PlanetSide 2 Email Survey

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slaggard, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Slaggard

I got an email survey from PS2 today asking my opinion regarding recent game updates. I've gotten one of these surveys before and appreciate the opportunity to give feedback.

I suggest you wait a bit longer before sending future surveys after implementing new game features. I have not had time to buy and try all the features you were asking me about on this survey. So, I couldn't give a comprehensive opinion.

I kinda like surveys about things I'm interested in as long as they are short, Good job on that. It would be leal towards dedicated players for free swag for participation in surveys and the like (even if over time). Nothing wrong with free cosmetics, even if it is just goofy lazer quad handle tassels or some such nonsense. Much like the hat for the test server gig a while back. More free stuff on f2p games is always awesome.

My first time posting on forums for this game, so sorry if I started this thread in the wrong spot. The search for "survey" didn't bring much up on ps2 site forum search.

Thanks
    • Up x 5
  2. Auzor

Got the same survey.

Most important question to me is "what other features would you want"; because knife= meh, even undesireable to have OHK knifes IMO; turrets: computer-directed fire, T4 implants: entirely undersireable..

I hope many people type in mouseyaw. I did, with plenty other stuff. Mouseyaw was first though, in capital letters.
    Something I forgot: better tracking for G2A lockons.. most pilots know that pointing nose to the ground probably saves them.. 'sideway launch' annoyance etc..
    Pilots may despise the lockons (but I despise em back.. especially the ground farmers; on the ground it is kinda hard to know which ESF's are looking for air fights and which are going to make a lolpod attack..); but it is the only non-nanite costing option. (yeah yeah, and firing angry at the sky with rifle.. vs a mobile target more durable than a max)
    I am however, very open to a mini-walker as AA option for heavies. (I suggested one on these forums..)
    • Up x 3
  3. xboxerdude

just want to salute both of you for your honest and creative ideas. To many people trash on these forums, I just want to let you guys know I think your ideas are very logical. Vulcans would be proud.
    • Up x 1
  4. DFDelta

In the 3 free fields I entered:

Question:
    You rated the turret low, why? (3 out of 10)
    Answer:
    Low damage / long aquisition time / large and fragile / easy to spot (beeping)
    2 of those would suffice to make it balanced, it currently has all 4.

Question:
    You rated the tier 4 implants low, why? (3 out of 10)
    Answer:
    Still nothing that beats Regen 2 (cost:effect ratio), Sensor Shield or Enhanced Targeting.
    Still nothing that protects from vehicle thermals.

Question:
    Which features would you like to see?
    Answer:
    A general base design overhaul.
    The second phase from the infantry<->tank lethality patch a few months back.
    Tank to infantry lethality was adjusted, the adjustment to infantry to tank lethality is still missing.
    • Up x 2
  5. breeje

got it to
    they can send me more surveys
    maybe next time it will be a little bigger so we can send more feedback

Ooo and SOE, thanks for the free weapon unlock
  6. 60rockstar

"I suggest you wait a bit longer before sending future surveys after implementing new game features. I have not had time to buy and try all the features you were asking me about on this survey."

Agree. I haven't used any of the items yet, but I will not spend SC on camo anyway.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nintyuk

I didn't get any emails which is weird as I used to get them all the time.
  8. NoctD

I got the survey and gave them a lot of low scores - about the only thing that didn't get a really bad mark was the question on base interiors.
  9. Killuminati C

I got the survey but I still haven't gotten any holiday promotional emails that they've been promoting which I'm kind of irritated about. Even if it is a SC deal despite it following right on the coattails of the Black Friday (or Cyber Monday?) after such a long drought of SC promotions.

I wish I'd have thought a little more before filling out the survey instead of flying through it as this would have been my biggest priority if I'd thought about it for more than a minute. Specifically a Biolab revamp as I'm tired of them always being such a substantial roadblock of any further map progression. They're the biggest factor why we always end up fighting at a select handful of bases with few exceptions.
  10. Bindlestiff

?
  11. iller

well, atleast it was more interesting than the past ones.
    It seems like whoever wrote it, almost plays the game and isn't just from their Marketing Derpartment
  12. breeje

small joke, made you think why did i get no free weapon :D
    • Up x 1
  13. MrJengles

Silly ambiguous questions as always with these surveys.

When they say "rate" recent features, are they asking what I think of turrets in their current state (needs balancing) or what I think of their developer priorities (I like turrets, they were a much requested idea)? I'd assume the latter...

Without being clear, results are going to be misleading.

The later questions were better, although on: "8. What is your most anticipated future feature? (1=Most Important and 5=Least Important)"*

It was disappointing not to see:

• Fireteam/Company System
    • Base Benefits. I know you want to do this first but there's no reason not to put it on the list, it only gives you more info whether you choose to listen to it or not. Isn't that why you're asking us this in the first place, to check your priorities against ours?
    So I included them under "other". Also, not that I was expecting these but I added (with short explanation):
    • Spawn Room changes
    • Redeploy Revamp

*For those interested, these were the five to choose from in the order I put:
    • Resource Revamp
    • Mission System
    • Battle Islands
    • Empire-specific Buggies
    • Instructional Events
    • Up x 2
  14. xCable

So this is a thread pushing people to express other people's feelings on the game through the survey. Nice.
  15. MrJengles

Well I treated it as feedback on the survey itself. Also it serves as a PSA for people to check their inbox / learn what was asked.
  16. xCable

I didnt get the survey however I don't think opinions should be shared till after its over.
  17. Killuminati C

Why? Anybody who feels the same has the option of not replying to this thread or ignoring it altogether.

Personally, I wish I'd seen this thread before I filled my survey out on the spot as it would have given me time to think out my responses a little more. There's nothing wrong with healthy discussion to help one frame their own responses.

Take my survey for instance, I recommended rounding out the Max weapons with mid range options for NC and CQC options for VS/TR, as well as a cosmetic overhaul for VS weapons. DFDelta mentioned base layouts and I thought how I find Biolab layouts as being far more irritating (to the point of logging out when it's one of the 3 fights available on a continent). This was my own opinion but that comment reminded me how much I hate them. It's not like anyone is going to get brainwashed. They just might realize that somethings might be of more importance to the game.

I hardly ever even play as a Max...
    • Up x 1
  18. Killuminati C

Also, I think these sorts of "civil" threads could actually be of use to the devs. If they ever see them that is. Constructive criticism and all that.
  19. Halo572

You don't need a survey to find out what makes a successful game when you have exact player numbers and trends, average play time and revenue figures.

You can already see something is wrong, more so than having to merge servers that are the most obvious indication that is publicly visible.

And when you know something is wrong then what you are doing is obviously alienating the majority of the consumer base.

If the objective of the developers is to create a small hardcore community with low numbers and no growth they are succeeding perfectly, but if this is the case the F2P model is extremely ill advised.

If the opposite then if they need a survey to tell them where they are going wrong then God help them and maybe they need to consider working in another sector?
    • Up x 1
  20. Auzor

Nonononooo. You don't read properly if that is your interpretation. I state what I think of the survey, and yes, some of what I filled in. The OP clearly only contains feedback for SoE...
    You are completely free to fill in the survey.
    However, I'm rather interested in what other people fill in.

It is also (IMO) a gentle push to encourage people to check wether they've received a survey too.

Anyway, I do agree most questions are crap:
    how do you rate turrets.. you mean the mechanic, the balance, the...? as mentioned by another poster.

Anyway: this is everything I filled in under "other features" IIRC:

-as mentioned MOUSEYAW.
    -Base redesign: no spawncamping, specially not from vehicles. More space between bases (shell next base.. what?)
    -a reason to cap bases; without creating a steamroller effect for the winning faction.
    -a campaign system: I put 2-week campaign; during which you pick one faction/server; and try to conquer all of the planet. This could be "primetime" events; but alerts don't cut it and neither do snowmen IMO.

-more ironsights for side-arms; same scopes for ES sidearms as the NS now have.
    -buff semi-auto sniper muzzle velocity.
    -buff burst fire weapons beside the Sabr-13
    -more balance patches
    • Up x 1