[Suggestion] Planetside is OP and needs to be fixed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by KirthGersen, Dec 19, 2014.

1. KirthGersen

Well guys, I think I’ve found what changes will save this game from players rage and forums from never ending whining. I hope this total revamp and adding some features will make this terrible balanced game really comfortable. Feel free to add more to the list.

OK, here we go.

Regarding to forums, C4 is totally OP for now, both damage and ability to put it stealthy from the air. This is totally wrong. New and improved C4 should work like this:
    - 0,5 m inner/2 m outer blast radius
    - 3 bricks to kill non-FLAK infantry
    - 4 bricks to destroy a Lightning, 7 for MBT
    - 4 bricks max carried (starts from 1, certs up to 4)
    - One can be dropped per 1 second
    - No manual detonation, just 10 s timer
    - Loud and clear beeping to hear it and have a chance go away
    - Remove it from LA and medic, make only available for HA and engies
    This all will help new tank players to avoid being cowardly killed by bad guys.

HE shells. Totally OP too, sure, tanks can’t OHK infantry in real life. I propose to make it like that:
    - 400-500 direct damage
    - 200 indirect damage
    - 0,5/2 m in/out blast radius
    - 5 s reload
    This looks fair, man with launcher is always > than a tank.

All tanks should be unable to use stealth mode and auto-repair.

Liberator. Even more OP that previous things listed.
    Here are the changes:
    - Loud alarm sounds when enemy lib engages 300 m distance
    Weapons:
    - Up to 50% damage to MBT with fully certed magazine TankBuster to the tank rear, not 100%
    - 6 Zepher shots to kill one person with splash or 3 direct hits
    - Same to Duster
    - 50% reduction of Dalton damage and 50% increase projectile drop
    Maybe some more nerf changes is needed, I’m not sure here.

ESF. So much OP as AI machine.
    - Same loud alarm as for Liberator but detection radius is 200 m
    - All AI weapons shoul have 50% damage reduction from current state except Light PPA, it requires 70% nerf
    And AA changes:
    - Certable AimAssist slot to make targeting enemy ESF easier
    - Certable overshield same as Vanguard has
    Let’s make this game more friendly to new pilots!

Well, as I mentioned before, feel free to add some more balance tweaks you like to see.
    Let’s help this game become really fun!
  2. braytz

and nerf by 90% the damage of all weapons, a true man fight with only his knife.
  3. Demigan

You got me, I was all up in arms until I read the second one. I should have realised when you made C4 weaker than any Rocketlauncher that it was sarcasm.

Still, I disagree that ESF shouldn't have any fix, in fact, all of it could use some tweaking anyways. Some in favor of the weapon, some against.
  4. Atis

IMO, every time enemy appears withing effective distance, game should turn alarm on, switch to proper gun and autoaim it, then put huge message on screen: "Click left mouse button to fight valiantly". And after successful kill, you should get message "You are the winner, pick reward please". Reward list should include bigger gun, beer and hot woman.
    • Up x 7
  5. KirthGersen

This is THE EXACT WAY of changes I'm talking about. Thanks for understanding bro.
    • Up x 3
  6. Verviedi

Oh damn it Kirth. You know the infantry only crowd are going to take this seriously.
    • Up x 1
  7. KirthGersen

I afraid that most of the guys who read 1st post took my suggestions seriously.
    Irony today works bad without tons of smiles.
  8. Ragnarox

LOL someone c4 your tank? I dont like your suggestions, they are lame.

But I'd like to see c4 throwing and picking up if your target leaves from it.
  9. SpartanPsycho

I thought it was real until I noticed that Demigan was posting "waaa waaa my tank gets c4ed from the air because I only use my tank to farm and so I think that I have a right to claim that its op waaaa"

CALL 007 THE WAAMBULANCE NEEDS TO COME TO SAVE INFANTRYSIDE PLAYERS!
    • Up x 2
  10. KirthGersen

I didn't expect I need to write this but OK.
    THIS IS A JOKE.
    I tired of lame whiners a bit, guys who really need a loud alarm :D to avoid being farmed from Lib etc.
    Didn't you?
  11. Mastermind

Thank god you made this thread, no one has ever suggested any of this. Sony will get to work on all of your wants and needs RIGHT AWAY ™
  12. BunnyBread

Now when Higby makes this the next patch, he can point to the forums and say "see, the community wanted it!"
    • Up x 1