[Suggestion] Running speed with knife

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VonStalin, Dec 24, 2014.

1. VonStalin

Running speed while holding knife should be faster.
    • Up x 2
  2. -Synapse-

Everyone knows you run faster with a knife.
    • Up x 6
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

this isn't counterstrike ;P

and it isn't authentic either as you still carry all your heavy stuff with you even if you wield a knife
    • Up x 3
  4. VonStalin

you are more vulnerable while holding knife - main reason you should get some advantage of speed.
    Aaaand yes, I believe, many ppl are here from counter-strike, so that would be nice.
  5. FateJH

Your TTK is the same whether you're holding a knife or a gun.
  6. HadesR

AD pump .. There ya go ..

Outside of that boost then no you shouldn't ..
    • Up x 2
  7. VonStalin

but effective distance is like 1 meter versus 300.....
  8. AlterEgo

That was...
    Interesting...

P.S. My birthday was nearly a month ago, and I have yet to see improvement. You failed me, man:(
  9. -Synapse-

Hey, at least there's no animu eyes involved.
  10. FateJH

Is that an important distinction? You're likely not intending to run 300m just to stab a target.
    • Up x 1
  11. TheKhopesh

the pump really needs to be a larger boost.
    If it were a good 20-25% rather than the current 7.5-10% it would be viable, but as is at sprint speed it takes far too long to catch up to someone running other armor slots.
    • Up x 3
  12. HadesR

But as ZOE proved to much of a speed boost is game breaking ..

It's why I'm always wary of people asking for speed boosts since with this games net code, lag, hit detection etc etc etc issues it has a tendency to cause a few problems this game doesn't need atm..

The infantry game is pretty balanced atm .. let's not **** it up with misguided ideas cus it might be " cool "
    • Up x 4
  13. TheKhopesh

Sounds like a net code improvement is in order then...
  14. HadesR

Plus maybe a proper real life based momentum movement system ...
    • Up x 7
  15. TheKhopesh

Oh yeah. You ever try using the Phoenix from a moving Valkyrie?
    Instantly do 75-80% damage to your own craft.
    Wunderbar*!

*extreme sarcasm*
    • Up x 1
  16. GoyoElGringo

Nope, not while OHK knives are in the game. I'm ok with adrenaline boost getting a small buff though(up to maybe 15%).
    • Up x 3
  17. task_master

Stop using this argument for everything. OHK knives add nothing new to the game. You could already pull off the same tricks with various weapons, with or without a knife followup. With a headshot multiplier on knives now every weapon can do the instagib thing, except the AMP.

Like it or not a.pump needs to be more worthwhile, and the easiest way to make that happen is increasing the sprint speed bonus to a significant amount.
    • Up x 3
  18. GoyoElGringo

First off, I've never used that argument for anything up until now.

Secondly, you didn't really address what I said. You just seem to be trying to justify the existence of OHK knives, which isn't something I've every been against. I am, however, against making people who equip a OHK knife move faster by default. I'm ok with speed boost getting a small buff, but not ok with it making people 25% faster, regardless of which knives are in the game. I think as it stands right now, pump is the best suit slot for a stalker INF because of the knives. iirc, it was added to the game with stalker cloak, so I think that was intentional.
  19. CapEnTrade

I had the same exact thoughts!
    It only makes sense!

You should move (including crouch walk, walk, and sprinting) 20% faster (stackable with adrenaline pump). This would create an interesting stalker loadout as well as flesh out the knife to something that's legitimate to use as a hardcore main weapon! I'd also say you should get a flat 10% resistance to everything to improve your chances, but there are some who would disagree.

But for the move speed increase with the knife, everyone can agree on that. If you disagree you are clearly a jerk.
    • Up x 1
  20. AlterEgo

YOU FORGET THE POINT, FOOL. When I say PATRIOTIC, I mean COMEDY! ACTION! APPLE PIE! AMERICAN IMAGERY!

Not some violent Yahoo-style art!