How are we liking directives?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Epicstrat, Aug 5, 2014.

1. itechen2

timerless?
  2. blzbug

In the not-so-old days, vehicles used to have both a resource cost and a respawn timer. I.e. you couldn't pull a second MBT for 4 minutes. Flash was timerless, so you could pull them ad infinitum.
  3. itechen2

ok well are you living in the past or something? i am pretty sure we all remember how it used to work, and using words like "timerless" to describe the flash is just confusing.
  4. Stinneyt

It feels a lot like re-doing the same work.
    Therefore, I 'm paying exactly ZERO attention to directives.
    If they happen in game, then OK.
  5. thenewbie

Eh, I really don't know what to complete to finish off my Expert Directives, recon or infiltrator kills. Recon is okay but infiltrator kills are very annoying because lately I feel like I've noticed a drop off in the amount of people playing infiltrator...

EDIT: Wait, are we talking specifically about weapon directives? No? Okay. Good to know.
  6. Get2dachoppa

I don't pay too much attention to directives other than a couple I want to finish. Like Force Recon...I want that knife! Only two more objectives to complete for it.
  7. BravoTangoTR

Just another feature of Planetside 2 that requires grinding and encourages farming without adding any real depth or strategic purpose to the game. But I guess it gives BR100s something to do.
    • Up x 1
  8. iller

Are you Higbying serious?? That's the downside of the Moonshot?

...well I'm not going to be in any hurry to get that thing then. Where I snipe from, is always up where the Scythes hang out. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's being RocketPodded by HoverChavs who just happened to notice a tiny 1 second blip. I actually Wear flak armor on my sniper loadout AT ALL TIMES. No exception. That's how dedicated I am to not dying to Luck Podders. I'll let a Galaxy cleaveland steam me before I'll lay down and accept another podding.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rift23

The Flash.
  10. Targanwolf

FOR THE INFILTRATOR.....they are nearly impossible.First you have the cost of having to buy all those guns.....then the kill requirements are ridiculously high.....and the reward for such a feat is laughable.
    NOW if you are making these for the hard core 1% 'rs ....they have succeeded.

there is such a thing as dangling the carrot tooooo far out of reach....and SOE has succeeded in doing just that.
    THE RESULT.....I ignore the directives
  11. Dualice

Well I got my first finished yesterday, and am now the proud owner of a Shuriken. I will admit I grinded for the last one, the MKV Suppressed, but despite being a PDW clone it was quite fun really. Working steadily through kills/force recon. Apparently I'm earning medals on EMPs through killing enemies with their own mines :p

Might stick up a Shuriken review of some form in the future, there doesn't seem to be much online feedback on it.
  12. iller

re: Directives: Even if I wanted to complete them.... I don't see it ever being feasible for me.

It took me 2 years just to get 1000 kills ea. on the BoltDriver & Failjack b/c most of my shots on priority targets got last-hitted by someone else. Infact most of my XP while sniping comes from Spotting & assists even when I am on a good 12+ killstreak. That to me is the definition of "fire support", watching your squadmates, alerting them to a threat, and then weakening threat right before it engages them.

At this rate, it's going to take me 2 more years to even see the first Directive unlock. It's simple, I can't stand playing this everyday, I definitely don't sit at farms when I play, and I can't possibly understand the people who do. Or maybe it's b/c I'm just not greedy enough, when I see the same low BR run into my sniping lane and then stand still, I stop shooting him out of mercy and b/c there's more important people I need to be wounding. These directives were clearly made for merciless automatics jockies & those farming types of people only. I hope the freakin designers see Wrel's video on changing them SOON™:

13. cykael

Finally finished the SMG as well, left the best for last thankfully after the slog the Blitz was Cyclone was a breeze, though it took me ~3 hours today to get the last 400+ kills with little regard of my life just to get it done. Gave the Tempest one trial run but I probably won't be touching SMGs for a while after today's grind.

I've left the worst garbage as last and the Stalker has been some painful *** stuff and the funniest thing is there's no reward for finishing the scout tree! Ugh. I also shudder to think of doing the Gauss SPR.
    • Up x 1
  14. iMartyr

I wish they would release some NS BASR's for the sniper rifle directive because having to auraxium the KSR, 99SV, or the Trap is not fun and not a play style i enjoy as much as having a solid bolt action in hand. It's silly that these weapons are listed under the Sniper Rifle DIrective.