[Suggestion] FFS Debris

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Jake the Dog

At this point I'm pretty sure my prowler/vanguard has been killed more by debris than enemy tanks can we please fix this already. I've been killed by all manner of debris in this game from sunderer tires of doom raining down from above, flash debris from a dude that tried to ram me, countless sunderer hulls seemingly chasing me down the mountain, vanguard hulls that do a front flip, side flip and reverse flips to crush my tank, random gal parts, lightning hulls, countless magrider pieces, harasser carcasses... Do I really need to continue???

Please for the love of Planetside fix this!
    • Up x 8
  2. Keft

Uh, no. Bad player is not bad. You just seem to want to troll someone or have a chance to crow about your K/D.

The OP is noting the same thing I am: Vehicles have kill switches on top of some sort and it is triggered even by light, slow moving debris. I have also seen the same kill switch blow up a full health sundie when it leans a bit and the top lightly touches a rock outcropping. I have seen tanks killed by, as mentioned, flaming sundie tires or flash debris that manages to touch the top. It is an obvious issue with their upside-down vehicle kill system and the physics engine.

On a side note, I have watched tanks and harassers explode when opposing corners tap objects as well but I think that is more of a harmonic vibration issue where the physics engine literally rattles you to death.

The game has serious physics issues and I am hopeful that they someday address that. Oh, and the MAX sprint bug as that has been here since beta and drives me nuts...
    • Up x 4
  3. Devrailis

There are indeed serious physics issues with vehicles at the moment. Debris insta-gibbing vehicles, vehicle momentum going sideways (literally) upon collision, especially against Harassers, the complete and utter lack of traction that tanks have on hills, etc...

All legitimate points for discussion.
  4. FBVanu

See this thread:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ix-the-debris-insanity-already-please.207688/

a player even posted a video of his tank getting taken out by a Harasser tire....!
    • Up x 1
  5. FieldMarshall

They should turn off debris damage until they bother coming up with a proper fix.

Hate to play the "realism card", but it makes more sense that a rolling sunderer chassis doesent blow up a flash,
    compared to a harasser tire blowing up an AMS..
    imo.
  6. Klypto

This is the NUMBER ONE reason I do not tank anymore.
    • Up x 1
  7. GoyoElGringo

Does anyone actually support debris kills? It's just an easy, undeserved kill for the person who died first.
  8. Dunkarooo

would be fixed by now if they were going to fix it to be honest.

I played in early 2013 and people were complaining about this then too. I bet there's a reason but I hope it's a good one for why it isn't getting fixed.
  9. Brad seven

yeah, I had one harasser that would ram my prowler on purpose and kill me with the debri, he did it several times.
    • Up x 1
  10. patrykK1028

11. BobSanders123

They really need to remove debris damage until they can figure out how to physics.
  12. Jake the Dog

No, Im not flaunting my epeen around, I am legitimately frustrated with debris. Its like the trees from beta. (Trees and rocks are OP :p)
    I've seen some weird stuff with the physics engine, tried to get out from between two rocks and my tank explodes. I came to the same reasoning with the vibrations with the vehicle, my other annoyance is when another vehicle (harassers, flashes, lightnings and sundies) with a bad ping: A. man handle my tank throwing it into rocks resulting in serious damage or death B. Instakills my tank by what I assume is the server telling our comps that we occupy the same space with our vehicles which of course as with everything else results in instant death.

While I want the physics fixed, I'm mortified of what may happen in the months of it happening, think of the bugs! ;/
  13. Jake the Dog

I can pray to the great Higby and he will grant my request! I will sacrifice a thousand baby seals in order for the planetside gods to hear my plea!!!
    You must sacrifice baby seals in order for our pleas to be heard it was in the licensing agreement:

"...8.3 Notices; Contacting Us
    SOE may give notice to you by means of a general notice on a Site, electronic mail to the e-mail address associated with your Account on record in SOE's account information, or by written communication sent by first class mail, postage prepaid or overnight courier to the address associated with your Account on record in SOE's account information. You must sacrifice baby seals in order to address certain bugs in-game. You may give notice to SOE by electronic mail to accounts@soe.sony.com, or by first class mail, postage prepaid or overnight courier to Sony Online Entertainment LLC, 8928 Terman Court, San Diego, CA 92121, Attention: Accounts. By agreeing to said agreement any rights to your soul are rendered null and void and subject to SOE seizure if deemed necessary. If you need to contact SOE for any reason, you may send an e-mail or a letter to the foregoing e-mail or mailing address or you m.ay contact us at the phone number listed below..."
  14. iller

Speaking of the physics, I recently watched a harasser crash into a Vanguard at top speed.
    The Harasser just kind of slowed down and started smoking.
    The Vanguard .... did a double back flip. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  15. DFDelta

Have you seen what happens if a harasser runs into a lightning full speed?
    The lightning gets walzed aside like some uppity ford pinto.

The lightning is a light tank, the harasser is a slightly armored car. It should just slightly rock a little when a harasser crashes into it, MBTs and Sundies (being more mobile bunkers then an APC) should hardly notice it at all.
    • Up x 1