Steam overlay causes planetside to not react

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Korfax124, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Korfax124

Start up the game and everything is going fine, but when I press Shift-Tab to bring up the steam overlay and everything in the overlay is fine, but my mouse and keyboard input either won't register or something else. Hope it can be fixed :p
  2. Seadro

I actually have the same problem too!
  3. rexbinary

Same here. I disabled the overlay for now.
  4. SonySucker

Same problem I've just gotten from this month after coming back from a month or two off. How do you disable the overlay?
  5. TheChippewa

I have the same problem I did a file check when the problem first surfaced the problem went away, but now it does the same thing. My problem even goes a step further if I alt+tab to my desktop planetside 2 forces itself on top of all my other windows extremely annoying.
  6. PresidentFreeman

To disable the overlay click the 'Steam' menu item at the top left of the steam menu, then select 'Settings', then 'In-Game'. Under this menu untick the 'Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game' option.

This does disable it universally, at the moment you can't disable it per-game unfortunately. The best option, and something I have been doing for years now, is to just run the PS2 exe file directly without running steam. That way there isn't any interference.
  7. Noif

I have same problem too
  8. Noif

I wonder does even DEV read these reports?
  9. Lord Blackadder

Ehm, you've been able to disable the in-game overlay per game for a very long time now...

Right click your game from your library > Properties > General tab > untick "Enable the Steam overlay while in-game". You can do this for any game you want.

[IMG]
  10. PresidentFreeman

Oh ok, I guess I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.