Need an advice on certing my NC auto scout rifle

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Halski, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Halski

First of all, I`d like to take the opportunity to say hello to everyone reading this, as I`m quite new to the game and this is my first post here on the forums!

So, I`ve recently unlocked an ASR for my NC character and I was surprised how it opened a completely new playstyle for my infiltrator! Now I want to unlock some USEFUL attachments for it - I want to make as efficient and useful unlocks as possible - so I ask for your advice - where should I put my certs into?
    Especialy I`ve figured, most of the attachments come with some kind of drawbacks e.g. the compensator reduces hipfire accuracy and makes a louder noise which reveals the user`s position from further away etc.
    Also, for the time being I use the default iron sights, which I find surprisingly good - but do you recommend to unlock any specific optic attachment?
  2. Souleater

I use Foregrip, Reflex x2 and a supressor on mine.

I tend to flank or hang back a little behind the gunline, so I either want to stay off the radar or be picking people off at range.

EDIT: Where are my manners? Hello!
    • Up x 4
  3. EIMR

I use it with foregrip, HS/NV and compensator. I use this with Nanoarmor Cloak, for when I'm in a base and I'm usually at closer ranges than what I'm comfortable with my Vandal.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xellon

As far as I can think of it, I'd recommend a Foregrip to hold that horizontal recoil at bay, a supressor fits it best I think, and a scope from x1 up to x3.5 (depending on personal preference) or NS/NV should top it off nicely.
    Generally, you wanna stay of the radar of your enemys (hence the supressor) , flank them, then pop out of nowhere, gun someone down (medics/engineers preferably) and vanish into thin air again.
    Keep harrassing their frontline and mess up their support. Good hunting!
    • Up x 1
  5. AnuErebus

Since it's a mid ranged weapon you'll probably want to work with attachments that supplement those ranges.

Good Attachments -
    Foregrip - Probably the best attachment to use. Anything to reduce the horizontal recoil on 143 damage, 652 RPM weapons.
    Compensator - Reduced recoil makes for easier control while ADSing which doesn't hurt. Drawback of reduce hipfire accuracy and detection range is extremely minor.

Ok Attachments -
    Laser sight - Benefit is less useful than the Foregrip on the ASRs, but it doesn't have a real drawback so it's not really harmful.

Bad attachments -
    Flash Suppressor - A simple no for any weapon, extra bloom is never good and the lesser muzzle flash benefit is worthless.
    Suppressor - Stock ASRs have a low projectile velocity to begin with, reducing it even further brings it to unbearable levels. Staying off the map when firing isn't a useful trait unless you're entirely devoted to mitigating your radar presence by limiting movement, using Sensor Shield, etc. to keep yourself from being spotted by darts and motion spotters.
    • Up x 4
  6. lilleAllan

Just foregrip and 3.4x sight
    • Up x 1
  7. Dualice

I use the forward grip and a mixture of 1 and 2x reflex sights. The 1x probably sees more use, as it's a bit more versatile, but there are times when I pop the 2x on. The grip really helps negate the horizontal recoil when aiming down the sights, and will probably help you a lot more than a laser sight.

I don't bother with barrel attachments for the auto scout rifles - none of their benefits seem to outweigh their drawbacks. Even though the suppressor seems a natural choice it will reduce your already-mediocre muzzle velocity to something resembling and SMG, and your Stalker will still be quite audible to nearby players despite not showing on the minimap. The TR's SOAS-20 suffers from the same issue.
    • Up x 1
  8. Merakov

Attachments:
    Foregrip - hipfire is not bad but mainly you will be ADS
    x2 or HS/NV in night battles - perfect for the medium ranges
    Compensator - helps ADS
    Ammo Belt - auto SR eat through ammo fast (why not nanoweave ? well you can get it but the point is to flank and ambush not go 1v1 headons.Though it might be better in Watchtowers and Biolabs)
    Hunter Cloak - duuh
    General strategy:
    Keep medium distance .In CQC most weapons will out DPS you and for longer ranges there are better weapons for that too.
    Engage people who are preoccupied dont go for the showdowns infil's are squishi .Flank and ambush
    • Up x 2
  9. Halski

Thanks everyone for so detailed input so far! It appears, that the most commonly recommended and widely used is the forward grip - and - having done some reserch here: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Forward_Grip it almost seems like a direct upgrade of the weapon (with negligible drawbacks).
    Having this concluded I think I`ll go just for the foregrip - and stick with the iron sights for now - still have not made my mind on what optic attachment to use, I`m almost certain the most viable optics to use with this weapon are all 1x-2x (thus why I like the default sights), but there are so many choices within 1x-2x range. Plus - is there any reason to upgrade the iron sights with 1x reflex sight?
  10. Takoita

As far as I know, reflex sights are mostly the matter of personal preference, so you might want to check the shapes and colors available in the VR room before making any purchases.

They do generally allow you to see the area around the point you are aiming at a bit better though. Also, iron sights have a small degree of in-built zoom in them (stated in the in-game weapon profile) and getting a 1x reflex sight will actually give you less zoom then what you have for default and allow you a wider field of view and easier tracking of moving targets for closer ranges.
    • Up x 2
  11. Stinneyt

Foregrip, x2 or NV scope.
    I didnt bother with the supressor since the idea is to move around a bit with it.

Although technically mid range, I have had success with it in CQC.
    • Up x 2
  12. Mustarde

Comp, Grip, 2x reflex.

I've tried variations but this has been tried and true for me.
    • Up x 4