[Suggestion] How to Stop Bailers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rahulr1, Dec 21, 2014.

1. rahulr1

Bailers suck, you don't deserve to pad your K/D by flying out of a plane and redeploying. A simple fix would be to make any repairing based vehicle slots only work as an engineer. Much in the same way how wraith cloak only works as an infiltrator. Anyone who wants to bail because they're using aircraft as a mode of transport should be allowed to land safely, so you are free to fly as a light assault. Anyone who intends to fight aircraft and gets outgunned should be killed. Making auto-repair and fire-suppression engineer dependent will create less bail-assault and more engineers.
    • Up x 3
  2. JudgeNu

How can you bail out of an aircraft and redeploy.
    It is like what? 10 seconds to redeploy?
    It takes 3 seconds to hit the ground from the apex.
    • Up x 3
  3. Demigan

or we change the whole KD thing.

Currently if we have one player who destroys 4 Mosquito's, 5 tanks and gets 3 kills while he's at it, he's seen as a noob in comparison to the farmer who got 15 kills in the same time but not a single vehicle kill.

So either we remove the whole KD, or we add more statistics. Vehicle kills, vehicles lost, damage dealt in this life, damage received in this life (not counting fall damage, friendly fire and painfields), total damage dealt in this playsession, total damage received in this playsession, POI's assaulted (Point of Interests, such as generators and control points), POI's successfully conquered, average range of your kills (also a nice statistic to be used on seperate weapons) and revives received.

On some of these we can instantly hang some nice directives. For example: receive 10.000 damage in one life as a non-MAX (not counting fall damage, friendly fire and painfields). Since you only got 1000 health (1750 with Heavy shield) you will need to get a lot of shield damage and healing to achieve this.
    Deal 15.000 damage in one life as infantry against infantry. (15 kills that you solo or a lot of assists)
    Deal 20.000 damage in one life as infantry against vehicles
    Deal X damage in one life as vehicle against infantry
    Deal X damage in one life as vehicle against vehicles.
    Destroy 10 vehicles in one life as infantry (expert directive)
    Destroy 30 vehicles in one life as a tanker (expert directive)
    get X vehicle kills in a single playsession
    • Up x 6
  4. Archiadus

What if:
    1. Disable the ability to leave your aircraft while it's moving.
    2. Modify the Ejection System so that it allows you to exit while your aircraft is moving.
    I somehow doubt that it will ever happen but one can dream. :p
    • Up x 4
  5. breeje

how about you just don't look at your K/D and play for fun?
    the option is yours and for you to not care about K/D
    or keep asking for a K/D modification the choice is yours
    • Up x 5
  6. Elrobochanco

Did you just make a thread to complain about missing kills aside from the aircraft itself and then say it was unfair that the other guy is "padding his k:d"?

Just shoot him, 10 seconds is a long time to tag a guy when you don't see the infantry kill notifier.
    There is no game balance issue here.
    • Up x 12
  7. rahulr1

Because you've got jetpacks... and also, if you fly high enough you'll actually stay airborne for over 10 seconds.
  8. DFDelta

If they use drifters... shoot them?

I'm a pretty horrible pilot and even I can tap them often enough to disrupt the redeploying.
  9. rahulr1

This isn't a balance complaint. All I'm stating is that many people are abusing gameplay mechanics to deny kills that people RIGHTFULLY deserve...
  10. \m/SLAYER\m/

i bail out of ground vehicles too. since vehicle kill counts as kill towards directives and medals - i dont see any problem, you can kill ESF and pilot = double kill (look Matti videos, he always kill them)
  11. rahulr1

Usually I can shoot them, but the point is I outgunned them so I shouldn't have to - they should be dead.
  12. rahulr1

Bailing out of ground vehicles is fine, because A) It's usually easy to kill the bailer and B) It actually requires a degree of skill to find a safe time/place to run away

In the air you're being denied a deserved kill and there's no skill required in redeploying
  13. maxkeiser

Stop complaining about pointless stuff. For the love of god.

If you've forced someone to bail, you have already won! You get the points for destroying their vehicle. If they can manage to evade you for 10 seconds while they (probably) redeploy, then good for them.

Absolutely no issue with people getting out of vehicles. I don't feel robbed when I don't get a kill, as the point is really to destroy their tank/air asset etc.
    • Up x 5
  14. rahulr1

I'm not throwing a tantrum here, I'm suggesting a small change which would grant more deserved xp. I play for fun like most people but at the same time I actually DO want to get certs and however small the quantity I'm missing out on may be... I won... I should get them.
    • Up x 1
  15. maxkeiser

This is an open-world sand box, not a death match arena. If they bail, and can hid or redeploy before you find them then that's fair enough. Due to the open world nature, there are always options for escape.
    • Up x 2
  16. rahulr1

That's exactly what i said... with respect to vehicles -.- flying is a completely different story - zero skill required to bail.
    • Up x 1
  17. Alarox

Should I not be allowed to jump out of my tank before it explodes and run behind a tree too?
    Should someone not be allowed to jump off their flash before it blows up?

If you don't kill someone then it means you haven't earned the kill. Want to kill them? Then go earn the kill.

Destroying someone's vehicle is NOT the same as killing them.
    • Up x 3
  18. rahulr1

I think you missed the part where I said bailing from ground vehicles is legitimate and requires skill, aircraft aren't the same.
    • Up x 1
  19. Alarox

So now you're cherry picking? Skill has nothing to do with it, and it is the same exact concept no matter what vehicle you're using.

Your complaint the entire time has been that destroying someone's vehicle means you deserve the kill.

You can argue all of that about me jumping out of a tank.
    • Up x 3
  20. rahulr1

No... The point is if you can jump out of a vehicle and run over to safety, then good for you. The thing is though, if you bail from a vehicle you're very likely to be killed by whoever outgunned you. In aircraft, if you bail, you fall at high speed, become very hard to shoot and deny the enemy the kill. It's hardly the same.

Going back I think I didn't make it clear that I only talking about aircraft bailers. Ground vehicle bailers are fine.
    • Up x 2