[Vehicle] Vulcan - The AV-PPA!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PasitheeVS, Dec 19, 2014.

1. PasitheeVS

Hi, I'm another nerf-the-Vulcan-thread.

The new Vulcan is completely overpowered, especially on the Harrasser.

It works the same way as old PPA. You have a constant automatic fire with which you can just click and point your enemy and do constant high damage to him. When the enemy moves, you only slightly move your mouse with him.
    This is even easy when the vehicle is moving at 100kph and even high skilled players can't really hit you with tank turrets. And a gunner can easily repair the vehicle while driving.
    Also the Harrasser is incredibly cheap to buy with nanites.

Let me show you an overview of the ATM highest performing tanks in PS2:

Vanguard > TR-Harrasser >>> Magrider > Prowler

I would even say VG = TR-Harrasser when you consider the cheap price of it and the ability to run away from lost fights.
    • Up x 1
  2. AlexR

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. Alarox

I agree that it is a little too strong on the Harasser now, but the Prowler version is fine.
    • Up x 5
  4. minhalexus

I fear Vulcan harasser more than a lightning tank, but Prowlers and Magriders are still better than Vulcan harassers.
  5. Flag

Between the option of "OP on one platform fine on another" and "Fine on one and substandard on another" ... nothing justifies overpowered.

Because for whatever reason they're just not able to change one without also changing the other.
  6. BobSanders123

The harasser version needs to be toned down to 60 rounds.
  7. ThreePi

This is a joke right? Vanguard has never been the "highest performing tank" at any point in Planetside 2's history.
    • Up x 3
  8. ColonelChingles

I mean even according to the lore the two are very different weapons.

The Prowler's variant is called the G30 Vulcan, because it uses 30mm shells. This would be like the Tank Buster.

The Harasser's variant is called the G20 Vulcan-H, which suggests that it is a 20mm weapon. This would be like the Basilisks.

The main difference being that an MBT resists 70% of Basilisk HMG-type damage, but only resists 41-43% of Tank Buster APHMG-type damage.
    • Up x 3
  9. Flag

Sigh, who knows...
  10. Thornefear

I'm sorry, where does Vulcan have splash damage and kills infantry without proper aiming at 300m?

oh yeah, ******* nowhere.
    • Up x 8
  11. iller

I tried to AirHammer one last night. I got slightly more #wrekt than them

It was a pretty even match I'd say. ....as opposed to VS harassers that were just sitting ducks for me.
  12. vanu123

300 infantry are barely rendering even if they do it is difficult with any weapon. Besides PPA is the worst weapon/item in game outside of possibly ZOE.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hatesphere

the PPA never did that at all even in its OP phase... maybe 150m and you would have an argument. besides this is about the vulcan being the AV equivalent, ie, low aim required for results on vehicles, not infantry.
    • Up x 1
  14. TammelTR

Considering that the ppa never needed a nerf, should be restored, and the vulcan left as is.
  15. Mxiter

Are you comparing a low risk-high reward weapon to an high risk-high reward one??
    • Up x 4
  16. Alarox

I agree his comparison is silly.

But these Vulcan Harassers have higher damage output at usual Halberd engagement ranges than the Halberd.
    • Up x 1
  17. Doc Jim

Vulcan-H needs adjustment to the point where it won't be a Vulcan anymore. MBT (Prowler) and Harasser are so different platforms that the MBT secondary weapons should never have been added to the Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  18. SuperTrooperWaterloo

I´m still disappointed. Expected they would finally give TR a long range weapon with at least the effective range of a Halberd for all the lockdown Prowlers. Since lockdown doesnt provide anything for the second seat, the opposite is the case, you could at least expect some sort of synergy between faction specific things..... but noooooooo, still a close combat weapon. Shoutout to all blue glowing Vanguards.

19. Cest7

"I told you so"
  20. Flag

... What's wrong with the Halberd for long range? It's what NC/VS use for the job.