[Suggestion] EMP vs armor

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Dec 24, 2014.

1. VonStalin

EMP grenades should effect armored targets.
    Disable them for a few seconds or something...
    • Up x 1
  2. Alarox

Nothing would warm my heart as much this holiday season as dying because a random Infiltrator stalked my tank and threw an EMP grenade as I was fighting someone else. This would be a cool feature for Infiltrators, but incredibly frustrating on the other side.
  3. HadesR

Thought for a minute it was going to be HA shields .. Then I'd agree 110%
  4. FateJH

Just disable the main weapon temporarily. We got enough problems without getting our tracks blown.
    • Up x 1
  5. iller

Problem is, we couldn't disable your actual cannon or gunner either. Only your tracks.
    The other problem is, there's a 2 second delay from the time an EMP grenade leaves our hand, the the time that your client finally recognizes us recloaking again. A light assault meanwhile with 2 C4's, can just hover directly above where your cannon can't even angle up to, and then detonate that C4 is less time. So even if we were given this trolling ability, we'd still be far less effective in any fight than the current C4 masterfairy.

If the gun is disable instead, then we're still in danger of being ran over, or just gunned down by raging enginerds with a Darklight machine gun. Either way, we get no XP for taking this risk and no progress towards any directives. We'd be doing it for charity.
  6. FateJH

Welcome to PS1.
    • Up x 1
  7. FBVanu

Enough, well, far too many, things in game that mess with vehicles.. enough already.

Infantry was supposed to get a bit nerfed vs vehicles.. When is that gonna happen?
    • Up x 2
  8. Splinter04

Yeah let's go ahead and make infantryside more prevalent.
    • Up x 1
  9. CorporationUSA

No, there are enough counters to tanks already.
    • Up x 1
  10. HadesR

TBH and with a lil tweak to the OP's idea ..

Remove C4 from LA's
    LA's now get an EMP / Scramble brick

Disables a vehicles gun / movement / Shields / radar / special abilities for X amount of seconds ..

Vehicle get the C4 fairy protection they crave
    LA's get the support capability they want ..

Done :)

/Inb4LAcomplaints
    • Up x 3
  11. Sixstring

At this point it's going to need to be a massive game changing nerf,the game barely works at all right now due to infantry AV spam. My biggest fear is that when that day finally comes (and it's coming) all the infantry-only players are going to freak out hard cause they've just had it too easy for far too long. And then the devs will crumble under the pressure and yield to to the nonstop tears and incessant moans of infantryside. I'm hoping they hold they hold their ground if this ever happens though we'll see.
  12. WUNDER8AR

I think it'd be cool if EMPs would kind of scramble the camera signal in first person view up to a point where it'd be impossible to see something let alone line up a shot for a couple of seconds. The amount of camera distortion would be dependent on the EMPs area of effect just like it is for infantry. Contrary to disabling your entire vehicle this wouldn't completely screw you over. You could still use 3rd person view to back off or run people over. But you couldn't line up perfectly accurate shots for a while anymore.EMPs have a very limited range. Basically point blank from a vehicle perspective. If you're that close to a bunch of infantry you just have to expect to get into some trouble sooner or later. An EMP like that could be a friendly reminder to that.
  13. VonStalin

if can be hit by EMP while in tank, doesn't that mean you are a bit too close to the enemy infantry and deserve to be c4'ed in the first place?
    I play with tanks as much as infantry. I don't see infantry as danger to me.. Just soft targets for my viper...
    • Up x 1
  14. BobSanders123

Tank changes that I would like:

I want battlefield style electronic tank HUD. The tanks main cannons go back to what they were pre nerf and infantry gain the ability to vault over obstacles and grab ledges. EMPs knock out the HUD for a few seconds and disable special abilities. C4 damage reduced to 65% per brick against MBTs. Increase tank turret turning time so the turret doesn't swivel on point with the cursor at high speeds.
  15. Elrobochanco

Should just make EMPs do concussion effect to vehicles, only on direct hits, strength relative to the size of the vehicle (galaxies get near nothing, flashes become vomit comet). Likely won't kill a tank unless it's already on fire/in deep. Will likely kill any aircraft you hit, and you would be very deserving of that kill.
    • Up x 1
  16. VonStalin

yes, hitting ESF with EMP.. it should become uncontrollable and crash. Because hitting ESF with grenade.......
  17. patrykK1028

How many "Buff infiltrator" threads are you going to make today?
  18. cykael

What an incredibly stupid argument, do I have to make a list of the things that are fun for the user and incredibly frustrating for the other side? Please don't make me do it, I'd be here all day.
    • Up x 1
  19. FBVanu

Well then, here is a compromise:

Infantry get their EMP grenade....

Tank cannons get changed back to their original splash and direct damage, before April 2014, so vehicles can protect themselves.
    • Up x 2
  20. Dethfield

Either this or give us a coaxial MG.
    • Up x 1