now anyways.
  14. Pat22

How about instead we bring the Repeater down in line with other pistols so TR can stop saying "this pistol we have needs a buff because it's not as good as that other pistol we have which is clearly better than all other pistols in the game"
    • Up x 1
  15. CapEnTrade

Well, EVERYONE, can agree on a few extra shots.

And the model.
    Ah yes the model.
    IT LOOKS LIKE A FREAKING WATERGUN!!! Why do the TR get stuck with all the crap models huh!?
    • Up x 3
  16. thenewbie

At least the Trap looks crazy hi-tech.
  17. FieldMarshall

AMP should get the option to go extended mags instead of laser
    • Up x 1
  18. braytz

and buff the magscatter damage to 1HK , we have already 1HK shotty and knives.
    • Up x 1
  19. tf2hero

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  20. Klondor

Because T-ray had "20 years of experience in the field" When it looks like he didnt.