(Vanu) Scout Rifle or SMG?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sevinos, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Sevinos

I already have the Sirius (laser sight, soft point, 2x/3.4x sights) for CQC combat, but I keep finding myself being killed on my way to the point simply because there are other Inf spamming out darts or because someone saw the Predator effect from our cloaks.
    Is there a build for a longer range SMG or should I just pour some certs into a Scout Rifle? I figure worst case scenario I skip the foregrip and put the laser sight on the scout rifle to create a semi-CQC weapon. Stab, shoot, kill.
    And, as a bonus question (worth ten points!), does the new knife have the same weapon change time as swapping from sidearm to primary or vice versa?
  2. Merakov

For CQC SMG is the best choice from the Infiltrator's arsenal with the fastest time to kill
    For better or worse the scout rifles just dont have the fire power to be dominant in CQC even with the added benefit of flanking cloaker they take nearly whole magazine to kill one person ,hence they are better off in the medium ranges.
    However if you want a weapon that can handle its self in both medium and CQC you might want to try the NS-7 PDW with a Foregrip ,x2 ,Soft point ammo and Supressor I dont know if the Sirius is good for ADS'in but if it is you can stick with it just put a foregrip on it.
    Also in addition if sensor dart are a huge problem for you then maybe the Sensor Shield Implant could help you.
    People tend to overlook the Implants simply because its a bother to keep them charged but the right Implant can lessen one of you weaknesses
  3. Biddion

Both have their uses. If you stay inside the bases, then an smg will suit you better. Once you get out of bases, the scout rifles will shine. If you want a "longer" range smg then your NS guns are better than your faction specific.

As INF, I recommend you don't go to points, but rather find a place to shoot enemy forces who are. The opposition will expect someone there, loosing your advantage.
  4. _itg

The NS-7 PDW is probably worth a try. It's got better damage dropoff than other SMGs, which makes it more effective at range. Unfortunately, it's got terrible close-range DPS. I've tried virtually every possible combination of attachments for this weapon (across about 400 kills), and I think the best way to use it is to go with SPA and ALS, since the only way you'll win close-quarters fights is to shoot from behind or do some serious hipfire dancing, and you're better off with the scout rifle if you'd rather just avoid CQC.
  5. Jac70

I completed the Infiltrator directive a week or so ago and for the master level I had to get 800 kills with an SMG and 800 with a Scout Rifle. As soon as I swapped from SMG to Scout I felt I could put people down faster. I have used both the Sirius and the Eridani and they both felt like peashooters unless you were 5m away from your target.

The Artemis is my go to for close/mid assault work when using the Infiltrator. It's just a fun weapon to use and with the suppressor it must be one of the quietest weapons in the game. In battles you can often not hear the sound of your own gun over everything else that is going on. Of course you are not going to dominate against LMGs, Carbines or Assault Rifles but for the Infiltrator class the Scout is a decent choice.
  6. cykael

First off, do not bother making any kind of build centered around the quick knife because it's broken at the moment.

That said, SMG infil is absolutely terrible at taking points because most of the time there's going to be multiple people on them and the whole point of the class is to dump a mag into someones back and be gone in the same second you did. You'll be better off just playing LA, they have easier time flanking and have better all around weaponry. Leave SMG infiltrating for small fights or bases you know in and out and you know you can do enough damage.

If you want a mid range choice use Vandal or Nyx. They are kinda sorta the same weapons with small changes here and there like bullet drop, mag size, different ADS accuracy, different ADS speed but they handle quite similarly. Do not bother with the auto scout rifle, it's a bad weapon with major design flaws unless you really cannot handle playing the semi-autos and have to have an automatic. The entire idea of the weapon is to be a close-mid range choice for Infil but really it doesn't have any of the perks of SMGs while not being better at range than the semi-autos at all. Technically it should be easier to use than the semi-autos because of being auto but the small mag size and low damage just often isn't enough to kill people at range while in CQC you don't have the most important thing, a good hipfire accuracy or .75 ADS. You need to have some amazing aim to beat head on HAs and at certain point it's basically not enough because the LMGs are just better weapons coupled with overshield you aren't ever going to beat a similarly skilled player at any range. Meanwhile you have Vandal that kills people in 4 shots, has actually a good spam-click accuracy with compensator and foregrip and .75 ADS so you don't have to rely on hipfire to beat people in CQC.

So basically for point takes/retakes stick with LA and for mid range/overall combat learn the semi-auto scouts. NS-7 PDW is "okay" as well but the automatic infil weaponry just isn't designed for ranged combat.
  7. Get2dachoppa

I wouldn't recommend using the Sirius to ADS with. Its a CQC, hip firing beast all the way. The Eridani and the NS-7 are better options to use if the OP wants an SMG with some extra range. The Artemis is also worth considering and is relatively inexpensive to unlock with certs if you don't already have it.