Another dalton thread(thoughts after last update)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by viperfcs, Dec 18, 2014.

1. viperfcs

So... summer was the ammo and splash damage nerf and the bullet looking like a ap round... damn that sucked... and now... now there is this new update that makes my bullet so much more visible and like a "duster (witch is bad)" but it makes it visible only for 200-300 meters, after that range the bullet disappears... you ruin the game with your updates soe .. seriously !!
  2. viperfcs

up... no thoughts people?
  3. Obstruction

the Dalton needs 10 more rounds max ammo at rank 10, and a really small (1m or less) splash radius. otherwise i think it's in a good place.
    • Up x 1
  4. Verviedi

We need old Dalton back. It should be an HEAT shell, not AP. And it should kill with splash.
    • Up x 1
  5. viperfcs

Ì'm talking about at least give the old efect when we could seee the shot, now thats itsl ike a "DUSTER" i can see my shot only for 200m, then it disappears and its impossible now to dogfight a esf at long ranges. THAT IS THE MAIN PROBLEM - i need to see my shot where it goes !!!
  6. SpartanPsycho

The dalton will be looked at in my thread upon libs.
  7. NoctD

The Dalton absolutely needs a reload speed increase to 3.5 seconds. Its ridiculous at its current levels.
  8. viperfcs

i would like there to be a hotfix in witch the bullet will be fixed and will be visible at all ranges. not only for 200m. IT is almost impossible to aim when you cant see where the bullet is going at long ranges.
  9. current1y

For me it actually doesn't disappear. The huge tracer affect just gets removed and you see a very small projectile after that which will not be visible in most lighting conditions.

I agree though it should not disappear and the tracer width should be eliminated by about 50%. I also think the COF should be completely removed. There is still a small cone of fire on the weapon. I assume this was when there was splash damage. Since there is no splash damage anymore the COF should be removed completely.
  10. McToast

Moin
    Absolutely. I still see libs flying out there, we have to do something about that.
    /sarcasm
  11. NoctD

Nope - the Dalton is a lower skill weapon cause you can spam fire it and a miss isn't that bad. Its reload speed has always been an issue, and still is. A weapon with alpha like the Dalton must punish bad shots more. It was only changed vs. infantry, its vehicle AV effectiveness is still far too powerful, and its an AA weapon as well really.

Why? Cause you can spam it like crazy, and alpha damage.
  12. McToast

Moin
    Stopped reading. Come back when you have some experience with the Dalton. Until then I won't discuss any Dalton balancing with you.